A World of Darkness

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Kathryn, but you can call me Kitty, this is my first fan-fic, and first post and I'm not to good of a writer, I like when someone gives me pointers, or reminders of some sort about what I can do to improve my fic. I'm only 12 years old so please don't be to harsh, also, please comment what you think about my fic and if I should post more?
The beginning of the chapter is not so much about muppets, but about getting the know the characters, Enjoy!

Chapter one: I Miss You
The lights shown down on her face. The roaring crowd reaching out to her. She was having the best time ever, rockin' with her favourite band in the world; Electric Mayhem. She knew just about everything about them, and had listened to all their C.D's. She looked over her shoulder at the flimsy yet steardy bass player himself. He gave her a light nod and smiled at her, gesturing to play for the crowd, so she did.

She played electric guitar, her most favourite instument in the world. And her guitar was her best friend, she carried it everywhere, and she did not once get it dirty, smudged or lost it. She and her guitar we're like peanut to butter, corn to flakes, Zoot to his own saxaphone! Her guitar never left her side, and she always played it when she was down, frusterated, or even cheerful. Her amazing guitar solo was finally over, ending the song. The four boys in the group of six walked up to her and smiled.

"Hayley..." the trumpet player with shaggy hair said to her in a quiet voice.

"Hayley" the timid and blue sax player said the same thing.

"Hayley!" the bass player said louder.

"HAYLEY!" the keyboardist, i guess you can say, was practically screaming in her ear.

"HAYLEY! GET UP!" everyone shouted at her immediatly.
The room went pitch black, the only thing you could see was her standing with a blank expression on her face, with her guitar in her hands, she looked around the empty space.

"For crying out loud Hayley Parkers get up!" Hayley jumped up and fell to the ground, a loud thump awakened her completely.

"I'm up! I'm up! what's the emergency?"

"You missy are going to be late for school!" Her mother pointed a firm finger at Hayley. "Now get up off the floor, get dressed, do all your morning stuff and go to school! I will not stand to see my only daughter get imperfect grades and not become a docter or lawer that I want!"

"Mom! I said I wanted to be a musician" she walked over to her giant poster of the six band members of Electric Mayhem and admired it, "and have a chance to someday work with EM" she couldn't stop gazing at the leader of the group, the most amazing member there was, with his perfect smile, and his fluffy tangerine colored hair, he was perfe--

"You will not become a musician! that's final!" her mother stormed out of her room slamming the door closed.
Hayley looked a the door with a very angry look, her mother never supported her dream of being a musician, she just wants a perfect daughter, being a docter or lawer. alwasy getting a fair amount of money, never late for work, having a nice house of her own, never, never would that happen. Hayley garuanteed it.

Hayley was 17 years old, it was her last year of high school, she went to 'Toburn District High School' or as she called it: Perfect school for perfect kids crap school! She hated her life, she hated her mom, she would still have her dad; but he died in a car crash years ago, when Hayley was only wee, 7 years to be excact. Ever since the insadint, Hayley's mom wanted her to be a perfect child to "support your father and make him proud" as she would say. To be honest, her father always supported her choice of jammin' out on her mini guitar when she was 6. Her mother just scolded at the sight of it.

Hayley got dressed in a light purple tank top with black, torn up jeans, and pink sneakers with the laces all loose, she also had medium, dark brown, black hair with bangs that went over her left eye. Her eyes were an iris green, pretty as the morning dew on the grass on an early sunday morning in Spring. She grabbed her bag, and her black guitar case and walked out thr front door, making sure that her mom didn't see her, she didn't need another lecture saying what she can and cannot wear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At school that morning, she met up with her best friend, Kaytlin. They were best buds, they were alwasy there for eachother and always were together. Hayley loved Kaytlin as if she was her own sister, of course, she loved her guitar too. Kayltin had long red hair and wore a pretty blue top and black jeans. Kaytlin understood Hayley, how her mom never wanted her to be a musician, a docter or lawer would suit her far more superior, but Kaytlin always believed in Hayley and supported her fully. Kaytlin also played an instrument, but only in band, she never loved her flute as much as Hayley loved her guitar, but she did love playing; for a flute, boy did she know how to rock out while playing.

"Hayley!" yelled Kaytlin, she ran over to Hayley in a mear second and gave her bestest friend a small hug, "How was the morning?" She knew exactly how Hayley had to deal with her mother screeching at her everyday.

"Just like every other one of course" She had her head down and guitar in hand. Hayley was far more timid then most folks. Kaytlin on the other hand was very crazy, she loved to jump around and talk.

"Oh well, at least you're here now instead of that nightmare house!" she smiled at Hayley trying to lift her spirits. Of course she did, she did everyday and would keep continueing to until the end of time, "Come on, lets go to band" She grabbed Hayley's arm and dragged her to the doors of the school as Hayley tried to wriggle free from her clutches.

When they reached band, everyone else of course was there, ready to practise and rock out. Hayley knew that something would make her day brighter, maybe Electric Mayhem will, they always did make her feel warm inside, as if they were her brothers and sisters. Hayley took out her guitar and waited patientally for the music teacher to start talking, she tuned her guitar every morning and every night before she left and before she fell asleep. Kaytlin say next to Hayley, she took out her silver shining instrument and put it together, then waited while talking to the people around her.

"Quiet! Quiet please!" The teacher took his conducting stick and tapped the music stand. The music teacher's name was Dylan, Dylan rockier. So everyone called him Mr. Rockier, pronounced rock-ear. That was a perculiar name for a band teacher, because it had the name rock in it, and he teached rock. Hayley and Kaytlin were very fond of Dylan, they looked up to him like a best friend. "Today we will be composing some songs we can play at our concert! The spring concert is just around the corner and we still need to prepare a song!"

Everyone agreed that they should make a song, so they did, well, they tried to. Everyone's mind seemed to be out in space for some reason, only a couple poeple pitched in to help, but the music they wrote didn't sound all that nice...
After class Hayley spoke to Dylan

"I'll meet up with you after ok?"

"Gotcha" Kaytlin then left without asking what's it about.

"D-Dylan?" Hayley studdered when trying to get his attention.

"Yes Hayley is something on your mind?" Dylan was also just about her age, he helped out with the music teacher sometimes when she was away or when she was a little bit busy. He looked up to her while rustling through some papers of music sheets from the Wizard of Oz.

"I was wondering if I could stay and play a little music? becuase this is really the only room where I can play, you know, without anyone nagging at me or anything.

"Um, yea sure, you can get right started, stay as ong as you like, I just need to organize up the back and I'll be out!"
"
Thank you Dylan, you know, I think you as one of the people I can really trust and ask anything, and you wouldn't tell anyone"

"Oh really?" He stopped shuffling and looked at Hayley with his deep, brown eyes.

"Yea"

"Thanks Hayley, I might be your teacher, but you're a really good friend!"

"Ok, I'll get started now, thanks again" He didn't answer and simply started going through the papers again.

"Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly"

She started playing her guitar while singing,

"The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh

Na na na na na na na

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't

Oh
I hope you can hear me cause I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh

I had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by

Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go,
Somewhere you're not coming back

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same no..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same oh..."

she stopped playing her guitar and sang soflty

"Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you"
To Be Continued....

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
I think this is fairly good, my only pointer is you don't have to be so detailed in your description and to check your work before posting...:sing: More please! Oh, I'm Figgie btw! :smile:

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Er, I just spellchecked my chapter 2 on word and stuff, and I had alot... I really wish there was someway to edit the first chapter, if anyone knows how... please, let me know!

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
I think this is fairly good, my only pointer is you don't have to be so detailed in your description and to check your work before posting...:sing: More please! Oh, I'm Figgie btw! :smile:
Thanks alot Figgie! I only was so detailed in my description because this was my first post ever on this sight, so I thought I'de tell everyone who I am :sing: I'll make sure to check my next chapter before posting next time :embarrassed::oops: Thanks for the pointers!:smile:

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Chapter Two: The Portal of Weirdness
The light pink, orange haired bassist was looking at her straight in the eyes--eye, her bangs were covering up her left eye, and people could only see her right eye, green as a bright clover on a springtime morning. He was standing face to face with her; she could feel his light breathing on her neck. She glared back, except with a confused look on her face, was he real? Was this a dream? Was this reality? Then the bass player spoke.
"Help" He didn't have any emotion in his face, or his tone.
She tried to speak, but when she did, no sound came out, not even one little squeals.
"Help Hayley" He started to look as if he was in pai--
"HAYLEY GET UP NOW WE NEED TO HELP DYLAN!" She shot up like bullet coming from the firing of a gun, yet she was still asleep.
"What?" I... Why does Floyd need help? We don't.... I... can't"
"Hayley! Please get up!" She finally awoke to find her best friend, Kaytlin, aside her bed.
"How in the heck did you get in here?"
"Your mom let me in! But Hayley! Something's happened to Dylan!"
"My mo--- Dylan?"
"Yes! Our music teacher! I'll tell you on the way, just get up, NOW!" Hayley got up from her soft, feathery bed and began to get dressed...
"Kaytlin?"
"What!?" The tears in her eyes began to run down her cheeks, this must’ve been serious.
"Can you look away while I get dres--"
"We're in high school for goodness sake!"
"You're right, I'm sorry" Hayley then began to start getting dresses in a tight pink top and blue skinny jeans, she got completely dressed and looked at Kaytlin.
"Well, you ready?" Kaytlin asked her
"I just have to brush my hair and grab my guit--"
"Well hurry then!"
"She ran to her mirror and began brushing her hair
"You keep cutting me o--"
"Ok, that's good; now get your guitar and come!" Hayley reached beside her bed and picked up the black, heavy guitar case, with a wooden electric guitar inside. They rushed out of the house and made sure to shut the door before running off, Hayley had not seen her mom that morning, thank goodness. She tried patiently fixing half her hair that had not been brushed, to make it look decent at least.
Once they got to the area, Kaytlin looked around for the swirled mixture of lights that consisted of purple, pink and other vibrant colors.
"Why isn't it here!?" She ran around in circles looking desperately.
"What isn't here? you haven’t even told me what we're here for!"
"Ok, well I was making my way over to your house, to see if you're awake or not, and to see well, if you wanted to hang out, since your mom doesn't allow any type of phones in your house... and I saw this giant swirling thing of purple! And pink! And other colors!" she panted heavily while softly shouting at Hayley all the... simple, details. "Ok and I saw Dylan, so I stopped to see what he was doing, and he got carried away or something by this... this portal of weirdness!" Hayley gave Kaytlin a really dumbfounded look. "Honest!"
"You're probably seeing things, have you been eating to much skittles again? Do I need to recall what happened to the last time you had those skittles?"
"No Hayley! Honest to God!" Tears started plummeting from her eyes.
"Ok, Ok Kay, I believe you!" Hayley looked around the area "Well there is no ... portal of weirdness now, how did it appear?"
"I don't know! I just ran by and saw it there!"
"Well we have to rescue Dylan"
"We HAVE to?" She smirked at Hayley a bit.
"We should, I- I meant we should rescue him..." Hayley couldn't help feel her heart give a little jolt, maybe a ray of sunshine, just saying his name... A tear started coming from her eye, but her hair covered it up thank goodness, she hated crying, and she only did when it was a really sincere moment.
"We might not get him back Hayley"
"We will! I don't care what they say! We will get him back!" The tear began melting down her face; she could feel it run down her cheek.
"Ok Hayley, I'll make sure of it too, he is our friend, and we can't just betray him like that"
"Can we just sit and think for a second, of how to open the portal of weirdness that is?"
"Of course Hayley" They both sat on two rocks and began to think, Hayley got out her guitar and started to strum it, her guitar always soothed her down.
She began to strum faster, and louder, it got her really enthusiastic, she stood up and put her foot on the rock, while rocking out!
Kaytlin just looked up at her in awe

"It's the boy you never told I like you
It's the girl you let get away
It's the one you saw that day on the train
But you freaked out and walked away

It's the plane you wanna catch to Vegas
Things you swear you'll do before you die
It's the city of love that waits for you
But you're too scared to fly

Hit the lights, Let the music move you Lose yourself Tonight, Come alive Let the moment take you, Lose control Tonight Hit the lights, Let the music move you Lose yourself Tonight, Come alive Let the moment take you, Lose control Tonight
It's the time that you totally screwed up Still you're trying get it out your brain
It's the fight you had when you didn't make up
It's the past that you're dying to change
It's all the money the you're saving
While the good life passes by
It's all the dreams that never came true
Cause you're too scared to try

Hit the lights, Let the music move you Lose yourself Tonight Come alive Let the moment take you, Lose control Tonight Hit the lights, Let the music move you Lose yourself Tonight Come alive Let the moment take you, Lose control Tonight
It's a mad, mad world,
Gotta make an escape
It's a perfect world,
When you go all the way

Hit the lights, Let the music move you Lose yourself Tonight So let's go, go, go, go All the way, Yeah let's go, go, go Night and day From the floor, To the rafters People raise your glasses We could dance forever Hit the lights, Let the music move you Lose yourself tonight, Come alive Let the moment take you, Lose control tonight Hit the lights, Let the music move you Lose yourself tonight, Come alive Let the moment take you, Lose control tonight"

She began to go crazy, as if she were performing with Electric Mayhem.
"Hayley" But she didn’t listen
"Hayley look!" Hayley then stopped strumming and glared at Kaytlin.
"What! I was in the mood!"
"Wait, look right there, and strum your guitar as loud and hard as you can! You’ll see!"
Hayley seemed really confused and played her guitar as loud as she could.
There it stood
In the middle of the field
they looked with no emotion
the purple
the pink
the hippie colors
The Portal of Weirdness

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Awsoooooome!! :smile:Do you write these songs yourself, cause that is fantastic! I didn't find any errors in this chapter.+:wink:

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Awsoooooome!! :smile:Do you write these songs yourself, cause that is fantastic! I didn't find any errors in this chapter.+:wink:
Thank you! Sadly I dont write these songs, I just use songs that fit in with the chapter and put them in here, I wish I did though! This song was Hit the Lights by selena Gomez, the song in the last chapter was Slipped Away by Avril Lavigne. I'll update soon, I have the next chapter all ready, but I'll post it later :smile:

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Hooray Hooray for Updates! :smile:

Chapter 3: Finding Dylan ... Not Exactly
Hayley and Kaytlin stopped and stared at the portal. They had named it "The Portal of Weirdness", because it was weird, and it looked like a portal. It was swirling with purple, pink and other hippie's colors, the wind was powerful. The wind coming from the portal was really forceful, it felt like it was blowing them away but sucking them in at the same time, they must stand their ground to be able to even stand there without moving, which was practically impossible not to move with these strong forces.
"So, How will we get Dylan back here!?" Kaytlin had to shout to be able to even sound like a whisper. It was hard for Hayley to talk though, she was so quiet, and she hated shouting. She forced the strong words out of her mouth.
"I don't know! We could call in and see if he's there!" she giggled at the thought of what that must've sounded like, she thought to herself, "he, he, like that would work, Dylan are you there! Yes Hayley I'm right here! And him just walking out of the portal like nothing happened, like that would happen."
Sure enough, Kaytlin tried, she inched forward to the portal and screamed in,
"Dylan! Are you in there!?" She waited hoping for an answer.
Hayley to was hoping for the slight chance of him responding, just to say he's ok...
"Hayley! I'm going in after him!"
"What! Are you nuts!?" Hayley actually screamed so loud it sounded like someone screaming in front of her face to Kaytlin. With a big breath, Kaytlin soon enough jumped in to The Portal of Weirdness.
"Oh my god, that lunatic!" Hayley then grabbed her guitar case, and of course her guitar, and went in to save Kaytlin, and hopefully to save Dylan.
~~~~~~~~~~~
After traveling through time and space for awhile.
Thump!
Hayley landed right on top of Kaytlin, she got up after a millisecond though.
"Hayley..... Hayley why do you look like that?"
"Look like what?" Hayley then looked at her now, light blue felt hands. She began to worry, a lot, and she scanned the rest of herself, well her arms, legs and feet. The light blue felt covered her, and she was at least a foot smaller than usual. She now wore a floppy, light purple top and black jean, like what she had worn the day before. It's like the portal brought her back a day before, except with all the memory of that day. Kaytlin was now a purple color, and she wore a pink tight shirt with blue jeans.
Hayley screamed. And boy did she give a loud scream, she screamed for about two minutes until her guitar case revealed from the portal and knocked her upside the back of her head, knocking her out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She was in a black room, sitting in a chair, she stood up and walked around until hearing a familiar voice,
"Hayley" Said a screechy like voice, then out of the darkness came the thin, orange haired bass player in the band. Hayley thought to herself "Is this another dream again? If so, then why are they all about Floyd?"
"Hayley! Who are you?" the redhead was now standing in front of Hayley.
"I'm Hayley, you just said my name, so you obviously know who I am" she coughed a laugh and stood there looking at him.
"Who am I?" he spoke in return
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Like, who is she?"
"I dunno, but I think she's wakin' up man"
"Okay, everyone shhh! Give her some room!"
Hayley was coming conscious, she felt a bit dizzy and light headed, like she had just been hit on the back of the head with a mallet. She once again, shot up panting.
"Floyd!" she yelled, looking at the red, velvety couch she was lying on.
"I'm right here man"
Hayley looked at where the voice was coming from. It was him, Floyd Pepper.
"Ugh, when will these dreams end!"
"Be careful Hun, looks like you got competition! Hehehehehe" He snickered to himself while putting hid pink felted, red dressed arm around his blonde girlfriend.
"Oh, rully"
"Wait where am I?"
"Hi ho, you're in our house, as in the muppets house!"
"The muppets? Like Dr. Teeth?"
The keyboardist in the flesh, well, felt stood up and sat in front of the couch.
"Golden teeth, 'and golden tones, welcome to my presence!"
She was speechless, just being in his presence of course, made her heart skip a beat and made her stomach have butterflies. He was amazing, his fluffy orange hair and his perfect smile; he was just... amazing
she lost it and gave a little squeal. She then put both her hands over her mouth, looking very embarrassed, her face going red; she was trying so hard not to go to red, well purple maybe? She was blue now... the doctor just gave a little laugh and said,
"So, you a fan?"
She nodded ferociously as she gave a little "mhmmm!!!!!" He laughed again
"She looked around for the rest of the band, but the green skinned doctor never left her mind.
"Zoot?"
"Huh? What? Is she awake? Did she survive?"
"Yea man, she's right there, she looks like she's a little Zoot fan herself..." Floyd glared at Hayley "No?"
"Yea, I love him." she paused, and then realizing what she just said, she almost screamed "I mean I love his music!" Zoot looked at her through his black shades and smiled.
"Janice?"
"Fer sure, rully"
"Lips?"
He had a little shock, him being the newest member of the band and all; he though not many people would know him
"Hey"
Hayley smiled at the yellow, shaggy haired trumpet player.
"Animal?"
"ANIMAL! ANIMAL! WO-MAN! WO-MAN!" The red haired crazed drummer yelled
"Animal! Down!" Floyd was the only one who could keep Animal calm, or at least settled, for a second.
"Down"
"Sit!"
"sit"
"F-Floyd?" Hayley stuttered as she called for the bassist of the band.
"Here man"
"You've been in a lot of my dreams lately" Hayley told him, yes in front of everyone she just admitted that he'd been in her dreams.
"Oh really man? Why? What did I say?"
"I dunno, stuff like help, wake up, who are you? Who am I?"
"Hmm"
"WAIT! Where's Kaytlin!?"
The light purple girl stepped from the crowd and sat on the couch
"I thought you would never ask about me! Being with your favorite band and all! Oh yeah, here's your guitar Hayley" She handed the black, guitar shaped box to her. Hayley took it right away and put it in her lap.
"Like, Kayt over here said that you can like, play guitar rully good"
"Yea, I can play"
"How 'boutcha play sumthin' for us?" The doctor requested.
"Ok, but what?"
"Anything" Said Kermit, smiling at her sweetly. That's when she got the idea.

She started to strum her guitar and sing.

"Why are there so many songs about rainbows
and what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
and rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it.
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Who said that every wish would be heard
and answered when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that and someone believed it.
Look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us star gazing
and what do we think we might see?
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

All of us under its spell. We know that it's probably magic.

Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that called the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
The lovers, the dreamers and me."

Everyone cheered.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Ah ha! Like ruuully cool girl!:flirt: I like how you added the Rainbow connection, it added some sweetness to the story!:smile: So does Hayley like Dylan?:confused: Jus' a thought. Very well done! More?:halo: