Ack!

Beauregard

Reaction score
TA, don't get an audio version of teh book (well, you can if you want, lol), but I would HIGHLY recomend you track down a CD version of the Radio Series. It is the best version of HHGTTG that there is.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats everyone! It's been fun planning the wedding, it keeps me going when things aren't great at work. It's a little better today, so I'm not quite as down! So, I'd say today I'm:
Relaxed - got a good night's sleep
Hungry - it's almost lunchtime
Cheerful - having a pretty good day

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hi redBoobergurl. I just thought I'd pass on a couple of things. You had mentioned before about your job being stressful at times and how you sometimes take it out on those closest to you, the ones you love the most. right? (in this case, your fiance).
I was engaged before and it fell through. There were a lot of reasons it wasn't working out between us, but two things that existed were she had a lot of stress and frustration with her job (as many do, including myself), and took it out on me a lot, by her own admission,as I was the one she loved the most. But it was hard to take sometimes even if I understood it. But I'm a highly sensitive person. Also, I am really a nobody anyway and hardly someone to give advice to. It's just that since what you said reminded me of my own situation I thought I'd pass that on, just in case such a thing might tend to affect other guys more than they let on (they say guys aren't usually as open about expressing their feelings and emotions as females).
But it sounds like everything is going great, and every couple has a tiff once in a while anyway. For my fiance and me, as much as we loved each other and did have a lot of great times together, we were just fighting way too much and it ended up concerning us that if we got married that maybe we would actually be more miserable than happy. But it was one of the hardest losses in my life.
Again, I am very sensitive and also have many other social and relational problems that I'm sure most guys would not. Just thought I'd pass on my own experience in that area. Most likely it's not even a factor in your relationship, though.
And again, may God bless the two of you.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey Ziffel, it's no problem at all, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me! :smile: I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out when you were engaged. And believe me, sometimes I do take things out on my fiance, but we always talk about it. I'm blessed in the fact that he is very understanding and would rather have me vent my frustrations then keep them all bottled up inside. He usually ends up pressuring me to talk more than I would otherwise! But, I do try to step back and make sure that I'm not doing it too much, otherwise I'm sure he'd get tired of it. And things with work haven't been as bad lately which helps. I'm basically trying to stick out in this position through the wedding and then I'll be moving on to something else. Although, if something else comes along sooner, then that will be great. Anyway, I'll stop rambling, but wanted you to know that I don't mind you sharing your thoughts, advice can be a good thing!

Hope everyone else is feeling good today, because I feel pretty good today!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
TA, don't get an audio version of teh book (well, you can if you want, lol), but I would HIGHLY recomend you track down a CD version of the Radio Series. It is the best version of HHGTTG that there is.
Any idea which stores would have a copy of it? Or would I need to buy it as a bootleg version? I know Borders has the Tertiary Phase re-gathering, but I don't think they have the original.

To Ziffel: You're certainly not a nobody here. You're really a great guy. I understand what you mean, as I too am quite sensitive.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Actually...no. I'll take a peak around for you. Tertiary phase is not very good.

It's the first and second series you have to hear.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Glad to hear the job situation is going better for you, redBoobergurl. And that you have other prospects you can opt for after the wedding. I hope to find another job in the future too, since I now live in a house almost an hour away and am thus spending a ridiculous amount of money in driving costs. And all that traffic and red lights really tax the energy level too! :smile:

And thank you, That Announcer, more than words can say.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oy, who said Ziffel is a nobody? No way, man, that's a lie. Don't tell yourself that! The key is positive self-talk. I've read alot of those kind of books, you know. :wink:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thank you, Mrs. Pepper. However, reality is what it is. And by the way, I am the ultimate thread killer hands down! (At least that's something I can claim to be the best at though, right? HAHAHAHA! :smile: ).

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I'll agree with that - the orginal and the best. However, I don't think that the Tertiary phase is all that bad. The next new series (the Quandry Phase) has also just been released and I believe that the Quintessential Phase is also available...

http://www.bbcshop.com/icat/101