A Muppet Family Christmas

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes. Like Doc Hoppers at the mall! It's the first time in years we see them at the Muppet theater and Scooter has a significant part. And Kermit is the star, not Gonzo and Rizzo. Plus, Fozzie has some great moments too. Best they've been in years IMO.
Yes! I L.O.V.E. LOVE that Fozzie and Kermit are best friends and Fozzie feels that he's let him down and that is an important part of the story. His face when he faces the lasers for the third time and yet is prepared to go for it is SO priceless.

I think Piggy's scenes are great (Santa Baby from do-be-do-be-do) but I do get annoyed when she walks out on the Muppets in movies...(Like choosing her TV career without any thought of Gonzo's safety in MFS)....Although I suppose she did this in the Muppet Movie...

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Loved Muppet Family Christmas when I was a kid, it was great bringing The Muppets, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock together for a special. I was surprised to find the unedited version on YouTube, it was nice to watch it again along with Christmas Eve on Sesame Street (another favorite growing up).

newsmanfan

Reaction score
FINALLY was able to see all of the uncut version of "Muppet Family Christmas" on Youtube. Don't know where I was when this aired originally...oh, right, dealing with high school angst...

Wonderful. I'm a sucker for well-done schmaltzy sing-alongs. :smile: Although Christmas isn't my favorite holiday, this was terribly fun to watch. LOVE the huge Muppetastic gathering! Big Bird counseling the Swedish Chef was a highlight for me; also the Count singing one of my favorite carols, "I saw three ships".

(Those barometers have sharp points though! Good thing Santa gave me a ride...) ; >)

dwmckim

Reaction score
It never fails. No matter how many countless times i've seen MFC, during the singalong when Fozzie sings "I'll be home for Christmas - You can count on me" i ALWAYS expect The Count to pop up saying "Two bears! Ah-ha-ha...excuse me"

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Holy cow...now you have me considering Muppets done MST style...

'Scuse me... *clapping hands to top of head to keep brain from exploding*

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
FINALLY was able to see all of the uncut version of "Muppet Family Christmas" on Youtube. Don't know where I was when this aired originally...oh, right, dealing with high school angst...
Thanks for pointing that out. I enjoy watching the DVD with my mom, but of course, that is edited. I might want to check that out when I get a chance and find out what all is missing.