Acronyms...HELP!

Nick

Reaction score
I am a pretty positive and drama free person... I guess some of that drama went away when I hit the 5th aniversary of turning 29!

Although I do feel like I am 19 again, being a sophomore in college, vice president of my fraternity and hangin with a bunch of kids lol!

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
I'd been wondering about some of those acronyms too. that dictionary sure does help! Props to D'Snowth for starting it! And thanks to everyone else too for keeping it going! I shall be lost no more! but then again, i lost my mind quite some time ago :wink:

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and i just had to check out that SWAEHB thread you guys mentioned earlier. made me laugh like crazy! funny stuff, you guys(and gals) :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ooh! I too had not seen the entry of the Four Horsemen! Thanks for pointing it out. *strides upon horse*

dabauckham

Reaction score
hi all

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say that I'm also a new member, so having some clarification on all the acronyms is also useful for me.

Everyone here seems very friendly and knowledgable. It's definitely a great thing to have this forum for fans! I suppose I'm more of a casual fan compared to some of the extremely knowledgeable people on this site, but it takes all sorts, no?

I guess I don't have any specific acronym questions at the moment, just wanted to say hello (I'm a teacher and actually have a snow day, so it's easy to get to a computer right now! :sing:

Beauregard

Reaction score
dabauckham said:
I suppose I'm more of a casual fan compared to some of the extremely knowledgeable people on this site, but it takes all sorts, no?
To me, that is the great thing about this site and it's amazing members. When I joined, I knew that I liked the Muppets, and I liked Beauregard but couldn't spell his name. Now I could tell you the exact wording on a poster for bacon seen for .45 of a second on Miss Piggy's fridge in the dark universe, and even suspect that there is a Miss Mousy fridge magnet holding it up.

Anyways...because so many of the members here are knowledgeable and encouraging, there's a great atmosphere. I love it! *trails off into a self-congratulatory ramble*

dabauckham

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
To me, that is the great thing about this site and it's amazing members. When I joined, I knew that I liked the Muppets, and I liked Beauregard but couldn't spell his name. Now I could tell you the exact wording on a poster for bacon seen for .45 of a second on Miss Piggy's fridge in the dark universe, and even suspect that there is a Miss Mousy fridge magnet holding it up.
Any forum threads in particular that you recommend exploring/starting with?

Thanks,

David

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to MC... The "New Members" thread in the Friends & Family section is a good start... You might also want to head on over to the FanFiction & FanAr section where you can read up on crazy tomes of fans' own creation, though there's a bit of a reading list since most titles have branched out into sequels. Also, the MC Dictionary thread is a must for new members. The Games section is good, just find the first post with the rules and read through a few pages, not all though, to get the feel of how play goes on in each different game. Other than that, find a section that centers around your tastes and see what's being discussed before jumping in with questions or comments. Just a few friendly tips and have fun here on the forums.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, Count! I appreciate it.

-David

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oooo! New people! Hi! *waves frantically and jumps up and down* Here, haves some wooden duck toys, watch out, they bite.

(Most of us here are a weird bunch of people)