ALF's Hit Talk Show Debuts

McFraggle

Reaction score
Scooters Girl said:
Who does the voice of Alf :confused:
You mean Alf's not real. :eek:

But seriously, the IMDB says this:

Paul Fusco .... Gordon 'ALF' Shumway (voice) (uncredited)
Mihaly 'Michu' Meszaros .... Gordon 'ALF' Shumway (1986) (uncredited)
Abraham Verduzco Gordon 'ALF' Shumway (uncredited)

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
You mean Alf's not real. :eek:

But seriously, the IMDB says this:

Paul Fusco .... Gordon 'ALF' Shumway (voice) (uncredited)
Mihaly 'Michu' Meszaros .... Gordon 'ALF' Shumway (1986) (uncredited)
Abraham Verduzco Gordon 'ALF' Shumway (uncredited)
As far as I know, Paul Fusco (the creator of ALF) is the voice and puppeteer for the character. I don't know who those other people are, but my best guess would be that they are people who were inside of the full-body ALF costume when full-body shots were needed.

I thought the ALF talk show was pretty good, but I think if they turned it into a regular series they would need to sharpen the writing a bit to set it apart from all the other similar talk shows. There needs to be more about it that makes it a uniquely "ALF" show besides just having ALF host it. I remember that when they were first proposing this series, the idea was that ALF would be interviewing people who (in real life) claimed to have all sorts of paranormal experiences--abductees and the like. I wonder what ever happened to that idea?

Iokitek

Reaction score
DVD's

So when are the DVD's coming out exactly? And is it going to be the whole show? Or just some highlights?

Luke

Reaction score
The 4 Disc DVD box set will come out on August 10th. It contains all of the episodes from Season One, an unaired Pilot and the first seasons gag reel. Amazon have it on pre-order for about $27

Iokitek

Reaction score
Thanks Luke!

That's a fair price. I'm concidering it...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I did notice that nowadays his "laugh" sounds more like he's yelling "aaaahH!" When's the second show supposed to air?

Luke

Reaction score
The second show depends on the pilot being commisioned into a series.

Yeah the DVD is good value - 26 season one episodes plus the 1 unaired pilot. That's only a dollar an episode !

Iokitek

Reaction score
Alf talkshow

Yeah that's really really cheap.

Anyway I saw the talk show last night. Downloaded it. I thought it was ok. It needs a lot of work though if they want to continue with it. I didn't find it enjoyable enough to faithfully watch every episode if it becomes an ongoing thing. It was ok but I didn't exactly roll across the floor from laughing.

I think it got canceled though. According to some people I know, TV Guide didn't mention a 2nd episode. Too bad because I do think it had potential if they were given a chance to tweak the show some more.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Most shows start out slow until the niche is gathered and incorporated into the show. Alf seemed a little unsure about things, but I think given the chance it could be successful.