Angus and Angie and Podcasts and Vibs stinks

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This thread is about podcasts!? When did that start? :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... You could always check the links on www.aftimes.com that lead to their forum or Vodcast sections, ask there if you guys can get a straight answer. Or maybe this guy named Tekwych I happen to know can help out.
Lemme give him a call. Be back later.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
A few days ago, I guess. Come on Dave; you're the computer expert, right?
:wink:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Computer, eh? Is that what they're calling this Informational Logistics Cube connected to the Pict-o-box?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I thought it was the whatsit thingie which is connected to the gadget with the hickerypockery thingame thing plugged into the portal of the gadoobery over against that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Got some basic info about getting started from another friend, Bats1990 on CMX (he might be registered here as Bats1976). Not sure if I should post what he replied since like I said, it's a bit basic.
But if you have any specific questions about podcasts, send 'em in and I'll forward them along to see if I can get some more concrete replies and help you out to start this thing.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Can you post the basics for us Count? Would be appreciated.

Also, something gives me the feeling that what you are looking for is more like an Mp3 downloadable file and a site to host it on, Vibs and Dan, rather than a Podcast which updates automatically every week.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Well what we're hoping is to do a twice-weekly thing sort of like a Podcast but sort of not. If that makes sense. And Count, any info is muchos appreciated :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here's the reply I got from Bats1990 on the Creatus Maximus boards, (Bats1976 here on MC I think).
Well, it is relatively easy. You just need a computer with a recording program. We use Garage Band (that is only for MAC's though) although you don't need it, we use a sound board to power some better quality microphones.
If you use a MAC with Garage Band you can pump songs and sound effects through it....we have a PC hoocked up for that though.
You can use SKYPE to talk to others or over the phone. We ended up eventually buying a piece of equipment to hook up to the computer and pipe through the mics and headphones.
Then it's just really a host for the files.
If you need more technical questions answered I could probably get those answered by the guy in our group that handles that.

Any more questions, LMK and I can pass them along to get some replies.
Or you guys could send him PM's or messages through the forum's mailer, tell him I sent you.