1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

A Muppety Day in NYC

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Muppet fan 123, Jun 1, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Haha I was just saying I should wait until Muppet Fan is back to talk to him and then you posted. Great timing! Lol!
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing this out. I see those all over. Cookie Monsters, Elmos, and even Micky+Minnie costumes, which look... just horrible. First of all, there are about ten Elmo's standing in the same spot, and they talk and they don't sound anything like the characters.
  3. Pinkflower7783

haha all those are awful in NYC. The abundance of Elmo's there is crazy though! Even if the real Elmo was there it would be a nightmare to me but that's a different story. Lol!
    heralde likes this.
  4. Muppet fan 123

It was great! I didn't have time to do all these stuff though. It's on my list for next time.
    The Disney store barely has any Muppet stuff in their store. It's sad really, FAO has more Muppet stuff. But I did get a nice Kermit shirt. They had a lot of plush and figures there. They were nice but WAAAAY to expensive for how much they were offering to give. For 12.00 they would give you five Muppet figures. I can buy Palisades figures for that price. I don't get why I'd spend the money on these.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Yeah I think Disney wise right now it's all BRAVE stuff right?
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's the nice thing about NYC, there's always more to see later.

Yup that's Time Square, lol.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. Muppet fan 123

I think it's a mix of Disney and Times Square. Stuff are more expensive at Times Square but Disney also charges a fortune.
  8. Pinkflower7783

Disney charges a fortune in general and you don't have to be in Times Square for that. LOL!
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Gotcha, double wammy, lol. Though last time I was at the Disney Store I was really amazed with how much Muppet stuff they had and disappointed with FAO's collection, so perhaps it just depends on when you get there.
  10. Pinkflower7783

They better be pulling out a WHOLE lot more when the new movie comes out! But normally they put more merchandise out for sequels.
  11. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I found the fao Fozzie Bear puppet at a Toys R US here in Texas but the prices went up it seems from what they were when they first came out....did you get to make a what not at FAO? If not I bet it was at least cool to see the what not workshop.
  12. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHAAHA! Oh my GOD! I hadn't heard about this Elmo suit. It's so wrong but I have to say....hilarious! I mean, obviously terrible for children. HORRIBLE....but...I can't help myself. It's so wrong it's funny!

As for merchandise, definitely. These things come in waves. Right now there's nothing much going on actively that would encourage people to spend money on Muppets merc. Before the movies come out and during and obviously when DVD's hit the stores that is usually a good time. But you never know. ^_- Maybe there's an awesome clearance item out there right now. It's worth looking.
  13. Pinkflower7783

I think the UK got better merchandise then the US IMO.
  14. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

Yeah I know. I wish the UK Disneystore for instance would ship to the US. I would buy so much from them if they did because they always produce cool muppets merchandise. Or, I wish someone would sell on like ebay or something like that, disneystore uk merchandise for the US folks!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  15. ilovemuppet4eva

I belive the prices on the fao puppets went up because they were selling out fast!
  16. Muppet fan 123

Order it from the Disney UK store... I'm sure there's a way to do that.
  17. ilovemuppet4eva

The UK disney store does not ship to the US. I keep telling them they should via email but they said shipping is too expensive to the US :(
  18. RC1979

RC1979 Member

http://www.fao.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11796052 Is this what you mean?
  19. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Yep...thats the one...though you really have to look at them in person...ssometimes the mouths are built funny so some look better than others
  20. RC1979

RC1979 Member

I have that fozzie. The mouths do feel kind of funny, but it's still good. Sometimes it feels hard to lift up the mouth.
    bandit likes this.