AIM Screennames

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Heh, yeah I figured that. Interesting story with the cellos...I'd be interested in hearing a cello rendition of a Metallica song, being I'm familiar with so much of their stupid stuff. I must say though, they do know how to play their instraments, and many of their music is really good. Its the lyrics and singing that just kill it, at least for me. Hammitt can move the strings pretty well in my opinion. :smile:

-Matt

grail

Reaction score
i have to admit, i own a couple of their later things. they've kinda...grown up musically over the past few years, though you saw it starting with whatever the album was that had "Enter Sandman" on it. there's a reason that song ranks up there with songs by Clapton, or Nirvana as "things you're likely to hear being played in a guitar store". it's like their "Stairway to Heaven".

man, i just know i'm gonna hear about it for saying that...

in all honesty though, their "Strings and Metallica" cd is really surprisingly good. very well orchestrated AND executed

too bad Lars is such a [expletive deleted].

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I guess "Enter Sandman" is their Stairway mainly because it is one of their better known songs with good instramentals. I mean, I personally think that if anything should be it, it would be "For Whom the Bell Tolls" off "Rid the Lightning." I think that CD is one of their better ones...they kind of went in a slope. "Kill Em All" was horrible, but then they got better and better, peaking off at "Master of Puppets." Then Load, Reload, Garage...and into the vast realm of sadness. I thought S & M wasn't half bad from what I heard, also. Btw, "Enter Sandman" was on "The Black Album."

Lars is a really huge nerd basically. I will never understand how he got in a band with a redneck idiot like James Hetfield. But whatever. JAMES NEEDS BEEEEEER!

-Matt

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Turkey Basters, muffins & bed...

Sounds like a new CBS comedy that'll last a week.

solo409

Reaction score
Turkey muffins in bed with a baster what?!
I probably am not paying attention, but that one flew totaly over my head...

---Nate

Corky-poo

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Lars is a really huge nerd basically. I will never understand how he got in a band with a redneck idiot like James Hetfield. But whatever. JAMES NEEDS BEEEEEER!
Awww, how come you don't like James?

*holds rubber chicken sideways in confusion*

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL, okay Sunshine, I like his guitar work okay, but have you ever heard him speak? I mean, he's a bag of hammers! Also, you know about the whole walking into the fire thing right? That should answer your question right there.

*grabs chicken, straightens it into a dart, throws at Metallica poster*

Oooooh! FUEL!! :big_grin:

-Matt

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
*grabs chicken, straightens it into a dart, throws at Metallica poster*

Oooooh! FUEL!! :big_grin:

-Matt
Nascar's theme song "Give me fuel give me fire give me that which I desire"!

Yeah, they have become the whiniest fools on the planet though.
Waaaah, NAPSTER! They're still rich! And even though the symphony was OK, come on, the SYMPHONY!

They bought right into the Yuppie invasion in S.F. in the late 90's.
Whatever!
Give me, Give me, Give me a break!

*grabs cheerleading pom poms and cheers on the darting*

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL, yes! I couldn't believe you were defending any of them in your last post!

*gets ready to throw another dart*

wait wait...Matt will not throw another dart until I see a full cheerlear outfit on Sunshine!! Make with the bloomers baby!! :big_grin: LoL

-Matt

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Muppet pics

Okay guys here is a question about this forum for you:
Bare with me because it may be explained somewhere and I have missed it. I noticed that some of you "cool cats" have muppet pics by your names. Most of you are members, so is this a member thing, and us new guys have to wait until we have graduated to Member status, or is there a way for me to stick a pic up? I think it looks neat and is creative.