50 Greatest TV Animals on Animal Planet on June 14

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
In case it hasn't been posted already, tonight, June 14, there's a show on Animal Planet called "50 Greatest TV Animals," which according to my interactive cable guide, features Kermit the Frog and Big Bird.

It comes on Animal Planet tonight at 8pm/7c.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I saw that today and it was SOOO great!!! I kept anticipating them making a rediculous mistake in their judgments and placing Kermit somewhere in the 30s -- but he was second only to Lassie as the greatest TV animal! :zany: Of course, we already knew he was tops, but it's great to see that even the animal planet channel realizes that. Maybe this is more evidence of Muppets becoming more popular...

And the greatest thing about the show was no evil :grouchy: Disney :mad: characters even made the list! Ha! :smile:

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
And the greatest thing about the show was no evil :grouchy: Disney :mad: characters even made the list! Ha! :smile:

--"Scary" Larry Wolf
Yeah yeah yeah...

Yeah it was great that Kermit got that far up. Should've known Lassie would be #1, but I was still rooting for Kermit. It's cool that he mentioned Jim and Jane Henson and he used one of Jim's most familiar quotes that "my friends and I might leave the world a better place than when we got here." And in another part of the special, Kermit mentioned Miss Piggy as his favorite TV animal (or else she'd hurt him), Big Bird (who's also high on the list) mentioned Snuffy (though they showed his sister Alice), and David Hyde Pierce of "Frasier" said his favorite animal was that guy from "Sesame Street"...ANIMAL, who tied, on HIS list, with the Cookie Monster! I think the guy's a little confused, but at least he mentioned them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So Kermit was the second best TV animal right. or am I reading that wrong? That's fantastic!

Why is it so hard to tell the difference between Sesame Street and the Muppet Show? I guess a guy like Hyde Pierce, bing at least in his late 40s, didn't grow up with SS as a kid. Maybe that's it. It's still cool to hear him rave about the Muppets. :halo:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I got to see it but wanted to record it. Will it come on again some time soon?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I got to see it but wanted to record it. Will it come on again some time soon?
It comes on again tomorrow, June 16, at 8pm/7c, 11pm/10c, and a one-hour edition at 3am/2c.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
It was really nice that Kermit was no.2! They did a good job on the whole show!

P

Philip Kippel

scarylarrywolf said:

--"Scary" Larry Wolf
HEY!!! WATCH WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT DISNEY CHARACTERS! I LOVE THEM, FOR ONE...AND I'M ALSO A DISNEY FAN! WITH A BIT OF CRITICISM SUCH AS THAT, I TAKE OFFENSE AND FEEL VERY INSULTED!:grouchy:

DISNEY CHARACTERS AREN'T EVIL (with certain exceptions)...AND THEY HAVE HEARTS AND FEELINGS TOO, YOU KNOW! DISNEY CHARACTERS GET BASHED TOO MUCH AND I'M SICK AND TIRED OF IT! NOT ONLY THAT, IT EVEN MAKES ME FEEL GUILTY ABOUT LOVING DISNEY! :cry:

Sure, they may not be like the Muppets, but still, they too are widely known and loved the world over and should continue be as loved and respected as the Muppets.

So, please, folks, do me and others a favor and DON'T BASH DISNEY CHARACTERS!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
HEY!!! WATCH WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT DISNEY CHARACTERS! I LOVE THEM, FOR ONE...AND I'M ALSO A DISNEY FAN! WITH A BIT OF CRITICISM SUCH AS THAT, I TAKE OFFENSE AND FEEL VERY INSULTED!:grouchy:

DISNEY CHARACTERS AREN'T EVIL (with certain exceptions)...AND THEY HAVE HEARTS AND FEELINGS TOO, YOU KNOW! DISNEY CHARACTERS GET BASHED TOO MUCH AND I'M SICK AND TIRED OF IT! NOT ONLY THAT, IT EVEN MAKES ME FEEL GUILTY ABOUT LOVING DISNEY! :cry:

Sure, they may not be like the Muppets, but still, they too are widely known and loved the world over and should continue be as loved and respected as the Muppets.

So, please, folks, do me and others a favor and DON'T BASH DISNEY CHARACTERS!
However distasteful you found his comment, nobody was attacking you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion here and we value that.