1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

A Muppet Puppet Builder's Portfolio

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Buck-Beaver, Dec 29, 2003.

1. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

most lilkely a combination of both
  2. RoloCorgi

RoloCorgi New Member

That's interesting...I guess I haven't seen a lot of the middle years of Bear, I've mostly seen early episodes and last-season ones, so the difference seemed very marked to me and I would never have expected Bear Pattern Baldness as a possible cause. ;) Thanks so much for the info!
  3. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

UPDATED THE PAGE CLICK ON MY SIG , lots of new pictures
  4. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

I love that giraffe. Very very nice.
  5. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

6. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Great, photos, all James. I have to ask you do you take a different approach when building the marionettes as opposed to the hand and rod puppets, or is basically the same with just more consideration for the movement? I particularly love the Griffin and Dragon marionettes....absolutely beautiful detail...
  7. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

umm, i guess i do,

i can be more loose with neck and body lengths and withs, since a hand does not have to work it, weight is an issue as is making joints that wont get stucks and will move well with little effort on the puppeteers part, they can be much more complicated
  8. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Wow, great puppets, keep up the great work!:)
  9. MelissaY1

Thanks for the response, James. I was showing my sister your site last night and she also was very impressed. What were the Canadian puppets (the bear, pig, etc.) made for? Those were a personal favorite. :)
  10. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

have not a clue,
    freelance job, hired built shipped, do not know what happened to them
  11. MelissaY1

Oh, ok. Was just curious. Thanks for responding though. I also love your sculptures too. Was very impressed with the one of the elephant...amazing detail and character...
  12. TreeloTwo

TreeloTwo New Member

Wow! My daughter loves BEAR!!!
    She has some autistic traits, and there is nothing much that gets her attention. But Bear does!!!
  13. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

thats great to hear , i have heard that said once or twice before about bear and other muppet productions