Adventures in HomeMade Figurines!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I've started working on a Kermit figurine. I'm just hoping to maybe get some feedback on it, Positive or negtive ya know? I'm using the simplest thing I know to make.

Kermit singing the rainbow connection. The one where he's sitting on the log, banjo strumming, that thing! :big_grin: So I'll post my progress from time to time.

First progress here:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3325/picture0065yo.jpg

Thanks ahead for feedback! Like a said before, be Brutal!!

:halo:: BRUTAL! BRUTAL!!

[Edit'd] I think I put this into the wrong thread. I'm not sure if this should go here or into "Non-Muppet". This is a Kermit Figurine...so I'm not sure!! If this is wrong, I'm sorry.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
What are you making it out of? Polymer Clay...air dry clay? Just curious....looks good so far!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The picture is awfully blurry, I can't see it very well.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Polymer clay. Fimo classic to be exact. Was just wandering around my college's bookstore, and a few blocks of the stuff caught my eye. Kermit-colored Green, and some blues and browns. It just screamed at me, in Kermit's voice no less:

"I'm TRAPPED in these blocks of clay! RELEASE ME!!" :stick_out_tongue:

Not really, but, I've just been itching to make something like this for awhile now. The fact that this figurine is only 3 1/2 inches tall dosn't help for the camera either. XD That's why those pictures are so fuzzy. That and it's also not a hugely-great camera either. I'll put a couple more pictures down. Now I just gotta find some white for his eyes. XD

2nd picture: He has arms now.
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2395/picture0122hk.jpg

3rd picture: He has better defined arms and I've placed the approiately sized ball for his head. It's just a sphere, but the possiblites!
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4442/picture0120nd.jpg

A note, if anyone cared...I've also made it so I can do interchangeable heads too! I'm tempted, if I can figure out how to get the heads done right, and in differnet positions, I might do a claymation of him singing part of "The Rainbow Connection". =D But that's a ways aways.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Looking Good........I use Polymer clay a lot....it is so much fun!!!!! Keep us posted!

MWoO

Reaction score
The pics are way to blurry to see anything and they are way too big. Back up and learn how to rezise your pictures. Until then, there is no real way to give feed back since it's so blurry.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
MWoO said:
The pics are way to blurry to see anything and they are way too big. Back up and learn how to rezise your pictures. Until then, there is no real way to give feed back since it's so blurry.
Yeah, thanks. I've been trying how to figure out how to resize the pictures without losing what little quality I have with them. But thanks. I will repost once I figure out how to get that figured out.

I'm working with a really cheap digital camera. XD Blame it on that. But yeah, I've formed the head, (had to watch MTM a few times to get good looks at Kermit's face while speaking.) I've still got to create the log and the lake around him. But, thanks MWoO. =D

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MWoO said:
I'm terribly sorry, but I have to agree, I can hardly see a thing in any of the pictures, but I can tell that you're making a Kermit figure. I'm sure you're doing a good job though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Applaud the fact that you're working on a project like this of any kind in the first place.

BTW: You are aware of the PVC figurine of TMM Kermit with banjo and log and lake made by Palisades Toys? That's the one they then enlargened to make the Rainbow Connection action figure.
Hope this helps and have a good day.