And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the news, every time they show a picture of Trump, no matter what he does, he always has that sour puss on his face, like he has a turd stuck sideways.

Nixon had the same look. But Nixon also had shifty eyes, especially when the crap from Watergate was about to hit the fan.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the news, every time they show a picture of Trump, no matter what he does, he always has that sour puss on his face, like he has a turd stuck sideways.
I audibly laughed out loud as I read that! XD

And if not that, then he's got this insincere, smug smile:

Paul Ryan always has that same smile as well.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I remember in the summer of 1988 when this album came out. Got every Carlin album, seen him a number of times, got his autograph, probably the most brilliant comic ever (close tie with Richard Pryor).

For those of you that only know him as Mr. Conductor from "Shining Time Station", if your ears can handle a few four-letter words, this guy is comic gold..
Everyone knows this already, but I grew up watching Thomas the Tank Engine, and Carlin was my favorite narrator, still is. I loved him. Then I found his comedy work, and oh my god, it made me love him even more. What's so amazing is the fact his material still holds up today and is more relevant now then back when he first performed it.

I audibly laughed out loud as I read that! XD

And if not that, then he's got this insincere, smug smile:

Paul Ryan always has that same smile as well.
I dunno man, maybe I'm seeing things wrong, but that looks like a genuine smile to me. Trump just smiles weirdly. :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Everyone knows this already, but I grew up watching Thomas the Tank Engine, and Carlin was my favorite narrator, still is. I loved him. Then I found his comedy work, and oh my god, it made me love him even more. What's so amazing is the fact his material still holds up today and is more relevant now then back when he first performed it.

I dunno man, maybe I'm seeing things wrong, but that looks like a genuine smile to me. Trump just smiles weirdly. :stick_out_tongue:
It's funny how you changed your avatar picture to Andrew "Dice" Clay. For one moment, Dice looked like the Next Big Thing in comedy. (He had a nasty feud with the late Sam Kinison, conveniently fought out on Howard Stern's radio show. It was ugly, nobody won).
He came out, leather jacket, cigarette, doing his nursery rhymes. 30 years later, same leather jacket, same cigarette, same nursery rhymes, same crap different day.
I got to see him once, and was disappointed. He was not funny, just so drunk he could barely stand up. It was pitiful.

George Carlin, throughout his life, never stood still. Every two years, he always had a new album of material. He had a number of favorite bits he could've easily fallen back on ("Stuff", "Baseball and Football", "Seven Words You Can Never Say On Television"), but he always kept pushing forward.

Same thing with any of the Blue Collar guys. (Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, Ron White) Larry is hysterical first time I saw him (even got to go backstage where his family was, and met Grandma the Cable Guy 8))
They try new stuff, but fans feel cheated if Jeff doesn't do "You Might Be A Redneck".

Dice had a moment. Too bad it passed him by.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Dice is definitely a conflicting character in comedy. He was the absolute king of the scene for a brief moment in the late '80s, early '90s. Heck, he's the first guy to sell out Madison Square Gardens two nights in a row. And then he just really fell from the scene and is now considered one of the worst comedians of all time.

Which I find really unfair. Some time ago, I had heard a list of the Top 30 Stand-Ups of all time, and was really impressed by Rodney Dangerfield. I went on YouTube and looked up his material, and was like, "Yeah, he's pretty great." Then, on the sidebar of other vids to watch, there was "The Diceman Cometh". I went, "Hey, this guy was on that list too... I think I'll check it out." So I did and I was just blown away.

I'm not usually one for sex jokes, but Dice's persona just makes them side-splittingly funny. I don't think he gets his due these days - he pushed the boundaries of comedy, as stated above became the first to sell out MSG twice in a row, and everyone who was around when he was on the scene (and with an interest in comedy) remember him. I've said to people before, "Hey, you like comedy, ever heard of Andrew Dice Clay?" and they'd respond with a laugh and go, "Oh yeah, The Diceman!" Dice was big, and I'd say that he's the best example of a comedian 'rockstar'.

Yes, Dice did fall from the scene quite hard, but even after his 'fall' he made at least two great specials, Assume the Position and No Apologies, and even his more recent work has been funny on occasion. Whilst I admit, nowadays he's a washed-up celebrity has been who can't except the fact that his heyday has long since been over, for the material he put out in his peak, he remains my second favorite comedian of all time, behind only Carlin. He's not a comedic genius like Carlin or Pryor, but he was able to take sex jokes and misogyny, create an offensive, crude, brash character who said all the most un-PC things possible, and get away with it, uniting both sexes to enjoy his comedy.

That, in my opinion, is what made The Diceman great.

Censored

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and evidently, Facebook is getting more and more aggressive about censoring anti-Trump posts - so much so that people are actually having their accounts deactivated for it.
That is simply not true. There is a variety of opinions on FB, political and otherwise. Quite frankly, there is much more freedom of speech on Facebook than there is on here.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That is simply not true. There is a variety of opinions on FB, political and otherwise. Quite frankly, there is much more freedom of speech on Facebook than there is on here.
Are you even on Facebook?
Not sure about Censored but I'm on Facebook. I've seen nothing of the like. Perhaps you could provide a link to back up your claim. A link would make it more credible.