An Idea: The Granddaddy of all Exclusives!

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
Here you go, Ken. Put all the exclusive ugliness behind us & make it up to the TRUE Muppet fans: if MuppetFest II does indeed happen this year, promise that you will be there WITH a very special exclusive.... or exclusives, as it were.

Make the biggest, baddest exclusive a die-hard Muppet fan could ever want: a 3-pack of THE LEPRECHAUN BROTHERS: Animal, Beaker & Swedish Chef!!! That exclusive would knock EVERYONE'S socks off (if they're wearing any). I myself would forgive all the other exclusives that I wasn't able to get if I knew Palisades was going to do something to reward those who make the sojourn to MuppetFest (as hard as it may be)!!

I can see all three of them now in their little outfits with removable hats, a microphone for each of them, etc. It would be simply...*sniff*...a thing of beauty!!

So, what says everyone else??

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I might say great idea...if I knew what they were. Remember, I don't have all the shows so I am not totally up on every single one.

matleo

Reaction score
The Leprechaun Brothers is one of the funniest pieces the Muppets have ever done. It's one of the UK spots so it's a little hard to find. Anyway, it's basically Animal, Chef, and Beaker in cream-colored turtlenecks and bright green berets singing "Oh Danny Boy" except it's sung by...Chef, BEaker, and Animal so it's basically the most beautiful and tender Irish ballad known to man sung by these three incoherent Muppets. eEven if you don't do these as figures, you should find this piece and see it because it is hilarious!!!!

--Matt

dlphntat

Reaction score
How 'bout an exclusive Jim Henson figure?
could come with a small Kermit puppet that fits over his hand (or interchangable arms with a Kermit already on one?

kane31666

Reaction score
That is the best idea for an exclusive! If Palisades can do a Muppetfest exclusive, that's the perfect one!

The Leprachaun Brothers is a great idea too, but a three pack might be hard to do as a show exclusive I think most Muppet fans would appreciate a figure of the Muppet god, Henson, assuming it gets approved.

dlphntat

Reaction score
Kane,
Thanks.
I just know I'd love to have that figure.

BTW, I think I have a clip somewhere on my computer of them singing "Danny Boy"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ken,

Just sent you a note about the Leprechaun Brothers... let me know if you didn't receive it with the e-mail troubles.

radionate

Reaction score
Actually aside from the Danny Boy Figures (Which is an awsome idea). How cool would it be if Palisades could do all the Muppeteers that have been recreated as Muppets (Wasn't there a Frank and Jerry puppet as well). The Jim Henson Muppet would be the most viable option though, but I doubt it would happen as it would involve a compleatly new sculpt, where something like the "Danny Boys" would only involve re-tooling. A person can dream though!

GWGumby

Reaction score
SNL inspired?

I've never seen the Leprechaun Brothers, but it sounds amazingly similar to the old SNL spots with Tarzan, Tonto, and Frankenstein (Kevin Nealon, Jon Lovitz, & Phil Hartman) singing Holiday Greetings. Obviously the SNL sketch came years after the Muppet Show, which makes me wonder if the one inspired the other?

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
Ken- I don't know what Phil sent you, but the "Muppets Inside" CD-rom is an EXCELLENT source of Leprechaun Brothers visuals. You should really check it out.

As for the whole Henson idea- I think Ken has said before that they have already said no to that idea, but I could be wrong...