An interesting Wedding

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Had to jump in here... I was born and raised in the Dallas area as well. Went through grade school at Arlington too.

It's always great to see other Texans on the board. :big_grin:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I lived in Austin for about 2 and a half years (my dad was in the Air Force).

After living in Colorado for 7 and a half years, the joy of Texas never really rubbed off on me.

However, I did manage to pick up a nifty "Don't Mess With Texas" T-shirt...

dlphntat

Reaction score
I spent some vaction time in Colorado recently (Lake City/Silverton) and it was nice. Took me some time to get adjusted to the altitude. (the day we left to come home, actually :wink: )
But, Texas is my home, and I like it here.

Ernie101

Reaction score
well i think they should get married in costume!

firebird123

Reaction score
Wow...the story made it to Dallas

It amazes me what people see as news worthy. When Jennie and I got engaged, we were bombarded by the local press but we never thought it would make it out to the other side of the country. For anyone who cares, we didn't get married in costume and none of the character were invited to the wedding. We are doing well and have just finished doing a Sesame Street show at Busch Gardens Tampa.

If anyone knows of other articles, please let me know.

Dave

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Wow--I was about to write "If you guys are reading this board, congratulations!" I guess I should write "since you guys are reading this board, congratulations!!"

I hope you had a beautiful wedding!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Had to jump in here... I was born and raised in the Dallas area as well. Went through grade school at Arlington too.

It's always great to see other Texans on the board. :big_grin:
Well, it is the largest state in the U.S. Of course, then again, it does have a surprisingly small population in comparison to it's size...

Congratulations, Big Bird and Cookie Monster!

Beebers

Reaction score
Firstly, other than the violence toward Cookie Monster, it's a great little story.

But, not only did that man resort to violence over something ridiculous and probably incorrectly perceived (a continually growing problem in our culture) but he set his daughter the indelible example that this is how you handle situations which do not go your way. She will no doubt go on to be The Screaming Soccer Mom From ****. Round and round we go.

But I love the wedding story.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya, Dave! Welcome to the forums. I remember hearing about the news of Jennie getting punched by that weirdo on local radio stations here in Memphis, TN; though, until today, I never even noticed the news of your wedding.

Congratulations on the marriage! Great that two folks with so much in common can get together this way.

To others: DO NOT PROMOTE HITTING ANY COSTUMED CHARACTERS!! It hurts! It isn't fun, either! I've had parents stand there laughing as their kids keep punching me in costume (not necessarily Muley) even as I am trying to leave! I now have a friend along as a character handler to keep folks from getting out of control.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
To others: DO NOT PROMOTE HITTING ANY COSTUMED CHARACTERS!! It hurts! It isn't fun, either! I've had parents stand there laughing as their kids keep punching me in costume (not necessarily Muley) even as I am trying to leave! I now have a friend along as a character handler to keep folks from getting out of control.
Hehe. Ooops.

*hides baseball bat*