"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think it is NBC that's last. ABC's actually doing well, but that's for the first time in awhile.

BEAR

Reaction score
Robin said:
ah?... huh..huh... He said "Pickle Weed"... huh.. huh huh...thats like awesome!!!:sing:

Okie dokie!

Teheheman

Reaction score
NBC was last for a while, but thanks to America's Got Talent, Deal or No Deal, My Name is Earl, the Office, the 15 L&O's, etc. they have moved into the top 3-4ish. CBS I believe is 2nd and Fox is 3rd. Either that, or I could be dreaming this. I'll have to look it up.

Daniel

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Thank you! I appreciate you saying this because I'm getting a bit annoyed by it myself. I'd like to see the Muppets live on just as much as everyone else, but some of these folks have been way too harsh. Complaints when the Muppets have not done anything and then when they do come out with a new project, it gets ripped apart instead of being appreciated for the effort. It seems Disney can't ever do anything right. They are always to blame for everything. Not just with the Muppets but with a lot of things. The criticism has not always been very constructive or supportive from what I've seen.
Hey... I'm all for new things. I know that Jim's gone, Frank's retired, etc, etc.., but I'm not one who complains about the new stuff at all. I liked the Muppets Wizard of Oz, but I think that the Christmas TV flick with the long name they did was one of the funniest thing they did in a long, long time. Bring on the new stuff! People who complain about them - don't call yourselves Muppet fans.

It just bugs me that a souless company like Disney has hollowed out any plans for anything of tangiable value - by that I mean film/TV. I couldn't give a rats behind about cruise shows or pizza commercials.

King Prawn

Reaction score
I really liked IAVMMCM. Even though its not one of the best movies I like they they actually got so close and it was very enjoyable, you could see the effort put into it. MWOO on the other hand was terrible, now I'm as big a Muppet fan as anyone else so to say I'm not becuase I don't like MWOO is foolish but the truth is that the Muppet lost it when the headed to Oz.

Marky

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
I really liked IAVMMCM. Even though its not one of the best movies I like they they actually got so close and it was very enjoyable, you could see the effort put into it. MWOO on the other hand was terrible, now I'm as big a Muppet fan as anyone else so to say I'm not becuase I don't like MWOO is foolish but the truth is that the Muppet lost it when the headed to Oz.
That proves (not just) my Disney-killed-The-Muppets theory. NBC made IAVMMCM Which IMO is superior to OZ. It's as good as Muppets from Space. because while it doesn't have as much heart, it makes up for it by being funnier.

Maybe Disney will just let the Muppets continue to gather dust. Then, hopefullly, sell them to someone else like... say... NBC?

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Marky said:
Maybe Disney will just let the Muppets continue to gather dust. Then, hopefullly, sell them to someone else like... say... NBC?
As far as I know, I have never heard of Disney selling something they owned once they got their hands on it.

If some company was able to buy the Muppets, I was thinking today of the M&M/Mars Corporation. What a wonderful job they have done at promoting the M&M candies with their wacky CGI characters and the tremendous amount of M&M character merchandise available. A company that's puts so much effort into marketing M&M characters is certainly doing something right.
Check out this link as to some of the M&M merchandise that's available.
http://www.mymms.com/merchandise/

I wonder what it would be like if M&M/Mars owed the Muppets or Disney gave them that kind of attention.

BEAR

Reaction score
Marky said:
Hey... I'm all for new things. I know that Jim's gone, Frank's retired, etc, etc.., but I'm not one who complains about the new stuff at all. I liked the Muppets Wizard of Oz, but I think that the Christmas TV flick with the long name they did was one of the funniest thing they did in a long, long time. Bring on the new stuff! People who complain about them - don't call yourselves Muppet fans.

It just bugs me that a souless company like Disney has hollowed out any plans for anything of tangiable value - by that I mean film/TV. I couldn't give a rats behind about cruise shows or pizza commercials.
You resemble the subject of my arguement.

You have contradicted yourself.