An Animated Sesame Street series

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Growing up I used to wonder a lot about an Animated Saturday Morning Sesame Street Cartoon. I got the idea for this when I used to watch Animated Fraggle Rock in the late 80's, and sometimes Muppet Babies. I always thought it would be cool seeing the full bodied Muppets as they appear in Story Books. It would give a chance to see them do more than they usually do. Also it would be a good oppurtunity to let the charachters interact that never interact on the show cause theyr'e voiced by the same Muppeteer. Bert and Grover, Herry and The Count, Telly and Snuffy etc,. Has anyone ever thought about this and wondered if it would be a good idea.?

dedeldedel

Reaction score
Animated SS

BooberFraggless said:
Growing up I used to wonder a lot about an Animated Saturday Morning Sesame Street Cartoon. I got the idea for this when I used to watch Animated Fraggle Rock in the late 80's, and sometimes Muppet Babies. I always thought it would be cool seeing the full bodied Muppets as they appear in Story Books. It would give a chance to see them do more than they usually do. Also it would be a good oppurtunity to let the charachters interact that never interact on the show cause theyr'e voiced by the same Muppeteer. Bert and Grover, Herry and The Count, Telly and Snuffy etc,. Has anyone ever thought about this and wondered if it would be a good idea.?
They have already somewhat started this in the segment called "Elmo's World". Once in a while they show SS characters on "Elmo's T.V." part of his show. (or at least they did on the most recent anniversary show.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I often think about an animated Sesame Street show. It would be cool. If it were done in the 1980s and 1990s, then Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, and Grover could have appeared on the street more often than they did on the show.

I wonder kind of format an animated Sesame Street would have. Would it be a straight forward street story, a street story with short sketches interrupting the show, or two or more stories in each episode (like on Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Rugrats, and many other shows)?

Big Bird was animated in an animated Sesame Street segment called The Nobel Ostrich.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I thought there was talk about this using Ernie and Bert?

I also used to wish they would start a sit-com series styled show with nothing but Muppets and SS People for the whole 30 minute weekly program in different situations, not necessarily TEACHING us anything, and maybe even making fun of themselves by, like walking down the street whistling the ABC's or, instead of talking to themselves, they just stand around counting...

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would love to see one. I would tape every episode they would ever do. Bring a cartoon Sesame Street show.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I thought there was talk about this using Ernie and Bert?
Don't you mean, Bert and Ernie? (hee-hee)

I can't find the original post, but yeah, there was some rumor (or article?) about a claymation type of show featuring *those two*.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i can think of a worse thing , the animated versions of the puppets , have none of the life, or humor, that the real ones do, i wouldrather Sesam street got back to the old format, and maybe got some better writing.

BEAR

Reaction score
This reminds me of something interesting Jerry Juhl once said regarding Rowlf. He said that Rowlf would have been more of a star on The Muppet Show had he been able to interact more with Kermit and Piggy. This wasn't possible however because Rowlf and Kermit are both played by Jim Henson, of course. Good to know though, huh? Rowlf had star potential!:sympathy:

Rosewood

Reaction score
Rowlf, the Forgotten

BEAR said:
This reminds me of something interesting Jerry Juhl once said regarding Rowlf. He said that Rowlf would have been more of a star on The Muppet Show had he been able to interact more with Kermit and Piggy. This wasn't possible however because Rowlf and Kermit are both played by Jim Henson, of course. Good to know though, huh? Rowlf had star potential!:sympathy:
I didn't know this untill I watched the SS biography, but Rowlf and Kermit were both used, together, to help launch SS in its first episode. My question is, if they were both used for this, why did Kermit go on with the show, but Rowlf didn't?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Of course, Rowlf did regularly interact with Miss Piggy. They appeared together in veterinarians Hospital, and Rowlf often played the piano while Miss Piggy sang in her own numbers (or numbers she shared with the guets star).

I wonder if Jim Henson had ever considered having Rowlf be the host of The Muppet Show, instead of Wally, Nigel, or kermit.