1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

"A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa" comes to DVD in September

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment updated their list of September releases today, and the Muppet's latest holiday special is on the schedule! "A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa" is planned to hit DVD on September 29, 2009.

Bonus features, cover art and other techincal specifications have not been released yet...but I'll keep you updated as soon as things are confirmed.

2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

This is good news! I was actually wondering about the DVD of this coming out the other day. This will hopefully be a well-done release.

Speaking of which (even if I might be grilled about asking this) but do we know anything about DVD releases of the Studio DC specials?

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I hope that it includes audio commentary and any deleted scenes that might have been recorded.

4. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

I'm glad this is coming to DVD. I just hope it's reasonably priced and has more than a few extras.

5. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That is FANTASTIC news! That's so much earlier than I expected too! Awesome news. I so hope we see some deleted scenes--there HAVE to be some. Maybe it'll just be an extended cut--which would be even better. Thanks for reporting, as always, Greg! :D

6. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

More Details!

I've gotten more details on the release from the fine folks at Disney...including cover art and bonus features!

The DVD will feature 15-minutes of "never-before-seen" bonus material -- including a documentary-style featurette (called "Searching for Santa Claus"), plus a collection of deleted scenes from the special.

7. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for it!

8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

The deleted scenes is what I really want to see because I know that the writers wanted to do more with Scooter and the EM band! They may even have some stuff in there we havnt even thought about being in the movie. I kind of wish they would do like they did with MWO and have the extended version of the movie.

I'm also exited about the date this is coming out because its comming on my Birthday!

9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd guess that there will be like about 5 or less deleted scenes (average going rate). I hope unlike the VMX deleted scens, we actually get to see more than one good one (there clearly was a lot of other stuff they didn't want to put on there... like a certain rap artist). It seems like the writers wanted to do more period, and they were forced to make it a half hour TV hour (with commercials) instead of the 2 hours (less than 90 minutes) like VMX.

I really wish there was an extended "Donner cut" of the special.

10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

wow VERY cool news! :) i was just think when the dvd of this was comming out yesterday... :wisdom:

11. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Finally some good news on Muppet merchandise, and we dont have to wait too long, well better than a Xmas December release? I wonder if there are any plans for a UK release or TV airing this year?

BTW, What is a o-sleeve?

Chris

12. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I want to say it's a fancy term for the slipcover. But I could be wrong.

Do we know if the DVD will be in widescreen yet?

13. Rax

Rax New Member

Great news. I was wondering if LTS will be broadcast here in the Netherlands this Christmas.
    But heck, now I can buy the DVD. :D Can't wait for the extras.

Gr, Rax

14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

What would be great is if they sold the DVD over seas to put some of the videos from Muppets.com on the DVD for people who have had a hard time getting to the site.

15. Rax

Rax New Member

It would be even better if they realized that they're missing out on money by giving us Europeans a hard time getting to the site. When we try to reach Muppets.com we get the message "Thanks for your interest in Disney.com". What the heck? :boo:

Gr, Rax

16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Great news! This is what I suspected. They're pushing this project in time to tie-into the Halloween special. It seems to have all the extras we want too. $26.99 is a little high for some customers, but once it hits Amazon pre-order the price will definitely fall a significant bit. Hope it's widescreen like the broadcast. The cover isn't the best, but attractive enough and Disney knows the Frog and Pig are iconic enough to stand out on shelves among all the other Christmas fare. The O (or outer) sleeve will probably be glittery or shiny and limited to the first push.

Good Muppety news all around! Hope it has a promo for the Halloween movie. :)

17. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I was hoping that a new group image would have been used. Oh, well. I just hope that whatever image is on the poster for the upcoming movie is new, and not, say, an altered Muppet Movie poster.

18. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I also thought that 27 bucks is a little steep for a TV special. Their MOVIES don't even cost that much upon their first release. (If it stays that high, I'm going to wait until Meijer has them cheap, just like I did with VMX!)

The image says that it's a collectible o-sleeve. Hopefully that means they'll have more than one kind.

And if it's not in widescreen I WILL BE MAD AND/OR TICKED OFF! :mad::grouchy::scary:

P.S. What Halloween special?

19. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Cool news! I was wondering when they'd put it on DVD.

Wait, there's going to be a Halloween special?

20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Suggested retail price. What you'd likely see at FYE or somewhere. Most movies do retail for that much, but Target, Best Buy and even a lot of local places usually have them for much, much less. Still.... I'm surprised they're charging over 20 bucks for it. What are they doing? Charging by the minute :D (enough the special was short jokes out of me)

It would be pretty idiotic to release it in full frame only. While most people don't have them, newer TV's are all widescreen anyway. Then again, for some odd reason they didn't release VMX in the format, despite the fact it was produced in WS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.