A World of Darkness

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Thank you! Yea, I wasn't going to add Rainbow Connection, but I had no idea what song to put in ... Err,it's kinda hard to explain... and I don't wanna spoil stuff that might happen later in the story :wink: I'll post up more in a sec :smile:

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Chapter 4: Mission- Make some Mayhem Happen!
The electric guitarist strummed her guitar lightly, and sang softly:
"If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a, bed of roses
Sink me in the river, at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

Uh oh, uh oh

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors, oh well
Life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby

The sharp knife of a short life, well
I've had just enough time

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn

And I'll be wearing white, when I come into your kingdom
I'm as green as the ring on my little cold finger,
I've never known the lovin' of a man
But it sure felt nice when he was holdin' my hand,
There's a boy here in town, says he'll love me forever,
Who would have thought forever could be severed by

The sharp knife of a short life, well,

So put on your best boys and I'll wear my pearls
What I never did is done

A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell 'em for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singin'
Funny when you're dead how people start listenin'

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn

Uh oh
The ballad of a dove
Go with peace and love
Gather up your tears; keep 'em in your pocket
Save 'em for a time when you're really gonna need 'em, oh

So put on your best boys and I'll wear my pearls"

"Like, wow Hayley that was like, rully good" Said a blonde haired band member.
"Thanks Janice!" Janice and Hayley were like best friends now, and hung out whenever Hayley wasn't with Kaytlin. Kaytlin was off talking to some other muppets.
"So are you gunna like, go and find that boy today?" Janice asked while sitting on a big pile of pillows on her bed.
"Dylan? Yea I think so, Kaytlin and I are going soon" She looked at the round yellow, pink and purple clock; it was 1:47.
"Rully, rully"
"So, are we going now?" A light, cheerful voice popped in the room, it was Kaytlin. She smiled at Hayley.
"Yea, Janice do you want to come with us?"
"Nah, I'll like, stay here and make sure the band keeps organized, rully" She laughed a bit.
"If you say so" The light blue muppet stood up and brushed dust off her black, torn up jeans. She grabbed her guitar and headed out the door
"Kermit, we're going to go and find Dylan!" Then Kaytlin closed the door and caught up with Hayley.
"Do you really think that we're going to find him? We don't know how big this world... dimension thing is, and he could be anywhere Hayley"
A green felt, shaggy, black haired muppet raised his head. He sat in a dark alley where he could continue to be confused. The muppet recognized the name Hayley.
"I know Kaytlin, but we have to find him" The green muppet stood up and ran out of the alley, over to them, his black sneakers hitting the ground with every step. He ran up and hugged them from behind
"AHH, RAPIST!" Kaytlin screamed while Hayley screamed thief. A familiar voice spoke from behind them
"I'm so happy to see you guys!" Hayley and Kaytlin looked at each other and smiled big, like the Cheshire cat.
"DYLAN!" They both turned around quickly and hugged him back. Hayley's face went red-- err, purple I guess, maybe a blueish red? Dylan on the other hand, his face went a pink color, greenish pink? Hayley's face didn't stay that color for long, maybe for a split second and went back normal, but he stayed for awhile.
"So how'd you get here?" Dylan asked
"We rode on a magical flying lion that talks, we meant to go to Pigfarts but ended up coming here" Kaytlin sighed and looked up at Dylan who was giving her a confused look, and then he laughed, a lot. Kaytlin joined in and soon so did Hayley,
"Same way you did dumbo" Hayley told Dylan while giving him a light punch.
"So... why'd you go into the portal?"
"Well, the bright colors memorized me and I flew in"
"Oh, ok, now why'd you really?"
Dylan snickered and said the truth "It appeared out of no where, I just happened to be standing there and it pulled me in"
"Hmm, interesting" Kaytlin said, in a Sherlock Holmes like voice
"Not really" Dylan snapped back
"Anyways, let’s head back to the house"
"The house, you guys moved in to this town?"
"No, some of the muppets offered to share their house until we leave, hopefully soon"
"Ok"
They started heading back to the house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kermit!" Kaytlin yelled as soon as they walked in the door
"Come on Dylan, I'll show you where my room is" Hayley grabbed his hand and led him to Electric Mayhem's room
"There was only one more spot in this room, so they let me stay here" They walked in the room and saw all the members just sitting there. Zoot was sleeping with his sax, Floyd and Janice were sitting together, Lips was sitting beside Zoot, Animal was in his cardboard box chewing on something, It was in his mouth so she couldn't tell; Dr. Teeth was just sitting down, looking around.
"I... I was just... I thought you guys had a gig?"
"Like yea but they like, called and like, told us that like--"
"They called and told us they got another band to play..."
Everyone in the band hung there head, Floyd put his arm around the blonde lead guitarist and lifted his head "They said we are childish and shouldn't be a band"
"Oh my- I... I'm sorry, they are just stupid, they probably never listened to you guys, I know so many people who love your music, they all look up to you, you guys are actually why I want to become a musician..."
They all lifted their heads, except for Zoot, he was still asleep. Their spirits were raised and they knew she was right. "Well this is my friend Dylan, he's my music teacher, and my friend" Hayley looked at the black haired guy standing next to her and smiled sweetly.
"Come on Dylan, lets go, I want to show you something" Hayley grabbed his hand and dragged him out.
"She's a nice kid" Said the yellow, shaggy haired trumpet player
"Rully" Replied Janice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey Kermit, can I ask you something?" Hayley walked up to Kermit and Kaytlin, they both looked at her and Dylan.
"Hey Hayley, what do ya want?" The green frog asked
"You know how the band got turned down?"
"They did? Why?"
"The place's owner said they found another band, and called them childish"
"Childish? Ha, yah right, how old's Zoot again?" Hayley scowled and rolled her eyes,
"Well I was wondering if we could do something that would make them feel better"
"Like what?"
"Well, I was thinking we could make the theatre all decorated with bright lights and stuff, and put on a concert, we could invite lots of people and--"
"But wouldn't that take lots of time and work?"
"Well if the whole gang helped out, we could get it done by..." Shy looked at the clock that just happened to be right there on the wall, it was now 4:04 "We could get it done by 7, some could be working on the stage, others could be handing out fliers and stuff to people"
"Sound like a good idea, but how will we all leave without them knowing?"
"That part I haven't thought of, they would get a tad suspicious when everyone is gone..."
"Hayley, Dylan and I could distract them while you guys go and work on it, and some people could leave for the stage first, and some people stay here. Then when the stage is done, the rest can go and find people to come" Suggested Kaytlin.
"Ok, you guys go and distract them somehow, I'll spread the news around, leave it to me" Kermit gave a big smile and strutted out of the room.
"Ok, let’s go and, well, distract!"
The three of them walked into the band's room
"Hey peoples!" Shouted Kaytlin
The band wasn't there. But where could they possibly be? Hayley ran back down to the first floor, "Kermit!"
"Hi, ho! Hayley, I got the first team for the stage, we were just about to leave"
"But the band’s gone!"
Kermit gulped, "But where could they be? They got rejected remember!"
"I don't know! But you can't go unless we know where they are..." Hayley panicked
"Maybe they're at the theatre, did they leave a note? They usually do..." Hayley ran up to their room and searched the mess. She did find a piece of paper, it said: We're out at the van if you're reading this.
"Are you serious? I just panicked for nothing" She ran back down to Kermit, Kaytlin and Dylan.
"I found a piece of scrap paper that said they're out in their van"
"Ok, go distract them... in the van" The green frog slipped away from the group and faced he large crowd of dogs and bears and chickens and whatever, "Okay troops! Let's head to the theatre! Got the supplies?" Varies yes’ and nods came from the crowd. They marched out the front doors of the two story building.
The three friends went out to the van and knocked on the door. Dr. Teeth came and opened the colored van doors,
"Can we give you our services?
"Yea, we were looking for you, why are you out in the van? Also, why didn't you tell anyone anyways?"
The orange haired, pinkish purplish bass player stepped from the inside to the front,
"Because--" The doctor got cut off
"Because we didn't want to be bothered"
Hayley gave a hurt look; Dylan looked at her then looked at Floyd with an angry face,
"Hey buster, no need to be so mean, if you wanted some privacy with you and your so called band--"
"Dylan! Knock it off! Hayley screamed at him. She looked at Floyd, then looked at Dr. Teeth, "Sorry for interrupting, we'll leave" She turned and grabbed Dylan's hand and left, knocking him on the head with her other hand
Kaytlin looked at them leave, quickly looked at Floyd and said, "Sorry" Then she ran off to catch up to her two friends.
"Hey man! what was that!?" Dr. Teeth scolded Floyd, "You deserve a head knocking too!" Then hit him on the head.
~~~~~~~~~
It was two hours later and Kermit and the gang showed up back at the house,
"We finally got the stage done, the rest of them can go and invite people... wait, why aren't you guys with Electric Mayhem?"
"They said they were in the van because they didn't want to be interrupted" Kaytlin said while looking at Hayley.
"Oh, well I'll get the other muppets to go and invite people, and then we can bring them to the stage."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was time to get Electric Mayhem to the theatre, the stage was ready, the audience was there, it was 6:40, and they just had to get the band to the theatre.
There was a knocking on the van's door again.
"Band! Open up vous... disgusting... van! 'Tis moi!" The sweet voice yelled from the outside as she wiped her hand on her light pink, lacey dress.
"What do you want bacon bits? Hehehehehe..." the bassist, Floyd Pepper, opened the van door looking at the pink, blonde haired pig.
"My Kermie has asked moi, to ask vous to meet us at the theatre! He said that everyone will be there, he also told moi there was a surprise pour vous!" A stern look crept upon her face, "So don't be late, got it?"
"Err, we'll be there pig, so hold your horses" he calmly walked back into the bus.
"Mission accomplished" The pig walked towards the theatre, where the frog of her dreams was waiting for her!

We Got Us

Reaction score
First of all: >>hugs<< (and I am NOT a rapist :wink:) for starting this story. Oh, how much you make me realize I was not as talented as I thought when I was your age...you have a wonderfully smooth style. Haley and Kaytlin are believable (is she based off of you?) >>hugs for writing (or being) an obsessed Dr. Teeth lover<< He just doesn't get enough, you know it? I get the sneaking suspicion there's a fan-crush involved somewhere....but, no judgment here....>hugs and kisses Scooter doll< Like Figgie said, edit carefully, especially for punctuation, make sure the whole thing reads smoothly, and keep the plot nice and clean. I'm honestly kinda a fan of putting people in their own stories (call me insane)...so long as they aren't doing it to smooch Scooter....:mad:...I'm getting weird here. All I'm saying is, your off to a neat start and I think the idea is original and cute, enjoy your first fic!

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
First of all: >>hugs<< (and I am NOT a rapist :wink:) for starting this story. Oh, how much you make me realize I was not as talented as I thought when I was your age...you have a wonderfully smooth style. Haley and Kaytlin are believable (is she based off of you?) >>hugs for writing (or being) an obsessed Dr. Teeth lover<< He just doesn't get enough, you know it? I get the sneaking suspicion there's a fan-crush involved somewhere....but, no judgment here....>hugs and kisses Scooter doll< Like Figgie said, edit carefully, especially for punctuation, make sure the whole thing reads smoothly, and keep the plot nice and clean. I'm honestly kinda a fan of putting people in their own stories (call me insane)...so long as they aren't doing it to smooch Scooter....:mad:...I'm getting weird here. All I'm saying is, your off to a neat start and I think the idea is original and cute, enjoy your first fic!
Thank you so much! Hayley wasn't really based off of me, but Kaytlin was based off of my best friend Caitlin :smile: I'll make sure to check the puncuation more, thanks for the pointer! Yea, I'm a Dr. Teeth fan :big_grin: but he's not my favourite... >Looks over at giant Floyd poster< Err... ANYWAYS! I'm actually not much of a writer, I'm more of an artist! My friend Caitlin is the writer, she's the same age as me but she's AMAZING... I love writing fan-fics about muppets, but I'm bad at writing... then I started reading other fics and found out what I needed to do to become a better writer, so I did, I thought my fic was good so I posted this and I'm glad I did... Sorry for saying my (sortof) life story :oops: I tend to do that sometimes.. :embarrassed:

We Got Us

Reaction score
LOL! So do I dear, so do I. You and Caitlin sound pretty tight...kinda like me and Figge....>winks up at Figgie< And hey, you are NOT bad at writing. Practice makes perfect so keep it up! I can't wait to see where the story is going. It's got a lot of heart and a healthy fan-craze to it. Bravo!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
>winks back at Wiggie< Everyone has their own style, and it gives a new perspective to the world of writing. No worries, you grow from these experiences. Listen to me, I'm starting to sound like an old wise woman! *waves cane and hubbles off*:jim:

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
LOL! So do I dear, so do I. You and Caitlin sound pretty tight...kinda like me and Figge....>winks up at Figgie< And hey, you are NOT bad at writing. Practice makes perfect so keep it up! I can't wait to see where the story is going. It's got a lot of heart and a healthy fan-craze to it. Bravo!
Yea, me and Caitlin are, we're Bffls... And thank you! The next chapter is (hopefully) going to be pretty...um... whats the word... shocking? uh, I don't know the word I'm looking for... Thank you! I am only young so I have alot of years to practice... The next chapter should be up by tonight! If not then tomorrow for sure!

We Got Us

Reaction score
>winks back at Wiggie< Everyone has their own style, and it gives a new perspective to the world of writing. No worries, you grow from these experiences. Listen to me, I'm starting to sound like an old wise woman! *waves cane and hubbles off*:jim:
You and Lisa. Old before your time. Sad really. :wink: >hugs Scooter doll tight and waits for shocking chapter<<

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
It might be awhile untill I update because I have my unit test in science on Tuesday... So I'll try to post another chapter before wednesday or so. :smile: