And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, in addition to Drumpf again, we've got Kayne Pest, Chris Rock, and possibly even Oprah running in 2020. . . .

Speaking of whom, I saw a sad, heartbreaking report from Anderson Cooper on Facebook the other day: Kanye Pest was found alive in his apartment. :cry:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Well, in addition to Drumpf again, we've got Kayne Pest, Chris Rock, and possibly even Oprah running in 2020. . . .
If George Carlin were still alive and ran for president, he'd get my vote. But apparently Oprah is the best celebrity who make a good president according to WatchMojo.com so...

Speaking of whom, I saw a sad, heartbreaking report from Anderson Cooper on Facebook the other day: Kanye Pest was found alive in his apartment. :cry:
Witchcraft.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Dang, man. That's cold.

As for Oprah, Chris Rock, and Kanye running, I think Kanye has the same ego problem as Trump and he's completely delusional- no wonder he and Trump are friends. As for Oprah and Chris, they at least seem to be smarter and more down to earth than Trump, if they are actually serious about possibly running. Even so, I highly doubt any of them would get very far- than again, I said the same thing about Trump in 2015, so you never know.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, again, Ted Williams (the homeless man with the golden voice) planned on running in 2016, however it appears he didn't get any further than planning his campaign, but he was pretty much do so on the same grounds as Trump: that anybody could run despite having no political background or experience. The main difference being Trump is an A-list celebrity and has been for decades, whereas Williams was kind of flavor-of-the-month: his was an inspiring story, but he was only in the public eye for a short time, then kind of disappeared afterwards. I didn't even know he was running until I discovered that by accident one day, because I was curious to see whatever became of him since he seemed to have disappeared.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I personally don't think that any celebrity should run for office. Because they will get votes based on there fame on not based on how well they will run the country. I think that's part of the reason Trump won.

Anyways do any of you follow Trump on Facebook or Twitter?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I personally don't think that any celebrity should run for office. Because they will get votes based on there fame on not based on how well they will run the country. I think that's part of the reason Trump won.
I wouldn't say that Trump is necessarily a celebrity, just a 'really famous person'.

Neither, but I get a lot of his stuff in my Facebook feed thanks to the people I'm friends with.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

Trump's on twitter? I hadn't heard

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well he posts his daily plans on his Facebook page.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The Dems' focus on identity politics is why 45 won. And I really, REALLY don't want him to win again. I'm more worried about North Korea and China at the moment than one movie theater in Alabama. For God's sake...If the west coast IS actually attacked down the line, because Trump was too busy tweeting, then it won't matter how not bigoted we all were, if you get my meaning!
Both candidates were focused on identity politics, but in different ways. That's the whole truth. :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I keep hearing about identity politics like it's some sort of old fashioned idea. It's not. It's actually more crucial now to inspiring one's vote than ever before. However, how it's approached has completely changed. Identity these days is more about one's individual narcissism than belonging to a group. It's also more about blame than inspiration. We live in sad troubling times. The good part of it is that sometimes it takes hitting the bottom before we know where it is so we can head back to the top. :smile: