And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think America just took a level in dumb@$$. Maybe the left had an idea with those "MAKE AMERICA THINK AGAIN" hats, because they seem to be incapable of thinking right. So Harvey was "God punishing Texas for voting GOP"? Irma is "God punishing America for allowing gay people to live"? Both Harvey and Irma together are "punishing the GOP for denying Climate Change"?

Yeah, uh, educated people will tell you that the reason we're having hurricanes is because it's hurricane season. And that the peak of hurricane season is September - November. What month is it? Uh-huh.

Kind of like back in the spring, I had a pastor who actually blamed Satan for the rain we were having . . . in the middle of April . . . and the rainiest month in our area is April. . . .

Censored

Reaction score
I think America just took a level in dumb@$$. Maybe the left had an idea with those "MAKE AMERICA THINK AGAIN" hats, because they seem to be incapable of thinking right. So Harvey was "God punishing Texas for voting GOP"? Irma is "God punishing America for allowing gay people to live"? Both Harvey and Irma together are "punishing the GOP for denying Climate Change"?

Yeah, uh, educated people will tell you that the reason we're having hurricanes is because it's hurricane season. And that the peak of hurricane season is September - November. What month is it? Uh-huh.

Kind of like back in the spring, I had a pastor who actually blamed Satan for the rain we were having . . . in the middle of April . . . and the rainiest month in our area is April. . . .
Yeah, it's growing painful:

https://www.dailydems.com/2017/09/w...ends-hurricanes-teach-us-humility-repentance/

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I just have to give credit where it's due. Trump is a horrible person and president in so many ways, but he made his first presidential decision this week when he chose people over party politics and didn't mess around with disaster relief. There's a lot more criticism I could add about that man and other things, but I'm saving that for both parties right now - the republicans who would rather watch the country drown then give in a little bit and the democrats who take this remarkable bipartisanship as a win for them, but a loss for Trump. This is why our country is broken. When the most disgusting person in the scenario is the only one making the right choice for the right reasons it just goes to show how much we really are screwed. Okay, back to my not being here. I just couldn't not say anything about this week. There's so much mindless partisanship on this subject. I have never been about that. I never will. I just hope this brings about a change of heart on other things for Trump. :attitude:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of partisanship, I'm surprised that Republicans and Democrats actually agreed on something: making self-driving cars. Democrats have been trying to get Republicans to work with them for decades, but Republicans always rebuff and refuse to work with them . . . and I'm surprised with as badly as Republicans want to regress America decades back that they would agree to something such as this: wouldn't self-driving cars be too progressive and futuristic for them?

Censored

Reaction score
Self-driving cars might be one of those ideas that are so bad, all politicians have to be for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the flying cards. Everybody said we'd have 'em in the new millennium. Of course, that was several decades ago, however.