An idea for a "Planet Hollywood" styled Muppet theme restaruant

Beauregard

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
They are great ideas but would'nt the skin creams, shampoos, face packs suit to be a product marketed by miss piggy, she is the one with he mirror in her hand quite alot!

:smile:
I think that Janice would be a better skin care model!!!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I think that Janice would be a better skin care model!!!
You are probably right but I just thought miss piggy was more vain for that kind of thing. She is a very vain character.

:smile: :mad:

Beauregard

Reaction score
True, true, but she wouldn't give a very good impresion!!! Also I think that Jancie needs something new. SO why not scin cream?

I had a great idea the other day. So if we want to have film clips, right, we won't want to have them all belting out their sound over everything else, right, so we could have headphone speakers, that people but on their heads when they want to hear what the puppet's are saying in the cilps. And in the background of the room can just be Muppet Music.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
True, true, but she wouldn't give a very good impresion!!! Also I think that Jancie needs something new. SO why not scin cream?

I had a great idea the other day. So if we want to have film clips, right, we won't want to have them all belting out their sound over everything else, right, so we could have headphone speakers, that people but on their heads when they want to hear what the puppet's are saying in the cilps. And in the background of the room can just be Muppet Music.
Subtitles would be helpful too, for the deaf and anyone who is too lazy to listen.

Beau, did you change your avatar? who is that avatar of?

:wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You wouldn't want to do the headphones thing because they require wires and that would get in the way of eating, you'd have to have a place to store them at the tables, and then it totally knocks out the family experience thing because you single yourself out to hear only the movie (no communication).

Outside, Muppet topiaries line the wall, there's a huge sign that has the restaurant logo on it, there is a crashed SwineTrek on the roof with lights and smoke, there are murals of Muppets and posters of Muppet movies around the walls. The exterior looks a little like a movie theater, or at best The Muppet Theater.

I see a Muppet-themed menu like has been mentioned, the tables are clear tops with pictures of Muppets and Muppeteers from over the years (including Sam and Friends, Wilkins/Wontkins, etc), The chairs are all different styles. There are Muppets on display behind glass, there are larger props and other memorabilia around the top of the room and hanging from the roof which is painted like a sky, and an animatronic Gonzo holds baloons and floats over the guests every hour (he goes right over the tables down the center and goes over the props around the ceiling). There are TV's around and speakers everywhere, and when a song is being pumped through the sound systems there is psychedelic things on the screen (like the end of MFS), but then a 'music video' plays on the screens, which are songs (at least sketches) from various Muppet productions.

There's a window by the regular kitchen's door that you can see an animatronic Chef preparing food, with the occasional chicken popping out of a pot on the stove, talking veggies in the fridge which opens suddenly by itself, talking cakes in the ovens, penguins walk through. It's a large window that can be seen from every seat in the house, and has a blind over it upon which a spotlight shines about the time it's going to play its little show. There are 4 different shows and happens an hour apart from one another. This would last maybe 5 minutes if that much.

There is a stage that looks like the Muppet Theater with the Box Seats...like at MuppetVision 3-D, just a smaller scale. It is also animatronic and there is a Cabaret styled Muppet Show that takes place, the EM Band in the background of the stage, the action of Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rizzo, Camilla, Scooter, Pepe, Clifford, Penguins, etc happens in the foreground. This would happen every 2 hours, and it is timed to perform 4 or 5 different shows which last 15-20 minutes.

The sound system pumps through the Chef and Muppet Show instead of the regular line up of songs/videos. While Gonzo flies overhead you hear him say things like, "It's so COOL up here! Hey, down there! Chew your food! Clean your plate! That looks good! How are you?"

That's what I think.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
You wouldn't want to do the headphones thing because they require wires and that would get in the way of eating, you'd have to have a place to store them at the tables, and then it totally knocks out the family experience thing because you single yourself out to hear only the movie (no communication).

That wasn't quite what I meant, but I think that subtitles are the best sulotion.

You put a lot of work into that description. It is great. think it would be the most famouse cafe in the world!!!

Yes, I have changed my avator. It is Baby Beau. I made it like Jamie did the others at christmas.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That is a a fantastic idea, maybe someday all this can come true, a dream of most of the muppet central members I am sure, we could even make it better! If we all were really rich it could all be possible.

:smile: :excited:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
I love this idea! Now... if only we could get some rich big wig to build it so we could enjoy it! :flirt:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
I love this idea! Now... if only we could get some rich big wig to build it so we could enjoy it! :flirt:
Someone send it to Disney and they can put it in Walt Disney World!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
Big Wig? That woman you made in your avatar has one, don't know if she's rich or not...