A talkative co-worker?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Personally, I know how the girl feels; all my life (especially when I was younger), people ALWAYS told my parents that I talk too much. Maybe that's why I had very few friends in real life.
I don't know? People always said that I don't ever say anything at all and that they don't even notice I'm even in the room and I've always had very few friends, myself.

Nick22

Reaction score
I don't know? People always said that I don't ever say anything at all and that they don't even notice I'm even in the room and I've always had very few friends, myself.
im loud and talk waaaaay too much around people i know, but around strangers i am very quiet and shy. and i dont have very many friend at all. i literally only have about 12 REAL friends.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
im loud and talk waaaaay too much around people i know, but around strangers i am very quiet and shy. and i dont have very many friend at all. i literally only have about 12 REAL friends.
Yeah, but I mean you have to be happy for the friends you've been blessed with.Plus, I think when it come down to it, true fFriends really are far and few between in life and not always easy to find or run into. I bet most people have only have a few people who they call real, true frineds.

"That's what friend are for!" :stick_out_tongue:

Xerus

Reaction score
Reminds of that episode of Cow and Chicken, where Cow talked too much, getting on Chicken's nerve, and as such, he tells her to her face "I wish you were to shut up forever! Not one more word! Not one SYLLABLE!" As a result, Cow gave Chicken the silent treatment. Chicken is then later ran over by a lady truck driver, and he press charges against her, and has Cow testify as his witness, but since Cow is giving him the silent treatment, she tries to give her account of the story via charades... but since Red Guy misinterprets her action, Chicken is actually found guilty, and arrested for fifty years; on a congicle visit, Chicken finally apologizes for what he said to Cow, and she admits that she was trying to tell everybody Chicken was NOT guilty.

Basically, in the end, Chicken learned that age-old moral - be careful what you wish for you.

Personally, I know how the girl feels; all my life (especially when I was younger), people ALWAYS told my parents that I talk too much. Maybe that's why I had very few friends in real life.
I remember that episode too. I felt just like Chicken wanting some peace and quiet and not wanting to deal with someone who talks so much.

Plus I remember a Homestar Runner cartoon where Strongbad gives us advice on how to deal with a talkative co-worker titled, Office Dullard. One tip was to pretend to be on the phone or just keep going Uh huh and Yeah to everything they say.

Xerus

Reaction score
Yeah, but I mean you have to be happy for the friends you've been blessed with.Plus, I think when it come down to it, true fFriends really are far and few between in life and not always easy to find or run into. I bet most people have only have a few people who they call real, true frineds.

"That's what friend are for!" :stick_out_tongue:
I do have some good friends I like to hang out and talk with. But this particular girl is kind of nosey and makes me feel bad when she criticizes my private life.

Xerus

Reaction score
I too feel that way around strangers as well. I have a few family members and friends I'm comfortable around though.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I do have some good friends I like to hang out and talk with. But this particular girl is kind of nosey and makes me feel bad when she criticizes my private life.
I know what you mean. It's sort of like that of a school bully in a way. I used to go to work with a girl who just flat out seemed to hate my guts. She just plain make it miserable to come in to work evry day. I mean you would of that she was out to make my life lousy and I was not the only one who noticed it either. I would try to be nice, I would try to apologize. It was like she was pleasant until she turned around and saw me. The worst part was having no idea what I did to make her seem to hate me. She would always call me out and embarrass me and she always had a bad attitude with me and would just plain yell at me. I could never do anything right because she constantly criticized everything I did. It as like I was her own personal punching bad or the thing she decided to take her aggression out on. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh listen, if you want to talk about girl problems like that, when I was in Grade 7, there was this Grade 8 girl, who was like TWICE my size in more ways than one (and you know I'm not exactly Slim Jim here), and she pretty much stalked me whenever she saw me in the hallways - if I didn't run for it, I found myself being lifted off the ground, about to have my back broken because she'd squeeze me so hard, claiming to the rest of the kids in the hallway that this was her husband... talk about humiliation...

I don't know WHAT happened, but there was that one fateful day when she grabbed me, and the next thing I know, she pushed me the ground, telling me that she didn't love me anymore, and that she wanted me to sign the divorce papers ASAP.

:eek:

Even the assistant principal thought all of this was funny.

:eek: :eek:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh listen, if you want to talk about girl problems like that, when I was in Grade 7, there was this Grade 8 girl, who was like TWICE my size in more ways than one (and you know I'm not exactly Slim Jim here), and she pretty much stalked me whenever she saw me in the hallways - if I didn't run for it, I found myself being lifted off the ground, about to have my back broken because she'd squeeze me so hard, claiming to the rest of the kids in the hallway that this was her husband... talk about humiliation...

I don't know WHAT happened, but there was that one fateful day when she grabbed me, and the next thing I know, she pushed me the ground, telling me that she didn't love me anymore, and that she wanted me to sign the divorce papers ASAP.

:eek:

Even the assistant principal thought all of this was funny.

:eek: :eek:
What's wrong with some people! That are crazy! I think I've lost all faith in humanity with this one, lol!

Nick22

Reaction score
i understand the whole bully thing. i mean, to tell the truth, in a way i'm kind of a bully myself. i have such a short temper, if someone says one thing to me that i dont like, my temper runs a little wild. i never hurt anyone physically, but i am a tad verbally abusive. but only if people i like that to me. and i've gotten myself into so much trouble becasuse of my temper. i hate when people critizise the way i do things. like teachers. it's horrible.