Animaniacs

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I'm STILL trying to learn Yakko's World. After about a month, I'm only about halfway through. I don't remember seeing it on Cartoon Network, which is kinda ironic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, Kids Wb messing around with repeat scheduling of their shows. It took me eleven years to finally watch the final episode of Batman Beyond on The Hub last year, and that's because the original airdate of that episode was preempted by that whole 9/11 ordeal.
I had to track down and watch a Men in Black online years later. I hate when they would rerun an episode like 3 or 4 times, but they refused to rerun that one episode you missed.

Seriously, I am so glad that Earthworm Jim was released on DVD. I HATED when they put it on alternating Fridays. And they never even reran any of those second season eps.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I'm going to be really honest. I wasn't a huge fan of this show when I was a kid, and to tell the truth, I'm still not, but I do love that sketch with those pigeons (they should have gotten a spinoff. Just saying...).

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Everyone has a different show they like. Other than Animaniacs, I was pretty much a Nick kid and that was it. I watched Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Real Monster, the list goes on.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to catch Animaniacs when it first came out. It used to air on Fox 5 on weekday afternoons, going head-to-head with the Disney Afternoon (Sometimes your allegiances were divided).

Back in 1993 there used to be Warner Brothers retail stores, where you could buy animation art, movie memorabilia, etc. (Sadly, long gone under). On the store's monitors,
they'd show old Looney Tunes, clips from classic WB movies, and certain "Coming Attractions". One coming attraction was Yakko's World. After one peek, I knew this show was a keeper. Tiny Toons was decent, but here they NAILED it! :smile:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I REALLY want a plush set of the Warners. I honestly don't care about the size!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tiny Toons was decent, but here they NAILED it! :smile:
Tiny Toons was very experimental compared to Animaniacs. Tiny Toons toyed with how they were going to be a kid's show, and a couple times in the first season, they actually had Aesop heavy episodes. The one where Buster was kidnapped and forced to be Elmyra's Pet? That was a "Kids, don't run away from home because something terrible will happen to you" moral. And while they'll do an insanely wacky episode, sometimes they'd do something like the Toons in Toyland episode where everything was overly cute, almost cloying. Animaniacs was the balance in between. They never gave you moral lessons (oddly enough, Geography and History, but never moral).

Of course, the one tiny thing I hated about Animaniacs? The Flame. Was that ever boring! It really felt out of place. Sure, there are characters that didn't quite catch on... Minerva Mink (no thanks to the censors), Flavio and Marita weren't on too much. But they felt like they belong there. The weird Looney Tunes style bits about random things with no popular characters in them (Though I never cared much for Wings take Heart), fine... Not the Flame. He was just so incredibly dull. Commenting on things isn't really fun with history. Everything else worked really well. Of course, you could argue there were too many characters.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I'm STILL trying to learn Yakko's World. After about a month, I'm only about halfway through. I don't remember seeing it on Cartoon Network, which is kinda ironic.
Rob Paulsen just told us last week on that podcast show that I just linked. That they made a new verse of Yakko's World. They added the new countries to that song. But he doesn't know when that I will ever come out.

---

He's also been asked, will Animaniacs comeback. He just says, I don't know. But you never know. Smurfs & TMNT came back.

*I'm like bleh about the Smurfs comeback though*

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd like a comeback. What made all these shows special was that they were short runners that left us wanting more. I mean, compare that with The Simpsons or Family Guy that went way over their prime and are shells of their former selves. I just don't see a comeback being just as good as the original. And even if it is, some guy on the internet will pick it apart and ruin it for everyone else, like every single one of these comebacks ever.

I'd love to see a miniseries or TV special or movie or something. Dunno about Pinky and the Brain. I LOVE them desperately, but I think they've done all they could to try to take over the world now.

Though, to be fair, TMNT is a comic book. Comic Book heroes always come back in some form. Look at how many Batman cartoons we've had since Batman TAS, with one more on the way. And every time they interpreted it differently. Comic Book heroes can get away with that. You try to interpret cartoon characters a different way, you get New George of the Jungle. Blech.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Rob Paulsen turned 57 yesterday! I wish him a happy belated birthday! :smile: