Amy, Jason, Miss Piggy, and Kermit's Interview with moviefone.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of watching this--hilarious! Parts of it actually made me blush! :embarrassed:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I swear Eric Jacobson is a pure master. I've come to see him as more Frank Oz than Oz...there's always complaints about the torch of characters being passed on, but my goodness...Jacobson, JH would be proud.
I agree with this so very much. People always make a fuss about the Muppeteers who've taken over, but I think the second generation of Muppeteers are doing great. Steve's Kermit definitely isn't Jim's Kermit, but I also grew up with Steve doing Kermit so I have absolutely no qualms with him. And both Eric and David have done a fabulous job taking over Oz's characters. I made a comment the other day about how I felt somewhat sacreligious because I think I like David's Cookie Monster better than Frank's. And Eric's just hilarious and wonderful. Gaaaah, I'm just filled with such happiness when watching this interview!

beaker

Reaction score
I agree with this so very much. People always make a fuss about the Muppeteers who've taken over, but I think the second generation of Muppeteers are doing great. Steve's Kermit definitely isn't Jim's Kermit, but I also grew up with Steve doing Kermit so I have absolutely no qualms with him. And both Eric and David have done a fabulous job taking over Oz's characters. I made a comment the other day about how I felt somewhat sacreligious because I think I like David's Cookie Monster better than Frank's. And Eric's just hilarious and wonderful. Gaaaah, I'm just filled with such happiness when watching this interview!
I think a decade ago, even less, some of the Muppet fill-ins were a bit awkward and needed work. Statler and Waldorf, Scooter, etc didn't quite sound right. Now? Statler and Waldorf(after seeing a good 5 minutes of them on ESPN) are perfect. Scooter as of Bo-Rhapsody=perfect. Rowlf=perfect now. I can't even wrap my head around Eric's Piggy, Animal and Fozzie. These guys are so on top of their game it's not even funny. To people who think nothing can replace the original performers, I wonder if they've even seen the new material.

I grew up on Jim Henson and Oz performing the signature characters in the early through late 1980's, and admittedly Whitmire's Kermit for me was a bit of a transition. But by the latter 90's I "got it". I consider Whitmire's Kermit a natural evolution of the character. He's become more comfortable and "zen" in his skin. Some people might consider him too low key, but I just think he's found his zen.

My only complaint now are some of the puppet builds. I sadly feel Fozzie looks way off with the fur/build they're using(he looks more like a plush version), and Gonzo's eyes and symmetry still feel off in the last year. Also while Im still a couple days away from the film, Im concerned it looks a bit fantastical compared to the much more realistic original three films.

I'm surprised Behemoth(not sure they're still calling him that) has been given his biggest spotlight since Muppets Tonight. Thog as well, who seems to be all over the new film. I love the "we built this city clean up" scene with Beauregard and Scooter
having a brief exchange. Director Bobbins quipped in a new interview how they intentionally wanted to put a lot of "easter eggs" and references for the hardcore fans.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
This interview was wonderful and had me cracking up the whole time, totally wish we saw more interviews like these.

zoebell

Reaction score
i thought this was hilarious as well. i love all the naughty talk between kermit and piggy ("why didn't i get a personal videotape?" "you already have some...")

but this is not new, henson and oz did stuff like this with them in the 70s. has anybody seen the tape of them on that show parkinson?

that's what awesome about the muppets, they can do adult jokes just as well as kids stuff. i love it.

zoebell

Reaction score
oh, and supposedly there's this interview kermit and piggy did in '88 on good morning america that was supposed to be HILARIOUS. joan lunden was talking to them about valentine's day and it gets into all kinds of bedroom talk and the crew starts cracking up. i've been dying to find it, i wonder if anyone knows how to track it down. it sounded hysterical