A Muppet Family Gathering.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Kermit voice: Oh good.

We'll see when I can get some more, a couple of ideas come to my mind as to how to get the family together again.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Chapter 4.

The Muppets were gathered in the master living room, now that the show had finished to rave reviews by both the theater patrons and critics alike. Kermit called for a group meeting, determined to try and make this work out so they could all be together during the holidays. But where would they go?
"If I could please have your..." the frog said when faced with the rest of the acting troop.
They failed to register his request given that everybody was talking at once.
"If I could just have a moment..." the frog tried for a second time, equally as fruitless as the first.
"Guyyyyyys!!" he shouted at the top of his little froggy lungs silencing most of the motley crowd.
"And so I said, like I said, I don't care if it's all the rage... I'm not putting any icky tattoos all over my body." the leggy skinny blonde guitarist from the Electric Mayhem mentioned unaware the din died down until the last second. "Like sorry."

"OK guys, as you know" the frog started "Our family's gotten bigger this last year."
As if by means of an invisible camera, the focus was shifted to Rowlf, then Scooter, and Uncle Deadly before panning back to Kermit.
"And as you know, we have a tradition of spending Christmas and the holidays together."
"Hey yeah, remember that time we all went up to Ma's farm?" asked the bear who wore nothing but a brown hat and polka-dotted necktie. "That was a great Christmas we spent up there."
"Yes it was Fozzie, but the problem is there are so many of us now..."
"What Kermie is trying to say, is we need some vacation spot where we can be ourselves, not some common little tourist trap."
"Uh yeah... Thanks Piggy."
"What about South Beach... Is full of da sexy womens hokay?"
"What about Sara's farmhouse boss?"
"We could all get beamed up to the planet Koozbane for an out-of-this-world experience."
"Mmm, it's best to celebrate the holidays on our own patriotic soil."
"Hey, how about a rockin' good time over at the dorms?"
"Or we could always go visit Sesame Street again Uncle Kermit."

This last suggestion set Kermit's mind rolling. Yes, although the street's apartments wouldn't be as glamorous as some of his companions would like... There was one home connected to the street that might just possibly be the perfect site for the Muppets' holidays. A nice far away place, where they would be well secluded and protected from any vicious gossip tabloid reporters. They had far enough of those battles for one lifetime.
"Rizzo, I have a job for you" said Kermit after the group disbanded, retiring for the night to their individual rooms.
The rat, munching on an apple he filched from the kitchen, came up to his boss eager to get out of the house.
"Yeah Kermit?"
"Get down to Pete's Diner and tell the other rats that we'll be leaving in a week's time. Tell them to inform anybody who asks that the Muppets are simply traveling abroad, you know the story..."
"Sure ting Kermit... We rats know how to spread bad news" he quipped before letting out a small derisive laugh.
"Oh... Be sure to get the rats some time off for good behavior so they can come too."
"You mean it?"
"Of course I do. When have I ever let you guys down?"
"On advice from my lawyer I plead the fifth."
The wisecracking rat scampered off through the door into the night, racing down the sidewalks as fast as his legs would run. That left only one green frog alone in the Muppets' residence awake at that late hour, the perfect time he thought to call up an old friend and see if this Christmas could be just as special as all the ones they've had before.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
EEEE!!!! *hugs Ed tightly* Ah, this is an awesome story, Ed! I love it so much!! I can't wait to read more of it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Chapter 5.

Kermit was humming a cheerful ditty as his green froggish head came up for air from the deep dank underground entrance to the subway station at Nelson Square. His visit to Sesame Street netted him the satisfaction of knowing that his friends from that quaint children's program would indeed attend their upcoming celebration. After crossing the street, he headed over to the local KMUP-TV affiliate studio searching for a radically dreadlocked purple-faced fellow Muppet.

"Hi Kermit" called one of the workers at the TV studios.
"Oh hi Martin, keep up the good job with all of the Henson programming."
"Thank you Kermit."

As soon as he reached the control room, he remembered just why this was the nerve center of the entire operation. Nigel was yelling frantically at his assistants to cue the next sketch of the show currently taping. This high-powered crew chief was always on pins and needles about something, unless his rage quieted down after consuming a soothing cup of coffee.
"Hey guys, everything OK in here" asked the frog unsure of how they would react.
"Hey hey, Kerm my main frog" replied the Muppet he was hoping to see.
"Hi Clifford."
"What's up Kerm?"
"Well... We're having a big Muppet Christmas celebration this year..."
"And you want me to host the show? Man, that's always been my dream come..."
"Uh no, the theater's closed down."
"Thas is good hokay? At least now ju won have to worries about thas spotlight Clifford."
"Man, don't make me bust off one of your arms prawn."
"Um, yeah... What I wanted to say is I want you to tell the crew here they're invited to come with us."
"Well thank ju Kermin, but Ricki Martin has invited me to shake my bon-bons at his party in Miami hokay?"
"But we told you before Pepe, we don't have the money to pay for your airline tickets."
"Unbelievable hokay?"
"Anyhew... Where's the party at Kerm?"
"I'll let you and everybody else know soon, still have to finesse the last-minute negotiations and travel arrangements."
"Yeah well... It'd better be somewhere me and my baby can get some alone time."
"Right" replied the frog before finishing the conversation.

Before leaving the studio, the leader of the Muppet core ran into an odd-looking creature if it could even be called that. He was a sort of blueish blob with a red beakedlike nose protruding out from his face, and two butterfly wings sprouting out from his back. In truth, those were the only things that Kermit recognized, since the character was amusing himself by changing its form into a great many things. Anyone else would be amazed of this guy's abilities, but Kermit knew who it was.
"Kermit! Haven't seen you in a long time" greeted the strange thing floating in the air.
"Hi Waldo. Say, you wouldn't happen to still be in touch with the gang from Muppet Central would you?"
"Sure, they still run errands here keeping the TV studio in ship-shape" he said before adopting the shape of a sailing ship.
"Oh good. Tell them they're all invited to our annual Christmas celebration. Clifford will clue you in where it'll be once it's settled."
"Sure thing Kermit, I'll just count the seconds until we get the big message."
The computer generated Muppet changed into a clock where the seconds kept appearing one after the other, and then rapidly morphed into a sealed Christmas card marked "Do Not Open Till Xmas".
"Hmmm, that won't keep him from opening himself though" thought Kermit as he headed off in the direction of Jim's Coffee House for a quick bite.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I love this story Ed! It's just giving me all sorts of warm fuzzies! I caught so many references I just don't even know where to begin!

1. Camera pans to Rowlf, Scooter and Uncle Deadly - nods to my Rowlf story and Sara's stories about Scooter's family and of course Uncle Deadly and Auntie Eleanor
2. Why don't we go to Sesame Street again Uncle Kermit? - nods to Lisa's first fan fic Destination Home and Ryan's fan fic the Revenge of Elmo
3. It would be a good place away from tabloids and reporters - nods to Ruhanna's current story "Kermie's Girl"

I think there's more, but those ones just screamed at me!

This is just so great! Can't wait to read more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes to 1 and 3, I guess a could be to 2. And there's a bit of a happy accident I'm pleased with up in Chapter 2 near the beginning.
If you spot anything else, please LMK, will see who else pops up in the next piece.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Chapter 6.

The crowd at Jim's Coffee House trickled in and out with a song in their hearts and a smile on their face. Seems Jim decided to get some live entertainment today to warm all his customers. A Muppet man with brown eyes, scraggly mustache and beard who was dressed in a flared brown camping jacket led two others in their current chorus. This Muppet look-alike of the shop's owner was playing a white banjo, music definitely to Kermit's liking once it perforated wherever it is that the frog was able to hear speech and other noises. Two other Muppet men near the first were playing what resembled a makeshift washtub base and a fiddle guitar.
"Oh, said I, "I'd like to go to Morrow so can I go today,
And get to Morrow by tonight if there is no delay?"" sang the one who was clearly leading the others.
"They make some great music here don't they?" asked a bearded man of Kermit.
"They sure do Jim" replied the frog who knew the owner quite well by now.
"So what can I do for you Kermit?"
"Just the usual, a dragonfly ripple with some hot fudge please."
"Coming right up."

The frog got caught up in the music, thinking that there were still some errands left to do before heading back home. It occured to him that this band of traveling musicians could maybe help him out. So he stepped up next to the leader of the Country Trio and asked if he could relay his invitation to the residents of Frogtown Hollow, it being a bit late to make the trip himself. The Jim Henson Muppet reassured the frog in that no sooner had it been said than it would get done. Kermit wrapped his coat over his amphibian body and sallied forth into the cold winds out on the streets of Hensonville, though his froggy heart had been filled with a good old dose of country comfort down at that coffee house.

When he stepped out onto Henson Street's sidewalk, he could see that the shops on the main walk leading to the theater were thriving. Zoot was almost nodding off, amazing passers-by with the fact he was still able to belt out a merry tune on his saxophone. Lisa trodded off in the snow out from the Three Candles, a brown paper bag filled with her notebooks and some Muppet films she borrowed for her own fictional historical research. Beth was showing off her wedding photos to Bryan and Angie over at the Hensonville Hooper's Store. Even a few Ice-Skating Penguins dashed across the frozen pavement as they zigged and zagged down the streets of the city. Kermit didn't almost notice the youngest of the Three Candles' sisters come up to him.
"Hey Kermit!" an exuberant Lisa cried before hugging the surprised frog.
"What? No choking slap on the back?" he asked, somewhat jokingly.
"Do I look like a cute fuzzy and blue monster to you?"
"Right."
"Left."
"What?"
"Forget it,it's a bit of a running gag. So, where you headed off to?"
"Hmmm? Didn't know I had somewhere to get to." he said absent-mindedly staring at the Muppet Theater with a wistful look in his bulgy eyes.
"Oh... Well, I'm going over to Ed's. Gotta drop off a few of the movies he lent me. That and let him know if I found anyone new to add to that list of his."
"Oh yeah... Really fine work he's been doing. Who's that guy that helps him?"
"Think his name's Tony... MuppetDude as we like to call ourselves when we're on the forums."
"Mmmhm... Mind if I tag along?"
"Only if I'm not IT" she yelled before tagging Kermit running down through the snow to the blackened toy castle.

The two made it to the Bat Bolt & Skull Toy Shop faster than a snowflake... Laughing and remembering little bits of Muppet history they confided in each other until that crazy girl decided to reveal it piece by piece to her other forum friends. The man in charge of this factory of fun had his office doors slightly open, he was in a meeting with a fellow enthusiast. Kermit and Lisa decided to chance it, knocking quietly yet loud enough so that it'd be heard by the room's occupants.
"Then I heard a tap-tap-tapping.
Someone wrap-wrap-wrapping.
Upon my chamber door.
So I tore open the window lattice.
And let us see what there attis.
Tis only a friendly frog and no one more.
Said I before opening the chamber door.
Is there no one more?
Quoth the raven, nevermore."
The brief solliloquy finished, the master's chamber door opened admitting Lisa and Kermit into the happy glow.
"Sorry guys... Just can't pass up a chance to spread a little myrthful gloom" explained the toymaker.
"Oh, that's OK Ed" answered Kermit.
"That was great!" said Lisa. "Can I use it?"
"If you like."
Two dulled eyes lit up, detecting the newcomers into the office of the toy shop's owner... His blue phantomish form ready to pounce on the strangers.
"Leave or be... Oh, it's only the frog. And that nice girl from the library."
"Please hexcuse my ghost here."
"No apologies bwah!" was all Kermit could get out before Lisa was hugging him tightly a bit afraid of what Uncle Deadly might do.
"Come on Lisa, you know Uncle Deadly won't hurt you..."
"Don't ruin my reputation!"
"Now then... Can we help you guys with something?"
"Oh... Yeah" started Lisa, "here's the movies you lent me."
"Thanks, been meaning to watch these, along with a few others I got like Christmas Eve on Sesame Street."
"Hey Eduardo..." Kermit said in passing.
"Yes Kermit?"
"You're still good friends with the Count von Count aren't you?"
"Of course, we're rooming together back at the dorms."
"Oh good. Say listen, I was wondering... Do you think he'd mind if you asked him a favor?"
"That depends, what's the favor?"

After saying their good-byes, Lisa went trudging back through the snow to the library, it was her home as well as her workplace. That left just the frog and the dragon at the Muppet theater that chilly afternoon. The frog was pleased that he had gotten Eduardo to ask the Count about the favor, and that it would be kept a secret between the two for the time being.
"Well, you'll probably be heading back to that acursid manor of yours?" queried the dragon safely within the theater's lodgings.
"Actually, I wanted to talk to you too Uncle Deadly."
"What about frog?"
"Do you think you could get Lady Fughetta..."
"Forget it frog, we ghosts may not leave the place where we died. You know as well as I do that's one of the rules of Death."
"Um no... If you could just talk to her... There wouldn't be any need to leave the theater would there?" he asked apprehensively.
"Well... Yes, I suppose I could get Eduardo to let me use his computer. Tell me, does that boy still have their address?"
"Scooter? Yes, I know he's good friends with the Wild Impressario. I'll get it for you and come back tomorrow."
"Good. Then if you don't mind, I bid you adieu, have a dramatic reading to get to."
"Well... Um..." Kermit tried to say stubbing his flipper just a smidge on the edge of the doorway. "Isn't there a slight chance you could... Make it there yourself too? After all, you're part of the family."
"Us? Leave the theater? The catacombs beneath the city afford safe passage through the underworld of Hensonville and Hensonville only. It would be impossible for any ghost to travel as far as you ask." the phantom said with a spark of explanative ire. "Though it would be nice to go back to Transylvania, just me and..." he said with a tone of longing in his voice from beyond the grave.
"Well, I'll just let you sleep on it" replied the frog, slightly nervous now he had even brooched the topic.
"Just make sure you get me that musical maniac's E-mail address."
"Yes, Uncle Deadly, I'll have it tomorrow."

The frog hastened his step en route back to the Muppets' main residence. Uncle Deadly's words ringing in his head, how this Christmas wish he had was even more important. He'd be making lots of people happy if everyone could make it.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I love it! Beth was showing off her wedding photos! That's ME!!! I love seeing our other MC friends too. And Hensonville is great! I just love this story. I wish more people would pop in and see it, I'm surprised Lisa hasn't had a chance to comment yet or Sara. I'm sure when they do they will want to squeeze and hug you as much as I do!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Ooh it's a cute nice chapter. I can't wait for more Ed.

(Frankly I hate to admit it, but I can't really think of anything better to say, I feel like I'm saying the same thing for everyone's stories! Your's is super, and great, and I feel like I'm repeating myself for the hundreth time.)

*hugs tightly* Wonderful story, Ed. :wink:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Dream come true!

The Count said:
Chapter 3.

"Come on Piggy, we need you to just..." a woman was saying as the upstairs dressing room door flew open. The gold plated star on the door shook, but never shattered. Piggy was being uncooperative with the seamstresses, trying to fit her for the elegant costume needed for the final number. Though Catherine shared a room with her back at the Muppet College Dorms, even she had a handful dealing with the porcine diva. It didn't help matters that a smaller yet older woman who spoke with a bit of a Romanian accent was having a coniption fit as well.
"I'll never underschtand vhy you fuss so" said Hilda stepping out onto the main stairs. "It's just a frilly costume, something that some of the other girls vould give their right arm to vear if they ever got the spotlight once in a vhile, Miss Hamhocks."
"Yes, but such a frilly frock does not become a magnificence such as moi-self. Now be a darling and help little Ru get the proper material to make a dress worthy of this show's biggest star" retorted Miss Piggy before she closed her door shut.

Oh, wow, Ed, um Count! A dream come true--costuming backstage for the muppets and dressing my favorite (uncooperative) diva pig! Haven't even finished reading the rest of the posts, but gotta jet--I'll post more later!