Animal Knockoff on Ebay

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
No, I totally agree...... it IS wasted talent. But talent is talent, even if it's wasted on copying someone elses character. :smirk:

Whatever

Reaction score
It looks really good, but I agree that he shouldn't do it. :halo:

Beebers

Reaction score
For me there is zero distinction and no special exemptory dividing line among the arts. If a writer, no matter how talented, copied in completion, printed, and profited from the written works of another, there would be, rightly, hue and cry. For me no artist in any of the arts should be nothing more than a copyist, no matter how technically talented they may be.

:cool:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Writing word for word doesn't take any talent because anyone can do it, it's a poor comparison. Copying a designers dress, an artists painting, or a puppet character and doing it well just from a visual photo or memory does take some form of talent. Those people may not have positive morals or the imagination it takes to build their own works of art, however, not EVERYONE can build a replica so close to the original.

I guess your right; I would have to disagree with you because I feel that it does require some form of talent even if you or anyone else does'nt want to admit or recognize it. That still doesn't make it right of'course.

Beebers

Reaction score
Hang on, lol, you're not really reading the total content of my posts, in which I have mentioned his talent several times. I do recognize his talent. It should be turned toward original works, as I observed earlier. Let Us Not Fight. *vacates thread lol*

:cool:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
HEEEEYYYY! I wasn't fighting! I told you that you were right when you said that we should agree not to agree! I was just stating WHY I didn't agree! lol

Online/e-mail chat is so flat no matter how much they try to animate it! :wink:

You guys should know me better than that! I very rarely ever get serious about anything. :excited:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
What he's doing is illegal in just about every country except China and possibly Beruit. You could get away with it in Isreal because they tend not to enforce copyright laws because they have bigger problems (terrorists, etc.). Come to thing of it, Tztz could get himself a nice little sideline going over there....

Seriously though I emailed this guy but never heard from him. He listed animal before but it was pulled. It will be again I'm sure.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Numerous people on the Australian muppet forum including me have also been trying to contact him and noone has heard anything from him. I think he could be having some problems with his email etc. Even the ask seller question function on ebay won't contact him.

Beebers

Reaction score
He's a fugitive. Hiding in zee hills with hundreds of Muppet knockoffs to keep him warm at night. Only sort of kidding.

Whatever

Reaction score
You have to admit, though... who wouldn't love to have a puppet that looked just like a Muppet? Well, anyone on this board, anyway. I know I would! Sigh. I'm not proposing to break any laws, though.