a great Playset/Figure Set idea?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I think instead of playsets, we need more figures. Such is why I am encouraged to hear there will now be 5 figures per wave starting with S4...man, Toy Fare couldnt come sooner!
There is just this funny thing that i don't understand.....there has always been five figures per wave! one came with the playset in the frist two waves. we really won't be getting more figures now that playsets will be spread out, because one fig always came with the playset, now it's just the carded figure without the playset.

we all know this like writing are first name...but it proves the point...

series 1 kermit, miss piggy, bunsen dr teeth and beaker

series 2 Gonzo, fozzie, floyd, crazy harry and animal

series 3 Rowlf, lew, zoot, scooter and the chef

now the chef will come out later, but this was the plan, plus he's still part of series 3 and most likey his photo will aprear on the box in the 5 muppet group shot.

they will be enough figs coming out, it really seems that there is a high demand for a vets set and figures, we will not see it soon but you gotta remember that just because you don't want a certain set made does mean that its not going to happen, vets H would be a fun filled set like the kicthen will be and have a more more play value then the em band stage and the lab sets.

in my book 'Shelf Warmer' and Vet's Hospital don't even go together, i think that was kinda over board.it was a very popular skit in second to pigs in space as being number one on the muppet show

Zack)Rowlf the, I gotta give Rowlf/dr bob his respect, Dog.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
in my book 'Shelf Warmer' and Vet's Hospital don't even go together, i think that was kinda over board.
yeah.that was a bit harsh.

"Bear on Patrol" maybe falls into that category but not VH.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I think if you were to look up the word 'Shelf Warmer' in the Oxford English Dictionary...it would have a picture of a proposed TMS Vet's Hospital.
I don't think thats the case at all - Vets Hospital would be more Muppety than the EM Stage. I agree the real shelf warmer would probably be 'Bear On Patrol' because it's less well known. A Muppet Hospital set would be quite funky and unique - the kinda thing that would attract non-Muppet fans or occasional ones. Thats the kinda consumer base they need to increase the playset sales.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
None of you would pay for a figure of Fozzie in a police uniform?

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think i would - he's already been regular, invisible and in two vacation varieties. I'm sure lots of other people would though but don't know if they'd part with the cash for a playset. It's already sculpted though isn't it ? Or at least the figure ? That means we'll probably see it eitherway.

GWGumby

Reaction score
I honestly don't remember "Bear On Patrol" at all. None of the DVDs I own (about 4 of them) have a Bear On Patrol sketch on them, yet I've got several Veterinarian's Hospitals, Muppet Labs, Swedish Chef's, and other regulars like At The Dance, Muppet Newsman, and even slightly less regulars like Wayne & Wanda and the Muppephones. I've even got a few from Planet Koozebane to familiarize myself with that area which I couldn't remember originally either.

I prefer my toys to have sort of sentimental value which "Bear On Patrol" contains none of other than that it features Muppets.

If the Muppet line was only mediocre stuff, or if I were only getting a few figures that I really liked, then I would more than likely pass on it. But because Palisades would be making it, I would almost certainly purchase it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nobody's even seen the bear yet. I have loved all the Fozzie Bear versions, so this one will likely kick major butt. And there's lots of cool things that they can do with the set. I hope it comes with Muppet Monsters to put in the cages. Then it will be a big seller.

Luke

Reaction score
I thought we did see the Bear ..... very early on. Ken had it in the background of one of his office photos.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I thought we did see the Bear ..... very early on. Ken had it in the background of one of his office photos.
yup, that's right, i remember, i think the figue was laying down on the desk.
laying down on the job Fozzie?)

you couldn't see any detail or anything, but it was fozzie

But back to VH it would make a great fun set like the kitchen is going to be, with more play vaule then the EM stage and Muppet Labs combined.

I think Bear on partol could still be a very fun set, even if we don't see the set the fozzie fig alone would be cool, but we won't see it for a while as well as anything from VH untill maybe 2004.

i think VH should be the playset after Pigs in space, it will not be in the series after PIS because of the cut back in playset, but i just mean the next one to come out whenever that would be.

None of you would pay for a figure of Fozzie in a police uniform?
Oh i would, i think VH and BOP shold be the next two playset after PIS, they wouldn't be close together but we got two playsets in 2002, we will get two playsets in 2003, and i think these two should be the two playsets for 2004, unless a back stage area is in plan, then i would rather have that and VH pushing off Bear on patrol for 2005.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I would love to see Bear on Patrol made! I would buy it. The playset and stuff. That was amongst some of the better Muppet Show stuff. Top three skits to me were

Vet's Hospital
Pigs In Space
Bear on Patrol

All of them were great!