A Heart of Gold

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh...Right, wrong, something, sideways, March, May...Whatever...Gonzo. :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Some thing.
And on the ziffle day, he rested... His feet, both of them, upon the footstool... Pausing to read the posts and the ziffles and the occasional fanfic should it block the muffining.
And all was good as the people rejoiced.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I'm HOOOOOOOOOOOME! And I had a WONDERFUL time! And by the way SWAEHB, I had a bagel at breakfast every day! ...Erm, well anyway. There was something I was gonna do here, what was it... Oh yeah! I remember! I'll do that...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Seven

They laughed on the way to the table.

Clifford managed to walk next to Kermit for a brief moment. "Bet you really missed the food here, huh Kerm?" he teased.

"Does it still explode?" Kermit asked vaguely.

"Heh, only if you're lucky," Clifford said.

"And if you're not?"

"Then it talks," Miss Piggy chirped, still happily attached to Kermit's hip.

"Ah," Kermit said. "Good to know that not much has changed around here."

In fact, as Kermit discovered, nothing about the kitchen had changed.

Not even his chair.

It was still standing proudly at the head of the table, lily pads painted on the backrest, untouched. It was just one of those fixtures in their lives that somehow managed to never come to any physical harm.

Nothing about the kitchen, or the way they ate their food, or their manners- er, lack of them- had changed.

But, although the food was as inedible as ever, there had been some certain slight adjustments to the menu.

"De rey gauvem shwar de boom boom foogen shmurgle," the Chef explained.

Scooter smiled at Kermit's scrunched up face. "Little rusty on your Mock Swedish, Boss?"

"We figure he's saying something about the rations," Fozzie explained.

"Oh," Kermit said. "...Rations?"

"For the war," Gonzo said. "Lots of stuff is being rationed now. That's why my acts no longer include fruits, vegetables, rubber, coal, oil, solar energy, or any form of metal."

"Oh," Kermit said. He thought about this for a second. "Well, what do your acts include?"

"Hm?" Gonzo said. "Oh. Well- mostly just me."

"Si, and no audiences, hokay!" Pepe said.

Gonzo made a face. "For your information, king prawn, I've had more audiences in the past month than you have."

"Si, but jou haven't got as much monies as me, hokay? Or de ladies."

"You wish!" Rizzo said.

"I don't have to wish, hokay! I just do!"

"Yeah right," Rizzo said. "Fozzie has gotten more girls this month than you have!"

"Oh, don't bring me into this!" Fozzie objected, hiding behind his hat.

"Hey, but that's true!" Gonzo said. "Kermit, did Fozzie mention that to you?"

"Oh, brother..." Fozzie buried his face in his scarf.

"Lay off him, guys," Kermit said simply.

Fozzie peered out at him. "Did you get that letter?" he whispered.

Kermit smiled at him softly and pointed to his heart. "Two envelopes down," he said quietly. "Or at least it was there. They're all in my pocket now."

Fozzie smiled. "All of them?" he said. "Must be pretty big pockets."

"You'd be surprised," Kermit said.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey!!! She's hooooooome! And new chapter's up!

OK, this was short and funny at the same time.
One of the things I loved was how Kermit's chair, painted with lilypads on the backrest, is just one of those fixtures that never came to any harm.
*Sighing and shaking head slowly... If only we could say the same about the theater. Oh Uncle Deadly, you just have to get back and...
Sorry, wrong story to nag about.

Heh, Kermit's rusty on his mock-Swedish.
And he's got awful big pockets.

But I thought Kermit didn't wear any clothes?
Well, except for his signature collar...

Great stuff Lisa, and welcome home. Oh, and you're the only one of your roomies who still has to hand out their Secret Santa present, Prawny took care of everybody else.
*Hugs to my crazy cousin Lisa.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
More good stuff, nice how Kermit is able to see that very little has changed. And the letters from Fozzie and how he holds them in his pockets. So sweet. Welcome back by the way. And MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: Beth... Are you sneaking about the forums in that oh so stylish Invisible Mode that's the latest fashion trend this holiday season?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
More please? More please? More PLEASE????????? MWAHHHHHHHHH! You should never nag me when I'm SLAP HAPPY! I think the last time I felt this incredibly insanely insane, I ended up on the floor laughing for a good fifteen minutes, unable to see the computer screen but still trying to converse on MSN. (My apologies to Prawnie and Leyla, but OY was that a night!) Or maybe it was when I told Prawnie that it must be a pleasant experience to die of laughter. I don't know. I don't remember. I'm CRAZY!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO CRAZY! <bounces>

...Um... And I'm gonna try to read a little more, but then! Then then then. (Then? <nudges Leyla> Then? Someday? Pardon? When? Then? Am I cruel yet?) <bounces>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you cruel yet? Dunno... Thought your name was Crazy, Soh Crazy.
Guess we'll have to put in the paperwork to get your name changed again. Boy, I tell you, it's hard keeping track with all these aliases.

OK, name... Insane...
No, that was the old one.
Oh... Name...
Cru L.
Last name...
She didn't say.
Oh, OK.