A guide to errors in Sesame Street Unpaved

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, that brings in mind that the main error I find with the book is that it's too short.

I also want to know... in the international page, they list numerous SS co-productions... about how many of them actually existed, and how many actually lasted?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
my nitpicks? Some of the Where are they now type Muppets should have been featured under the main cast, while many if the main cast should have been in the "whatever happened to," segment. Most noticably was fat Blue, who still appeared on the show by the time the book was published. I can't recall, but by the book's writing Buster the horse, Forgetful Jones, and Betty Lou were not featured in the show.

Also, they Muppet vegitables were under "what ever happened to..." dispite their constant presence on the show. Also, the Rhymies, the Alphabeats and Dr. Thad were listed (and unnamed) under "anything Muppets."
Actually, I don't think they were listed under "Whatever happened To...?", but were on the same page that began that section. the "whatever happened to...?" section started at the end of one page, at the bottom on the left. Bruno and Little Bird should have been in the "whatever happened to...?" section, as could many characters not featured in the book, like Herbert Birdsfoot, farley and Rodeo Rosie.

Also, the Alphabeats weren't in the anything muppets section, but the Monotones were. Which characters were the rhymies?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yeah.. monotones... yes.. well, someone said "alphabeats" before in a previuous post, and it stuck into my head.

anyway, the Rhymies are the ones in the screen shot where 3 AM's appear to be drowning. They are a small female pink AM, a small green male Am, and most notacably the fat, blue AM, which looks like Little Crissy without a nose or glasses.

mikealan

Reaction score
a couple more I thought of!

oh, there was one pic of Frazzle on the Guy Smiley classic moments section, but the writer called him a monster.

There was a pic of the Monotones, but the writer called them the AM's.

Sherlock Hemlock should have more of his pics than the Salesman (he had his own bio on the "Would You Like To Buy an 'O'?" lyrics)

Sam the Robot was not listed on the muppeteers section

Harvey Kneeslapper had his own script on the classic moments section and had more pics of him than Sherlock, but we all know he was never popular just because people who watched SS really don't like him!

The script of the classic cartoon "M-Martha" was incomplete.

This book does not feature the music and lyric writers for Ladybugs' Picnic#12 and Alligator King#7. The writer thinks they were NOT songs, they were just animations.

Many of the scripts and lyrics of the songs and skits on this book are not official, BTW.

Rowlf was on the Frank Oz section, but his hands were played by Frank and his voice was made by Jim!

mikealan

Reaction score
oh, and the opening lines of Henson's Song of 10 sketch were missing! I know they were:

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!"
"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"

and, of course, there was NO title for Martian Beauty#9 song. Just the pics and the lyrics.

BEAR

Reaction score
mikealan said:
Rowlf was on the Frank Oz section, but his hands were played by Frank and his voice was made by Jim!

I read the Frank Oz page just now and it didn't say anything about Frank performing Rowlf's voice. Where are you getting this information. Are you pointing out an error that wasn't an error? I am confused.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
mikealan said:
Sherlock Hemlock should have more of his pics than the Salesman (he had his own bio on the "Would You Like To Buy an 'O'?" lyrics)
So should The Amazing Mumford, Biff, Sully, Rosita, Baby Bear, Forgetful Jones, and the Honkers.

mikealan said:
Harvey Kneeslapper had his own script on the classic moments section and had more pics of him than Sherlock, but we all know he was never popular just because people who watched SS really don't like him!
He had more pictures because one of his sketches was there. none of sherlock hemlocks sketches were in the book.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
mikealan said:
oh, and the opening lines of Henson's Song of 10 sketch were missing! I know they were:

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!"
"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"
Well, the book did count up to ten. the number ten wasn't repeated several times (either after ten was announced at the beginning or after the characters announced it). also, only three of the ten announcements (besides the baker falling) were included. the book didn't include Ten Triangles or ten Indians (or Pans, which later replaced the indians scene).

Censored

Reaction score
Someone also thought that it was strange that a large hard back book had pages that you were supposed to cut out and make a flip book out of as if it was a Sesame Street magazine.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you really want to be picky? The lyric they botched up on "Let's sing a Song of 10" is 10 choclate LAYER cakes. They omitted the word "layer" for some reason.

as for a hard cover book having pages to cut out, the Bullwinkle Book also has some feature similar towards it... and that thing cost 50 bucks, too. I guess it's just there for people to buy more copies of the book, eh?