1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

a weezer fan to a muppet fan

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by SinsterLinizter, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

The only thing I have to say about Rivers is this:

He was featured in my yearbook as being an icon of American culture. Now, the yearbook comittee was a bunch of snobby rich kids. So, that is what I think Weezer has become: True fans are gone, but the snobs seem to dig it.

-Matt
  2. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

The vibe I'm getting is that true fans have left (like me), snobs either love it or hate it (depending on who they're trying to impress), and the general radio listening public dig it nicely.

-Chris
  3. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Heh, I remember when the Buddy Holly video came on computers with the default media player. I always liked that...and being the computer it was on was so *darn* slow, it was the only thing that would play properly on the media player. So I would watch it over and over again....I wonder if the Happy Days fans were as happy as Muppet fans were. :)

-Matt
  4. Jackie

Jackie New Member

LOL you sound like the Muppet Central Forum advertiser! ;)
  5. Joseph

Joseph New Member

I guess i did there.
  6. SinsterLinizter

SinsterLinizter New Member

if you were a "true fan", you wouldn't have left in the first place. plus, id say about 75% of weezers existing fanbase has been there from the beginning, or as you put it, a "true fan".

also, are you hinting to me that i'm a snob?

it bothers me that you're stereotyping weezer fans like this.
  7. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

I guess that last post was directed at me.

No, I don't think you're a snob. I'm not going to put you in any category. Those were just general observations.

Anyway, I used to really love Weezer. So did bunches and bunches of my friends. Then the new stuff came out, and everyone ran for the hills. It's really sad to see a once great musical group come out of hiding and deliver a whole bunch of garbage. Not a single worthwhile song. The distortion and on-stage smoke used to be fun and sarcastic. Now they're really serious about it.

A "true fan" doesn't have to like every single song an artist puts out. You're not even listening to the music if you think that any given artists writes *only* good songs (note: that's a generality, don't jump on me for that...you get my point). Out of the hundreds of songs Rivers has claimed to write, am I supposed to believe that they're all amazing? The same goes for albums. Even massive Rolling Stones fans admit that there's a few of their albums that they could do without.

Sorry to go on and on about this. Their music really isn't worth discussing this much.

Here, this will sum it up if you want (caution to casual browsers...the editorial has a bit of profanity): http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/02-07/23.shtml

That's all. I'm glad that you enjoy Weezer's music because it makes you happy, and that's what music is all about. Not everyone in the world is going to like the same music, and that's the best part of all. Sorry if you thought I called you a snob. I really didn't.

Okay, rock on!

-Chris
  8. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

I also didn't mean to offend you Linsay. In fact since we live so close, I think we should party!!! :) Let me know if your interested (hehehe)

-Matt

PS - I don't party. :D
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

SinsterLinizter

Welcome to the board! Interesting perspectives on the video. I liked it, but my Muppet fan side thinks it could have been a little better. Good to see the Muppets and Weezer on MTV!
  10. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Any Muppets is good Muppets!
  11. SinsterLinizter

hey chris, im sorry... i overreacted a little bit. i can totally understand where people are coming from. rivers just writes totally different music now. i read that review, and they kind of make it look like the band (rivers especially) is selling out. rivers added a guitar solo to a crazytown song out of generosity, as to they needed it added. he SAYS he wants to do some rap-rock, but from what ive heard of what he calls "rap-rock" is more similar to the blue album songs with a little bit more rhyming. its actually kind of cool.

no, i don't like EVERY weezer song. i actually can't even bare to listen to the song "o lisa" and of course i have constructive critiscm about many, many weezer songs. im actually very young... and out of all of my friends, im the only one that can admit to hating a song by his/her favorite band (let me note that most of their favorite bands include linkin park, sum 41, puddle of mudd, etc.) which is part of the reason i avoid my friends, recently anyway. ive only put up a tolerance for music opinions so much, that sometimes its hard to be around people that are ignorant.

wow, i expected to get such a negative response. its the exact opposite! im very prone to all the idiots backlashing at me on the weezer board.

one last thing... i guess i got mad because you said "rivers = loser". i didn't stop to think you weren't saying it personally, just musically. thats what ignited the fire. rivers is a really cool, interesting person that id be fond of even if it weren't for his music.

again, sorry for overreacting. none of you offended me ^_^

- Lindsay
  12. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

SinsterLinizter Lindsay!!!

THAT WAS ME!!!:D Zack!!!

Hi Lindsay! i remember you, I'm glad you popped in! Welcome to the board!!!

thanks for calling me a rad boardie!!!

see guys it was me then when over to the weezer... guys? hey guys? GUYS?!?! are you listening to me? oh, Lindsay, i tend to get trampled over her some times,but not over at the Weezer board, they made me feel like a king there! wocka wocka wocka!!! I'm just kidding guys!:)
  13. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

whoa, what? wait!

whao!wait a second?!?! what, what's going on here?
    is, is someone being mean to my new friend?! our new friend Lindsay!!

Lindsay? is someone being mean to you?i'm so sorry,i'll punch him in the nose, i'll, i'll, i'll!!!.... well before i do anything i think i'll read the 33 other posts with this message to see what happend because it looks like the problem's sloved now....;-)

no need to worry everyone, i sloved the problem, the problems sloved now, thanks to me...

i'm just kidding everyone;-)
  14. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Welcome, Lindsay!

I personally didn't know much about Weezer before this new single, but I think the video is fun, and the song itself sounds great.

See ya!

- Billy :cool:
  15. scott

scott New Member

Ah, yes, another Weezer-obsessed fan to join me. I started listening to weezer at age 7 if you could actually believe that.
  16. SinsterLinizter

i totally believe it. i started listening to the beatles at 6 and green day at 7.

hey zack!