2014 Sesame Street Emmy Noms

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I love Joey. I think he's hilarious. Any time he picks up a puppet, you know it's gonna steal the show, like the squirrel in the Furry Four. So what if just about all his characters sound the same? That's the easiest voice for him to use. Also, have you heard him sing? It's awesome!
Also, do you think his natural voice is annoying?
I wanna hear what Oscarfan has to say to this. Joey is one of his favorite performers.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
OK, don't get me wrong. I don't have anything whatsoever against Joey. The thing is that, ever since Season 40, I haven't really cared much for Murray- look at everything he does: introducing segments, finding out what the Word of the Day is, Murray has a little lamb, and People in your Neighborhood segments. He started being shown so much that I've lost respect for him, and since then, he's been the least tolerable SS character for me.

Also, that's not the only voice Joey has done with his characters. I mean, Colambo for example, didn't have a Murray-type voice, and even a few one-shot characters performed by Joey (like Sir Count-a lot, in "Elmo Says Boo") didn't have that Murray-type voice either. So, what gives you the idea that Murray-type voices are the best he can do?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
OK, don't get me wrong. I don't have anything whatsoever against Joey. The thing is that, ever since Season 40, I haven't really cared much for Murray- look at everything he does: introducing segments, finding out what the Word of the Day is, Murray has a little lamb, and People in your Neighborhood segments. He started being shown so much that I've lost respect for him, and since then, he's been the least tolerable SS character for me.

Also, that's not the only voice Joey has done with his characters. I mean, Colambo for example, didn't have a Murray-type voice, and even a few one-shot characters performed by Joey (like Sir Count-a lot, in "Elmo Says Boo") didn't have that Murray-type voice either. So, what gives you the idea that Murray-type voices are the best he can do?
Well, Murray really needs to be a character on the show instead of just the host. That way, you can see just how great he is. His bits with Jerry O'Connell, Mark Rufalo, and Joe Gordon- Levit are hilarious. I didn't say that voice is the best he can do. I'm saying he just loves to use that voice whenever he can. And it doesn't bother me. Not even when he screams. The only one of his characters I dislike is Horatio.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Well, Murray really needs to be a character on the show instead of just the host. That way, you can see just how great he is. His bits with Jerry O'Connell, Mark Rufalo, and Joe Gordon- Levit are hilarious. I didn't say that voice is the best he can do. I'm saying he just loves to use that voice whenever he can. And it doesn't bother me. Not even when he screams. The only one of his characters I dislike is Horatio.
Well, yeah, I mean, if he wasn't shown constantly on a regular basis (new episode wise), I'd probably like him more, but the way he is now, I just don't care much for him. As crazy as this may sound to you I've actually grown to like Horatio since he's been shown less frequently these days. So, who knows? If there's ever a time when Murray gets that type of treatment, I may gain respect for him again.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Well, yeah, I mean, if he wasn't shown constantly on a regular basis (new episode wise), I'd probably like him more, but the way he is now, I just don't care much for him. As crazy as this may sound to you I've actually grown to like Horatio since he's been shown less frequently these days. So, who knows? If there's ever a time when Murray gets that type of treatment, I may gain respect for him again.
Wonderful points.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Um, why did you say almost forgot someone wasn't a cast member anymore? Who was it?