An End-of-the-Year Idea

Would you be interested in this idea?

• Total voters

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think it could work, but it would need to be something that would have to be promoted a bit first. However, there is quite a bit of time before the end of the year, so there's ample time to refine the idea.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was thinking this was going to be soon...I was connecting "End of year" with the end of last year...oops :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Just don't expect full support from the forum, but I would love to help any way I could. We would need to get a kind of group together that would like to work on it together, and then figure out the categories and then voting rules.
If done right there are a lot of little things that need to be done for the big picture.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Since the Academy Awards are known as "Oscars", TV awards are "Emmys", Musical awards are "Grammys", Broadway musicals have "Tonys", etc., how about nicknaming these MC awards "Hensons", in honor of Jim Henson, who helped bring the Muppets into existence? :jim:

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I like this idea. Like some of you, I wasn't around for the MC awards, so it would be fun to participate in this.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know I mean I love that the newer members want to get involved with doing something. The problem is I just don't want people to get burned out of MC so quickly, and then never show up here again. We should start with something small first, an awards show,game or something small to kind of see who is who, what kind of talents,skills people have, and go from there.
It's kind of like reintroducing ourselves with each other, and seeing what we all can bring to the table.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The real problem isn't people getting burned out quickly, it's that old members don't want to do anything. Think about how poor the reception was of Casey's video on christmas. Practically no one sent anything in. If old people don't want to participate, then it's still not "reintroducing ourselves." Awards shows certainly aren't small either

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Is that such a bad thing? We know we're not as close-knit of a community as it used to be, (which is something we have to work on, but that's another story).

I guess we're the new generation of MC. The older members aren't coming back for things like this and barely ever will. We should do things with the community we have now! It'll be great to have some of those members back, but some of them aren't coming back.

We should do this idea, why not? And I'm willing to help if we decide to get this together, it sounds like it'll be fun.

(I was gonna send something in for Casey's video btw. My internet kept crashing before it uploaded to my email. You don't exactly get quick technical support on Christmas Eve. :stick_out_tongue:)

Hubert

Reaction score
I think that a lot of Casey's video's problem was that a video is a bit more, well, advanced for some computer challenged members. (My problem was that I just didn't have the energy to film a video at the moment :stick_out_tongue:)

Though I have been wondering as of late what we can do to try to bring the community together a bit more, old and new. Engaging stuff that might attract a variety of people, even if it's something small. We can still be a close-knit community if we work at it, I think.