An Idea: The Granddaddy of all Exclusives!

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
What episode is the Leprachaun brothers on? Is it on one of the currently released DVD's? I'm laughing hysterically, just thinking of the three singing together like that. I so want to see that.

Markus

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptCrouton
What episode is the Leprachaun brothers on? Is it on one of the currently released DVD's? I'm laughing hysterically, just thinking of the three singing together like that. I so want to see that.

Markus
It's the UK skit from the Wally Boag episode, if I'm not mistaken. Henson.com used to have the skit online, but I'm not sure if they do anymore.

matleo

Reaction score
Yes, Ken said Henson has nixed the idea of a Henson figure. He tried though. I can kind of understand that. I mean, in a certain way it is a little glorrifying and crass. The line of figures itself is something I think Jim woul have really approved of but I don't think he would have gone for having himself cast in resin. It takes the focus off the characters themselves a little. I think a Henson figure would look great, but I think it would tarnish the company a bit.

--Matt

radionate

Reaction score
Matt,

Have you seen the bust that was released this year (or last year, I'm not sure)? It features Jim and a bunch of muppets surrounding him. I can't for the life of me remember what the company was who made it, but it was a pretty neat little thing. They also had done a David Bowie and Goblin figure from Lab.

I really don't see how it could be crass. I know that it had been nicked for the main line, but as a muppetfest exclusive I don't see why it couldn't fly. Everyone is familar with the Jim puppet, and I think it would be a nice little "wink, wink, nudge" tribute to the man we all adore. I think Palisades should hit the JHC on it again. Even if the end product cost double what a normal figure does, most everyone would pick up at least one of these figures. And from what I heard about the prices for the stuff for sale last year, that would be a bargin.

matleo

Reaction score
radionate

Yeah, I remember the bust. But the tone is different. The bust seems to honor Jim, in that it bears more of a physical resemblance and it surrounds him with his creations. I think when you start talking about a 5 inch plastic replica (even if it is a slightly abstracted replica), it becomaes a little less 'honoring' and more along the lines of "capitalizing" on Jim's likeness. It just doesn't seem right to me. I mean when we first started talkign about possible figures and exclusives, I was totally on this bandwagon, but in thinking it over it just seemed somehow wrong. That's just my opinion though.

--Matt

radionate

Reaction score
Hey Matt,

I do see your point. And I guess I agree with it to a degree. I just have fond memories of the Jim Henson Muppet. When I was old enough to finally realize who he was I got really excited when I realized the puppet was supposed to look like him. It still makes me smile, and seems like such a great inside joke back then.

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
Okay, we need to get back to the whole "get-Ken-to-make-the-Leprechaun-Brothers-for-us" train of thought...! :big_grin:

Ken, if you need some pics, I'm sure I can get my buddy to do some image captures from the CD-rom of them for reference, Just let me know!

BTW- on the CD-rom, they also sing "Oh Susanna", "Row Row Row Your Boat", "Frere Jacques", and a number other beautiful melodies. They are all extremely funny, and my favorite part of the entire game.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Okay, I don't think the Wally Boag is available through Time Life. Correct me if I'm wrong. I really really really want to see this number. Is it on anything else?

Markus