American Idol

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate American Idol, but I'll just agree with Rosie and Tony Danza (who said the same thing, but since no one watched the Tony Danza show, no one took notice). Just get to the bloody competition already! I do not find bad singers being heckeld to a nasty extent funny at all. Just do the hopes and dreams bit, and not "Hey! Fat girl trying to sing! How FUNNY! Look how fat and out of tune, and how not like a model she looks!" or "Hey! Funny Foreign guy who's singing is hampered by his thick accent! Let's make fun of him! No! Better! Let's give him a career JUST to make fun of him! Loser! Go back to some country you're not from!"

I mean, I am sick of this Tweenybopper Pop music obsessed culture, but meet everyone else half way! Just do the competition part, not the auditions. They are useless and not funny at all.

Teheheman

Reaction score
That's not why I like American Idol. It's the fact that people think they can sing and they just can't. The fact that some of these people KNOW they can't sing, go there JUST to be on TV is the stuff I don't understand. Fat people can sing(look at Ruben, and Mandisa) so it's not looks oriented, it's "Look at these schmucks who think they can sing and argue with the people when they say they suck" The fact that America makes fun of those who don't "fit the mold" is sickening, BUT I think sometimes, people need to learn to laugh at themselves. Look at what William Hung has done, he's made a career out of his really bad audition, same with the 2 friends that were on earlier this year. It's all about getting your 15 minutes.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Rueben Stddard and the other one were the only exceptions. I recall hearing that Simon blasted quite a few people for being fat. And now I hear he's blasting people for being ugly. Sure, I know some are just wacky idiots who are in on the joke (like Hung, and some other guy whose name I can't remember), but a lot of them come out crying after pointless criticism of their looks in addition to their not pop music quality singing.

I mean, I do get the Napoleon Dynamite style humor of ugly nerdy looking guys who don't realize how dorky they are. But this entire "Bully culture" we have where people take others down to make themselves feel better... like that "star Wars kid" thing? Appauling.