A Muppeteer Movie

Fraggline

Reaction score
Those are really good ideas! Especially the opening--that would be great if one of the Henson kids could talk about it a bit. It reminds me of a documentary a bit, and having Kermit in a documentary would be perfect.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I like this idea a lot! Though, I don't think this idea is the best for a documentary. I'm thinking more like a biopic where actors play the Muppeteers and the Muppets wouldn't appear as living beings. I love that Frank Oz talking with Fozzie thing. I think it would work better, actually, if he was doing all this worrying as Fozzie and breaking out the puppet and voice to do the signature "Oh my! What are we gonna do?!"-kinda thing. But I do think there could be a scene where we see the Muppeteers going on set and performing a scene like from the Muppet Show. We would see the scene from the camera viewpoint where we wouldn't see the performers and the backstage viewpoint where we would. And Steve and Eric and all the other real-life Muppeteers would provide the characters' voices while the actors portrayed the Muppeteers... uh... is this a little too confusing. I love the ending, it could stop right after Kermit speaks for the first time in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.

While it should probably heavily focus on Jim and his legacy. It could also feature smaller plots or sub-plots with the other Muppeteers (Frank, Dave, Caroll, Kevin) getting picked and discovered. We could also see a little bit to their backstories too. We already know Kevin's now that Being Elmo is out.

As for the title, maybe it should be called Behind the Frog or Fleece and Foam. I don't know, this is just my... wow... my really long take on this! Great idea!

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well that's nice but that sounds really confusing!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Sorry, that was just my take on it. The gist of it (I think that's how you spell that) is that actors would play the Muppeteers and Muppets wouldn't be real beings, it would be from a real-life standpoint, I guess.

Collgoff

Reaction score
That's all right you don't have to worry about that would be a mixer of that kind of film you had said and a muppet movie.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
if your realy serious about that you have to have a solid ideha first off then you would need to make a pitch. You would have to start with the Henson's they would be your key to getting anything like that off and running. I would try contacting the Jim Henson legacy they would be your foot in the door. Secondly you would need to pitch the idea to Disney and that might be a tough sell depending on the direction they are going to take after the new movie. If you get Henson and Disney to follow then I don't think it would take much to get Sesmae involved. The last thing you would need to do is find a good director for the film. (not Frank Oz) someone who is passionit not only about the Muppets but someone who cares about the people prefroming the Muppets as well.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I think he means you'd need to get everyone's permission for the characters and get a good director who's passionate about Muppets and Jim Henson. I think that'd be the perfect way to begin. For a director, maybe you could go with Kevin Clash, Brian Henson, or one of the writers of the Jim Henson biography books. Someone like that.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well I do give them repect on it; so you're saying that if somebody directes that movie that has be someone who knows Jim Henson and the muppets so well then anyone else that we know.