"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
yea I'm wondering the same thing...actully I'm wondering if this is still even going to happen at this point...:mad:
I sure wish I knew. Based on the fact we haven't heard anything about this since it was first announced, I'm going to say it don't look good. But who knows? Its not so frustrating that there hasn't been much as far as big new muppet projects. The fact that Disney came in and promised the world only to disappoint us with all the cancelled projects is what really stinks. I've been one of those who supported Disney and had high hopes. But if this keeps up, I'm going to join the ranks of disgruntled fans. Does anyone know anything else about this project?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
I sure wish I knew. Based on the fact we haven't heard anything about this since it was first announced, I'm going to say it don't look good. But who knows? Its not so frustrating that there hasn't been much as far as big new muppet projects. The fact that Disney came in and promised the world only to disappoint us with all the cancelled projects is what really stinks. I've been one of those who supported Disney and had high hopes. But if this keeps up, I'm going to join the ranks of disgruntled fans. Does anyone know anything else about this project?
same here I was actully suprised of all the stuff they had planed and I thought they had been doing a good job.....I'm sorry to say this but Michael Eisener may have been bad for Disney but He sure seemed to care about the muppets more than anyone else sure did.
:frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've heard via the grapevine that America's Next Muppet is still in development.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I've heard via the grapevine that America's Next Muppet is still in development.
Thank you so much. So there is at least still hope. I appreciate that. Thank you.

D

Dil

I don't have to make ideas just on the fan fiction section.

Here's the part of the first episode of this new Muppet show:

KERMIT: "OK, what's next for today?"

(Harry the Hipster from Sam & Friends appears.)

HARRY: "What can I do fer you?"

KERMIT: "I'm waiting for another contestant."

HARRY: "Hey, Kermit ol' pal! it's been about 20 years since I saw you. How can I interest you a song?"

KERMIT: "I'd love to hear your song, Harry."

HARRY: "Ha-ha! You'll love this one, I will sing this song by Diana Ross.

KERMIT: "OK. Let's hear it."

HARRY: "OK! Hit it!"

("You Can't Hurry Love" by Diana Ross plays, then Harry then sings it.)

What do you think?
Perhaps the performers would decide, if Harry the Hipster would be the winner.

butterflymist

Reaction score
I would like to see the muppets in todays programming-period. Hey Mr. President you want diversity? Here it is at its best. A bear, a frog, a pig, and a whatever as best friends. They are funny, educational, and downright good fun. I hope the new show sticks. BRING IT ON!