Am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
1. Well I'm a big fan of retro and nostalgia so I tend to like old cartoons.

2. I agree, the stuff is the '70s...yeah...I don't get it...lol

3. I don't think it was the worst, but I thought it was too serious and wasn't that successful.
I love old cartoons, but the good ONES. Ones that had actual plots and jokes. Like the Fliechers did with Popeye, Superman (and I am not a Superman fan) and Betty Boop. I HATE the ones that are "Look at how flashy and colorful and sound synched our cartoons are. The ones with dancing trees and stuff. No. Hate that stuff. But if your'e talking Looney Tunes and stuff like that, those were some of the greatest cartoons ever...

Hong Kong Phooey was the only really good show HB came up with in the 70's. A lot of the Scooby Doo stuff was good too (the "movies" especially) but Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan? That really bad Tom and Jerry...? No thanks. No thanks.

Actually, I don't think Poca whatever was the worst, but it was pretty brutal. It was way too preachy and so historically inaccurate, I'm surprised Neil Armstrong didn't land the spaceship and rescue John Smith with the help of Abraham Lincon and leonardo DiVinci. not that I expect accuracy, mind you... but some actual jokes wouldn't have hurt.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually, I don't think Poca whatever was the worst, but it was pretty brutal. It was way too preachy and so historically inaccurate, I'm surprised Neil Armstrong didn't land the spaceship and rescue John Smith with the help of Abraham Lincon and leonardo DiVinci. not that I expect accuracy, mind you... but some actual jokes wouldn't have hurt.
I agree, I also thought it was way too politically correct. It felt like the Caucasion people in the movie were all greedy and evil, while all the Native Americans are great. You know, people are people. They are both good and bad; they all have flaws. To stereotype any group, for bad or good, is wrong.

Yeah they seemed to be purposefully avoiding jokes there, lol. And it was I think the first time the comic relief characters (the animals in this case) didn't have a song. I know they couldn't talk, but there was no moment for light hearted humor.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Apparently, because I don't know what the heck you're talking about!
2. Oh, is THAT why anime is popular among girls?
3. I always hated Codename: Kids Next Door. Billy and Mandy were pretty good back in the days when they were a part of the Grim and Evil show, but now they're just annoying (and have REALLY overstayed their welcome in my opinion). In fact, anything new Cartoon Network from 2003+ is CRAP!
4. I'm a little unbiased about that one.
5. I'm not sure what you're talking about; every cartoonist has his or her own unique style that may have been strongly enfluenced by someone else's work.
6. Um, I haven't seen too many 30s cartoons.
7. I always hated Scooby Doo. *Shrug*
8. I think those two Brother Bear movies were worse.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hate Andy Milanokous? Dude! I Dispise him! He's just a fat 30 year old man who looks and sounds like a little boy. nothing funny about that. I love that guy! Hilarity at it's finest!

Now...

Am I the only one...

* Who knows what Doraemon/ Anpanman/ Kochikame/ Kinnikuman are? Yes you are.
* Who HATES Prince of Tennis and the whole idea of watching terrible animes cuz girls think the guys are attractive Who? No, you're not.
* Who loves KND and Billy and Mandy, but hates all the other new crap they pooped out? I like Billy and Mandy so no you are not. Yes you are because I take a liking to My Jim Partner is a Monkey.
* Who thinks that Duck Dodgers hipped up looney Tunes enough that we didn't need dog diarehha like Loonatics Unleashed No you are not.
* Who thinks American cartoons should LOOK like American cartoons, though borrowing influences is fine No, you're are not. But I think that they should look like other things, too.
* Who hates the 1930's sound and color test cartoons like "jack Frost" I don't think I've seen it before, but yes you are.
* Who thinks Hanna Barbera, while a great studio, made horrible stuff in the 70's? No you are not. I hate Scooby Doo, too.
* who thinks Pocahauntus was the worst film ever made by Disney? It sure was one of them. But I can't think of any others that we're right now. so no you're not.

Drtooth

Reaction score
* Who knows what Doraemon/ Anpanman/ Kochikame/ Kinnikuman are? Yes you are.
Well, the only one in the US who isn't of Asian decent...

Doraemon
Kochikame
Anpanman
Kinnikuman

I hate liking stuff that's not popular in the states (but popular pretty much all over the rest of the world). But does that mean I have the great pleasure in not having to watch Pokemon? you betcher boots buddy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh well, I guess this really offers a visual aid of just how much I despise anime.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I hate liking stuff that's not popular in the states (but popular pretty much all over the rest of the world). But does that mean I have the great pleasure in not having to watch Pokemon? you betcher boots buddy.
Are you sure you hate it? Cause you seem to love showing it off to everybody on the forum! :wink:
(Just joking mate. I hope that doesn't come across as snarky!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
No... I'm trying to promote it. Maybe...

These are some pretty good ones... Anpanman is for preschoolers though... It comes across like carebears, only better written.

I just hate Pokemon and the ones they dubbed for kids until companies decided they can make their own b&^&%^rdizations of the stuff... I'm talking to you "magination"

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Am I the only one...
  • Who knows what Doraemon/ Anpanman/ Kochikame/ Kinnikuman are?
  • Who HATES Prince of Tennis and the whole idea of watching terrible animes cuz girls think the guys are attractive
  • Who loves KND and Billy and Mandy, but hates all the other new crap they pooped out?
  • Who thinks that Duck Dodgers hipped up looney Tunes enough that we didn't need dog diarehha like Loonatics Unleashed
  • Who thinks American cartoons should LOOK like American cartoons, though borrowing influences is fine
  • Who hates the 1930's sound and color test cartoons like "jack Frost"
  • Who thinks Hanna Barbera, while a great studio, made horrible stuff in the 70's?
  • who thinks Pocahauntus was the worst film ever made by Disney?
1. Yes You are
2. I dont know what you are talking about
3. I HATE KND. Billy and mandy I can tolerate, but I dont like the show. And I cant stand any of this new crap thats on cartoon network
4. I have only seen Loonatics once, and I didnt even understand the point of it.
5. Yeah, american cartoons should look american. And I dont know what you mean my borrowing influences
6. Again, I'm lost
7. I dont know, I want alive in the 70s :halo:
8. Well...I dont think its the worst, but its not a better one.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KinnikumanI hate liking stuff that's not popular in the states (but popular pretty much all over the rest of the world). But does that mean I have the great pleasure in not having to watch Pokemon? you betcher boots buddy.
I think it's cool that you like stuff not popular here. And you lucky that you never have to tolerate Pokemon. Me, I just don't one way or the other.:stick_out_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.