"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I haven't seen MWoO, but those are the reviews I keep hearing, making me think I'll never see it. But the Muppets were going that way before Disney came along. I just don't think new projects are worth it if that's what's coming out. They should be concentrating on giving the old stuff more exposure.

I mean, trying so hard to be hip and modern doesn't work. It's better to be yourself.

Robin

Reaction score
treborgahkor said:
Not for nothing, but I think the reason for the fall of Muppets on T.V. is because of the Muppets Wizard of Oz. I am a parent of young children and I was really upset a the implications made in the show and I was also upset to see the racial stereotyping and "untyping" that was used. Because of that, I refused to let my kids see it and my wife and I screened it and said that there was no way that this was for kids in any way shape or form!!
I think you may be """WAY!!!!""" to over protective!!!! But I agree that the Muppets have lost the wholesome flavor! The Muppets were originally created to entertain adults anyway... but, they still had a special life lesson for every age and were a bit more moral... Bottom line... Muppets are really for kids 8 and up... an Street is for kids 2-6... thats my opinion.. 7 year olds get nothing!!!!!! LOL!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Robin said:
I think you may be """WAY!!!!""" to over protective!!!! But I agree that the Muppets have lost the wholesome flavor! The Muppets were originally created to entertain adults anyway... but, they still had a special life lesson for every age and were a bit more moral... Bottom line... Muppets are really for kids 8 and up... an Street is for kids 2-6... thats my opinion.. 7 year olds get nothing!!!!!! LOL!!!
I screened it after reading reveiws here...and I wouldn't let the kids in my household (brothers and sisters) under seven see it...that was mainly on the fact that Kermit gets ripped up though.

Robin

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I screened it after reading reveiws here...and I wouldn't let the kids in my household (brothers and sisters) under seven see it...that was mainly on the fact that Kermit gets ripped up though.
Uncle Kermit wasn't ripped up silly pantz!!! He was just acting!!! Besides that was a stunt double!!!! I know... I was there!:smile:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
MWoO was great
BTW Kimp... nice Icon with Cookie, HAHAHA!!! :excited: :smile: one of my buddys on myspace (a friend i work with) sent that to me on my myspace! funny! :stick_out_tongue:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
how bad WERE the ratings for mwoo?

BJ
i dont see WHY EVERY one here on MC sems to put MWoO down, i mean it was ok NOT the best Muppet movie but i did enjoy it and bought the dvd lastyear when it came out. When Chis Curton (the guy that use to run the Muppets for Disney b4 this NEW Disney CEO kicked him out) sayed the Tv ratings was Good... Not bad and NOT great.... Just Good! :smirk:

beaker

Reaction score
Muppet OZ was literally, literally the WORST and most excruciating toi watch Mu ppet production ever. And Im talking even worse than the 1993 era Muppet Classic Fairytale series. I definately wouldnt be showing kids Muppet Oz, as it's nothing but pure garbage. There is no "Muppety" moments in their and it was all ill concieved. The last time there was any real hope for the Muppets was 2002, and before that 1998.

As cool as the temporary JHC buyback was of the Muppets in 2003, the Hensons selling off the Muppets to the Mouse was the final nail in the coffin.

I wonder what the Hensons think of the Muppet future now? The Muppets had outgrown them in a sense, because they belong to the world...not just some backroom fire sale to the biggest corporate wh*** on the planet.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
beaker said:
{snip}...I wonder what the Hensons think of the Muppet future now?
Jane, Heather and Cheryl Henson have stated that their one desire is for the Muppets to live on. This is very important to them.

And it's kind of obvious that this isn't happening at all with the Disney sale under the leadership of Bob Eiger. So I would imagine that privately the Henson family is disappointed with Disney's lack of action.

If the Henson family had kept the Muppets they sold to Disney, I'm sure they would have come up with something much more marketable then anything Disney has done.

It would have been wise if the Henson family's lawyers had worked a contract with Disney at the time that if they (Disney) failed to develop programing or projects with the Muppets with in a set period of time, the Henson family would have the legal right to void the agreement.

Interesting side note: I read sometime back that the entertainment lawyers that represented the Henson family in making the deal... now work for Disney.