A fic someone should write..a challenge

Aaron

Reaction score
I would love to see a story about Rowlf's life from 1990 to 2011. What he did and how he was feeling. One shots in the past have touched on it but i'd like to see a major story about it. That is my challenge, any takers?

Misskermie

Reaction score
...But that kinda hard. Rowlf hasn't really had appearence since Jim Henson died, and Rowlf doesn't really have an adaquate place to go besides...A pound Maybe.:embarrassed:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It'd be interesting. Kinda hard to decide whether the plot should be he was in his hammock for 21 years or that he was actually quite successful (ala Scooter and Piggy and Gonzo) and finally retired.

Aaron

Reaction score
I was thinking Jim's death would leave him terribly depressed.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Understandable, though one wonders how a character who walks himself, grabs a couple of beers, and goes to bed can show even MORE depression symptoms. Does he skip the walk? He's not as bad off as Fozzie was. He had a pleasant-looking home. The hammock on the patio was a nice touch. Like Kermit, though the movie naturally wouldn't mention it, Rowlf had a life before the Muppet Show (Jimmy Dean for Rowlf, SST for Kermit). Rowlf is already a thoughtful, introspective character. Even if he, sad as he was, turned around 3 times and slept in a fetal position in the corner of his house for awhile, how can we be sure that's different from normal?

Aaron

Reaction score
Surely someone out there sees the potential in this idea

Misskermie

Reaction score
Well, it would have to be a short story...I suppose.

Aaron

Reaction score
I disagree there is 21 years worth of time to write about. One wouldn't have to adhere to Jason Segel's interpretation.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Well, I know, but I'm trying to think about what Rowlf could possibly do. He could...Wait...I've got it! I think I can do it!