Another idea for a Sesame Street episode

salemfan

Reaction score
I wonder, does anybody think there should be an episode of Sesame Street in which they put on a play of Beauty and the Beast? Here's the suggested cast:
Elmo-the Beast
Zoe-the Enchantress
Rosita-Belle
Telly-Cogsworth
Baby Bear-Lumiere
Oscar-Gaston
If anybody else can help me fill the roles, let me know.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ha ha! Elmo as the beast is hysterical. Although I do find the cast so interesting. I can tell you one thing, if this concept was done when I watched SS, I don't think any of those characters would even be in it! Well, except for maybe :grouchy:

D

Dil

Another Sesame Street Special?... hmmm.

How about "Sesame Street Story of Wonderland"?
Featuring:
Maria-Storyteller
Kids, Elmo, Zoe, Rosita, and Grover-Listeners of the Storyteller
Guest Star Hayden Panettiere (not really, but she would be a good one)-Alice
LMS (Little Murray Sparkles)-Alice's Cat
Ernie & Bert-Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
Benny the UNbunny-White Rabbit and March Hare
Elmo-Cheshire Cat
Cookie Monster-Caterpillar
Anything Muppets-The Cards, The Queen of Hearts, the King of Hearts, and the Carpenter
Dodo-Big Bird
Flowers-themselves
Walrus Chap-himself
Doormouse-himself
Grover-Mad Hatter
and many other Alice Characters including NEW characters
Abby-Wonderland Fairy Guide
Oscar- Man of the Giant Stinkweed Garden

Super Scooter

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
I wonder, does anybody think there should be an episode of Sesame Street in which they put on a play of Beauty and the Beast? Here's the suggested cast:
Elmo-the Beast
Zoe-the Enchantress
Rosita-Belle
Telly-Cogsworth
Baby Bear-Lumiere
Oscar-Gaston
If anybody else can help me fill the roles, let me know.
I'd like to make a suggestion: Zoe and Rosita should switch roles. After all, Zoe and Elmo I think are probably closer friends.

Big Bird as Maurice, Belle's father. Think of it! When Maurice goes on and on all crazy-like about the Beast, it could be sort of a play on when Big Bird first met Mr. Snuffleupagus.

Medbe Monster

Reaction score
hmm... well I had an Idea for a new skit on SS Called American Muppet which will be a parody of American Idol, Host: Guy Smiley, Judges would be Statler, Waldorf, Beautiful Day Monster, and Ernie, I came up with that Manah Manah and the Snowths and Bip Bipadotta and the anything muppets would both face of with the Song Manah Manah and the judges would pick the one they liked most.

BEAR

Reaction score
Medbe Monster said:
hmm... well I had an Idea for a new skit on SS Called American Muppet which will be a parody of American Idol, Host: Guy Smiley, Judges would be Statler, Waldorf, Beautiful Day Monster, and Ernie, I came up with that Manah Manah and the Snowths and Bip Bipadotta and the anything muppets would both face of with the Song Manah Manah and the judges would pick the one they liked most.

Now that would be hilarious!

salemfan

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I'd like to make a suggestion: Zoe and Rosita should switch roles. After all, Zoe and Elmo I think are probably closer friends.
What does, "Zoe and Elmo are closer friends" have to do with why Zoe and Rosita should switch roles?

furryredmonster

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
What does, "Zoe and Elmo are closer friends" have to do with why Zoe and Rosita should switch roles?
Because zoe and elmo have a closer relationship. I've never seen Beauty and the Beast myself, but isn't the beast and belle supposed to be in love or something like that?

salemfan

Reaction score
The story goes that Belle falls in love with Beast and breaks his spell, turning him back into a Prince.