A Sanford and Son movie in 2007

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Whoa! You know who'd be perfect to play Sanford?

Nobody!

Jeez. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a Gilligan's Island movie yet. That's like, one of the few classic 60s sitcoms not to get a big-screen treatment. Yet.

Still waiting on Mr. Ed, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, The Mothers-In-Law, The Munsters...:rolleyes:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
And I thought The Honeymooners was bad!

You simply cannot replace Redd Foxx, just like you couldn't replace Jackie Gleason and Art Carney.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still waiting on Mr. Ed, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, The Mothers-In-Law, The Munsters...:rolleyes:
Shhh! Shut up Winslow! You'll give them ideas!

Besides, there's already been quite a few movie remakes of The Munsters... I think Christine "The New Marcia Brady" Taylor played Marilyn in one of them.

And there was a Green Acres movie a while back with the entire original cast reprising their roles (except for the Ziffels because they were dead).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Back in 1970 CBS caned all there prime-time shows, to bring in new shows that where more for the day. Several shows like The Beveraly Hillbillys and others where caned, but then latter where made in to T.V. Movies to kind of end them off better. I have seen a few of them they where prety good. To bring them back with all new people i think is wrong and really does not do the classic show justice. It would be like if they did a I love Lucy movie that would not only ruin the great name of the show, but also might hurt the name of the actors that played in the show.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Shhh! Shut up Winslow! You'll give them ideas!

Besides, there's already been quite a few movie remakes of The Munsters... I think Christine "The New Marcia Brady" Taylor played Marilyn in one of them.

And there was a Green Acres movie a while back with the entire original cast reprising their roles (except for the Ziffels because they were dead).
Yeah, I'm not really counting the made-for-TV Munsters movies. It doesn't seem to be official until a major studio, an all-star cast and (usually) a big-name director get on board.

I remember there was talk a few years back about a Gilligan's movie, that would have had Rick Moranis as Gilligan and John Goodman as the Skipper.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, I love Rick Moranis! Did you know that he's Canadian too?