1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

60 Years of Muppets...

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by beaker, Mar 26, 2014.

1. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Are there any videos of this?

2. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

Yes.

beaker and panmanthe2nd like this.
  3. MUPPETFAN1976

There's more.

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  4. panmanthe2nd

Thanks MUPPETFAN1976!!!

5. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

My 700th post on the MC forum! What better place for that than this thread?

It's remarkable that it's been 60 years since Jim Henson created the Muppets. I can clearly remember the 50th anniversary celebration with all those Muppet movie reissues that had the special Kermit logo on them. That was 2004-2005 when I bought the Muppet Show Season 1 on DVD. It doesn't even seem that long ago.

Since then, there have been two new theatrical movies, several specials, some downright hilarious YouTube videos ("Bohemian Rhapsody," anyone?), a heap of TV appearances, and an onslaught of merchandise. I hope that the Muppets (and their distant cousins on Sesame Street and in Fraggle Rock) will continue to remain in the public eye for 60 more years. Jim Henson would be proud.

"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in the world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there." ---:jim:

Boy, you did all that and more, Jim.

6. MUPPETFAN1976

No problem panmanthe2nd and congrats on your 700th post cjd874. :)

panmanthe2nd and cjd874 like this.
  7. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes. Yes. And yes. Thank you for reading my mind sweetheart. Listen to this guy please!!!

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  8. MUPPETFAN1976

Jim Henson would be very proud that the Muppets have continued almost 24 years after his death. It will be 24 years next Friday May 16th.

9. panmanthe2nd

Another Jim Henson's Musical World would be great too. Maybe on TV as well as live this time?

LouisTheOtter and muppetlover123 like this.
  10. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I would love that!

11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I would love anything at this point. :p

sesamemuppetfan and panmanthe2nd like this.
  12. MUPPETFAN1976

I would too.

13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

oh wow! hardcore. Someone uploaded just the muppets portion which clocked in at about 2 hours and I was able to burn it on dvd-r. Really great stuff! (especially compared to the Lady Gaga fiasco or the Disney channel stuff)

14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my Mom bought me some Miss Piggy bath products from that QVC special for my birthday. NIce to have some Muppet merchandise in the house again, hehe.

My friend also made me her own Muppets card, with Scooter on the cover, lol. Super Grover and a MS group shot were inside. She wrote "Let's hope if Super Grover crashes in today it's only for the party!" Lol

Then she said to me, "Now look at the back of the card." I had a feeling, and sure, enough, it was a picture of Richard Hunt with Scooter and a word balloon saying Happy Birthday! ;)

All in all a very Muppety B-day! :)

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  15. Pinkflower7783

I really wanted the pajamas they had but I wasn't about ready to fork out 35 plus shipping and tax to get it.

16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol, yeah that's QVC.

17. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I just realized something, thanks to Facebook: next year, it will be Kermit's 60th anniversary! There definitely should be some special products for that occasion from both Disney and Sesame Workshop! Don't you all agree?

FrackleFan2012 and panmanthe2nd like this.
  18. Pinkflower7783

I think when we say the "Muppets 60th anniversary" Kermit is definitely included in that.

19. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, you're absolutely right.

20. MUPPETFAN1976

It's The Muppets 60th anniversary overall this year. And yes, next year is Kermit's 60th anniversary. While we are on the topic of that, would Kermit go on a world tour like he did in 2005?