Animaniacs

Teheheman

Reaction score
Animaniacs were great. They were like a cartoon SNL in a way, with the skits with different characters. You had Pinky and the Brain(Which went into a couple variations afterwards), the GoodFeathers(One of MY personal favorites), and of course, Good Idea, Bad Idea(Probably the best between act shorts a cartoon has come up with) The flame was OK, I think they probably were talked into doing it because they said the show needed to be more educational and they figured that the flame could comment on being there during the writing of the Declaration of Independence. Personally, I think it woulda been a better skit with Histeria when it was on. But, I REALLY wanna get Animaniacs on DVD.

Daniel

Hayley B

Reaction score
Didn't want to double post at one point. But I want to say that The Hub actually did air "Go Fish" yesterday. As short as that one is. I still think that one is just too cute and funny. :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Definitely a favorite of mine. The Warners' segments were always the best part of the show. But "Slappy Squirrel", "Goodfeathers", and of course "Pinky and the Brain" were fun. I liked "Buttons and Mindy" at first, but eventually got tired of the seeing essentially the same short each time it was featured (just with slight alterations). And I enjoyed the musical aspects of "Rita and Runt".

The other shorts ("Hip Hippos", "Chicken Boo", that woodchuck that I barely remember, the history shorts) were "meh", IMO. Though I love Chicken Boo's theme song. And I enjoy "Katie Ka- Boom!", mainly because I've experienced living with a bratty teenage girl, and can therefore relate to the other family members. Don't really remember much about "Minerva Mink", as her stay was extremely brief.

Anyone else have a favorite and least favorite segment(s)?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Katie Ka-Boom was a great jab at satirizing the stereotypical, overly dramatic, and highly emotional teenage girl... despite not being featured as regularly, I believe it was one of my favorites of the recurring segments, but like everyone else, I too enjoyed Goodfeathers, The Pinky and The Brain (and Larry), and Rita and Runt.

Speaking of which, who else here is aware that the reason they dropped Rita and Runt after the first season was because not only could they not afford a personality like Bernadette Peters to voice and sing for Rita, but they couldn't afford to keep having a songwriter writing a completely new song on a weekly basis.

And I'm pretty sure Minerva Mink was thrown in there to make fun of sexually provocative cartoon characters (ala Red Hot Riding Hood), and how other male characters always act like howling wolves at the sight of them.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Katie Ka-Boom was a great jab at satirizing the stereotypical, overly dramatic, and highly emotional teenage girl... despite not being featured as regularly, I believe it was one of my favorites of the recurring segments, but like everyone else, I too enjoyed Goodfeathers, The Pinky and The Brain (and Larry), and Rita and Runt.

Speaking of which, who else here is aware that the reason they dropped Rita and Runt after the first season was because not only could they not afford a personality like Bernadette Peters to voice and sing for Rita, but they couldn't afford to keep having a songwriter writing a completely new song on a weekly basis.

And I'm pretty sure Minerva Mink was thrown in there to make fun of sexually provocative cartoon characters (ala Red Hot Riding Hood), and how other male characters always act like howling wolves at the sight of them.
I was aware that "Rita and Runt" were dropped from the series (though thankfully they were brought back for "Wakko's Wish"), but didn't actually know why. I always assumed it was because they weren't as popular as other characters.

Ah, yes, "Pinky and the Brain (and Larry)". Definitely one of my favorite PatB shorts (although that actually came after they were taken off of "Animaniacs").

Anyone remember that gosh-awful "Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain" series? Okay, I don't think it was quite as bad as people say it is. It still had a share of funny moments (mostly from Pinky). And hey, Baloney even showed up in one episode.

It was just a bad idea for a series (though we can blame Kids WB for that). One short would have been okay, but an entire series? I really felt sorry for the Brain in these cartoons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone remember that gosh-awful "Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain" series? Okay, I don't think it was quite as bad as people say it is. It still had a share of funny moments (mostly from Pinky). And hey, Baloney even showed up in one episode.

It was just a bad idea for a series (though we can blame Kids WB for that). One short would have been okay, but an entire series? I really felt sorry for the Brain in these cartoons.
The show had some brilliant plans for Brain and it did have it's fair share of actually funny bits. What really bugs me isn't so much Elmyra, but their portrayal of Bill Nye the Science Guy as an effeminate moron was kinda Didn't do the Research to the point of insulting. The problem with the show was that there actually were pretty good concepts that went nowhere, a failure to connect Elmyra to Tiny Toons in any way, I guess that they didn't want to make Furball Elmyra's cat because they wanted something more sinister... and let's face it, Furball was so sympathetic that it backfired on the Tiny Toons writers. Check out any one of the video games... they actually make Sweety the villain. But replacing all the other characters killed some potential. Imagine Monty in the show instead of Rudy. Not to mention the secret organization trying to find Brain they used in... like one episode.

But I did love the episode where Brain has a show on an OBVIOUS parody of Kid's WB, including the "stars" or their "Sitcoms" introducing shows on the commercial bumpers.

it's not so much a bad show as a total waste.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm going to be really honest. I wasn't a huge fan of this show when I was a kid, and to tell the truth, I'm still not, but I do love that sketch with those pigeons (they should have gotten a spinoff. Just saying...).
You're probably the minority. Especially because a lot of people don't like the Goodfeathers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love the Good Fellas. I lost both Happy Meal toys of them and I'm very much not happy about it. But I'm downright ticked that I lost the Slappy Squirrel one. The one where she's on the motor cycle. She never got any merchandise. I think it was 2 Happy Meal toys (one she's just a sticker) and a lapel pin from the Warner Bros store.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now that I think of it... I THINK I used to have a Happy Meal toy of the Goodfeathers as well... I believe they were driving a fire truck.