1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

"A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa" comes to DVD in September

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

What is FYE?

2. Rax

Rax New Member

Say what? :confused: Phew! Fortunately they released it in widescreen in Europe. Like you said, releasing it in 4:3 in the US was an odd decission.

Gr, Rax

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Considering they're sorta disappearing everywhere, not surprised you asked it.

FYE is sort of like the Mall music and video store... sort of like what Suncoast and Sam Goody used to be. If they merged or were bought out or whatever, I don't know. But that place is all sorts of pricey. I mean, They still sell King Fu Panda for about 30 bucks... I got my copy at target for 8 on sale. Seems like they'd charge the 26 bucks for the DVD, while Target, Wal*Mart, or Best Buy would sell it for 20 bucks or less.

4. ZeppoAndFriends

Thank goodness! I thought I was missing something.

5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

According to some Tough Pigs posts, an "o sleeve" is another word for the cardbaord that has been packaged over recent single-disc DVD cases, such as many of the most recent Sesame Street DVDs. I don't really care for them.

6. Drtooth

They seem to just bump up the cost, which is passed onto the consumer. And a good amount of the time, people rip them off, steal them, otherwise ruin them. Somehow, I think this release could do without it... maybe make it a little cheaper...

7. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Disney DVD's have been having the shinny cardbaord sleeves on there releases for he past 2 years or so!
    :wisdom:

8. ZeppoAndFriends

'Shinny'? It has SHINS? That's AMAZING!

(It's spelled shiny and you accidentally misspelled 'cardboard'. (Just to let you know))

This message brought to you by the Sarcastic Grammar Police.

9. Luke

Luke Active Member

Fantastic news! They did O(uter) sleeves on the ALF seasons and they were fantastic - it looks like they will be kinda like 3d raised images . This should be good.

10. Drtooth

I wouldn't mind paying extra for the O sleeve... that is if half of them weren't damaged or stolen, or randomly removed by employees half the time.

11. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I've never had the trouble and my small town is like the home for the Shoplifters of America Club:insatiable:.
    Anyhow, I will be buying it...I see muppet DVDs so rarely that an extra $7 would not be too much for me:excited:

12. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

awesome news! I love that movie!

13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.