A Green and Red Christmas

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Tell that to my brain. :| It never fully activates on weekdays until 4 PM.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Dum da-dum! Another chapter cometh! I’m just gonna go ahead and tell you something about a later chapter(which chapter it will be, I have know idea). In a later part of this, David Bowie says, “I’ve always wanted to do a Christmas song.” I wrote this line, and at the time I was unaware of Bowie’s Christmassy collaboration with Bing Crosby(which Mom has on CD, heehee!). I guess... we could pretend that he doesn’t want to remember that because of Bing Crosby’s death a month later... or just find a way to edit that line...

------------------

A Green and Red Christmas

by PuppyLuver and ZootyCutie

Less than a minute later, the stage was set for everyone’s favorite canine of the keys. Rowlf the Dog sat down at his trusty piano and began a happy tune. “Here’s a little Christmas tune I like to sing at Christmas time!” he exclaimed happily to the audience. He then began to sing.

“I love to play those old time Christmas songs
At the Christmas Party Sing-Along
We laugh and sing those old time Christmas songs

When I’m at a Christmas party
And the fun is startin’ to sag
I sit myself down at the piano
And I play a little Christmas rag

I start singin’ softly under my breath
And I’m joined by a couple of friends
And everybody else starts singin’ along
And the party is a party again”

A group of chickens joined him in singing the chorus. “I love to play those old time Christmas songs

We sing about the talkin’ snowman
And the reindeer with the shiny nose
The swans and the maids and the bird in the tree
And the sleigh rides through the snow

We sing about the two ships sailin’ in
And the three kings that follow a star
We want them to bring us a Figgie pudding
If we ever find out where they are

I love to play those old time Christmas songs

“Here I go!” Rowlf started playing a solo on the high keys. “Ooh, that’s nice,” he said to himself. “Y’know, I’ve heard of sing-alongs... but I’ve never sung with ding-a-lings. Hehehe...” He picked up singing where he had left off.

Oh, it’s frightful weather, we’re checkin’ it twice
But all our troubles will be outta sight
And all our Christmases are sure to be white
The chestnuts are roastin’, so let’s start toastin’
It’s beginning to look a lot like fun! All right! Hehehe...

At the Christmas Party Sing-Along” He randomly scatted until he hit the big finish on the ivories. As soon as he finished, the audience gave him a gratuitous round of applause. Everyone loved hearing Rowlf play.

Later, Rowlf, Miss Piggy and Kermit were heading backstage. Rowlf and Piggy made their way to their dressing rooms, while Kermit had just been intercepted by a certain magical jester who happened to be obsessed with David Bowie. “Helloooo, Kermit!” Dimentio exclaimed.

“Dimentio?” Kermit was starting to become exasperated by the jester’s constant appearances. “Why are you still here?” he asked.

Dimentio waved his hand about in the manner of conducting an orchestra, no doubt to the tune of some random Bowie song playing in his head. “Well,” he replied casually. “you promised David Bowie would be here, so I'm staying until I find him.”

Good grief... Kermit thought. He turned to try and distract Dimentio again. “Why don't you check the dressing rooms again?” he suggested.

Dimentio’s eyes didn’t seem to have the jovial gleam in them that they usually did, which was probably not a good sign. “I checked them all,” Dimentio told the frog host, with a slight hint of anger in his voice. “Twelve times.”

“Well, check again,” Kermit said in a matter-of-fact tone. This was obviously not the right thing to say, as the so-called “charming” magician grabbed him around the throat in one hand, a magic starburst charging in the other. “JOKE’S OVER, FROG. WHERE ARE YOU HIDING HIM?

“Um, well, you see...” Kermit tried to think of any excuse to get Dimentio off his back(and throat), but he was coming up blank. Fortunately, at that moment, an annoying little Spanish shrimp(excuse me, “king prawn”) samba-ed his way right between them. “¡Hola, Kermin!” Pepe the King Prawn greeted Kermit in his typical fashion. “Jou know, I can’t seem to find Missy. She's supposed to be in my number, okay.”

Misty Pepper, daughter of Janice and Floyd Pepper and former human transported from the “real world”, rushed in almost as soon as Pepe had said those words. “Sorry I’m late,” she said to Pepe. Then she looked over at Dimentio, who had recently become one of the people she did not wish to see at any time, ever. “YOU!” she shrieked. “What are YOU doing here?”

“Um... I think I left a... food... in the oven... Ciao!” With that, Dimentio warped away, hopefully to not be seen again for the rest of the show. Even so, Misty was still seething at the fact that he had so much as been in the same building as her. “If I knew how to warp, I'd rip him limb from limb!” she growled through clenched teeth.

“He was just looking for David Bowie,” Kermit assured her. This really didn’t say much, for Dimentio without Bowie was like a drug addict without his fix: dangerous. “Speaking of which...” Kermit knocked on one of the trunks from earlier. “David, he's gone again!”

David Bowie lifted the lid of the trunk he had been hiding in pretty much the whole time. “For good this time?” he asked, with a hint of fear in his voice.

“If Misty sticks around, he'll be gone for a long time. That is, if he's smart...” Kermit wiped his brow(if he even has a brow... does he?), relieved that the annoying jester had finally left. He didn’t have much time to relax, however, as Scooter ran up to him at that moment. “15 seconds to Pepe and Misty's number, boss!” he told him.

“Right,” Kermit replied. He ran out onstage to introduce the unlikely pair. “Okay, moving right along,” he announced to the audience. “here's a duo that should put Christmas cheer into you! Here's Misty and Pepe with "Merry Christmas Baby"! YAAAAAAYY!”

------------------

Done with chapter 5! Yay! I doubt anyone’ll notice it, but I made a reference to Dimentio’s SPM in-game background music(titled “Dimentio, Charming Magician”). And the hand waving thing, I do that all the time. Okay, Maddie, you’re up again! GET TO WORK! XD

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good. And here I was gonna come to nag for more of this delightful tale. But where pray tell did you get the lyrics for this last song from? Two ships sailin' in? Thought it was three. And I just want to get the line about the figgy pudding cleared up. If we ever find out what they are.

Thanks... More please!

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
But where pray tell did you get the lyrics for this last song from? Two ships sailin' in? Thought it was three. And I just want to get the line about the figgy pudding cleared up. If we ever find out what they are.
I just played it repeatedly and typed what I heard. Apparently I don't have as good an ear for lyrics as I'd like to think... :embarrassed:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's OK PL. Actually, I transcribed and PM'ed Maddie the lyrics. Guess I shoulda sent 'em to you too. But since I thought Maddie was the one who'd write that chapter/song... Heh, is good though. Is a nice fic... Is wanting more now hokay.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Yeah, that probably would have been a good idea... XD Okay. It's now time to poke Maddie! *poke poke poke poke poke poke poke*

We are obviously not gonna get this done before Christmas. *looks at calendar... only 5 days left* Oh lordie lordie.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 6 (Wow, that was fast...)

The stage was set for the duo’s number, which looked like the living room of a standard house, complete with fireplace. As soon as the curtains rose, music started, and they both sang the first lines:

“Merry Christmas Baby
Merry Christmas baby”

“Merry Christmas baby
Sure did treat me nice
Merry Christmas baby
Sure did treat me nice”
Pepe took the first solo line.

“Bought me diamond rings for Christmas
I feel like I'm in paradise
Be at my side
I got music on my radio
Feel my vibe
I got music on my radio”
Misty sang back to the Spaniard shrimp.

”I feel like I'm going to kiss you underneath the Mistletoe
Santa's coming down the chimney, half past three
All those pretty presents for my baby and for me

Merry Christmas baby
Sure did treat me nice
Treat me so nice
Bought me pretty presents
I feel like I'm in paradise”
They harmonized.

“Merry Christmas girl
Merry Christmas baby
Merry Christmas baby
Sure did treat me nice
You know you do
Merry Christmas baby
Sure did treat me nice
I got a lot of pretty presents
I feel like I'm in paradise”
Pepe soloed by himself.

“Merry Christmas baby
Merry Christmas baby
I feel like I'm in paradise
In paradise
Merry Christmas baby
Happy New Year
Merry Christmas baby
Merry Christmas baby
Merry Christmas baby
Merry Christmas baby
Merry Christmas baby”
The duet sang the final lines, and then spoke in unison. “Happy New Year!”

The audience happily applauded, as Misty playfully ruffled Pepe’s hair. Statler and Waldorf were watching from their box, with none too happy looks.

“So, what did you think of that?” Statler asked.

“I don't want to comment, I hated it that much.” Waldorf admitted.

“Hmm…” Statler said, as he took in the comment.

As soon as Misty and Pepe came backstage, the latter with his hair messed up by the former, one of the trunks started shaking again, and Dimentio popped up, with a pink t-shirt draped on his hat.

“I’m invisible…” Dimentio said, and then got into a giggle fit, while Pepe left to the canteen, and Misty glared at him.

Pretty soon, Floyd came in, only with a red sweater replacing his standard Army jacket. He had Animal in tow, on his chain, and was slightly sweating, while Animal panted.

“Kermit, how long 'till we do our stuff?” Floyd asked the frog in chief. “Animal's not going to wait.”

“JINGLE, JANGLE, SING MY SONG!” Animal yelled, as he pulled on his chain.

“Um, you guys go on right now! Thank goodness...” Kermit said, as he wiped even more sweat off his brow. (How is he even sweating?)

Floyd and Animal then rushed onstage, while Dimentio popped back out of the trunk, this time with a green scarf around his neck.

“Is the crazy girl gone yet?” He asked.

At the same time, David had just came out of his dressing room…

“That stalker-jester's not back, is he?” He asked, and then was met face to face with the exact stalker.

“..........................................................................”

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Wew hew! That was quick! *clap clap clap* I like how you added the random clothing items on Dimentio. And the hair ruffle... *giggles* I'll get started on chapter 7 now!