Another Movie remake of the Grinch... really?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
When has loony tunes ever made sense? :stick_out_tongue:

Pressing the menu button didn't work for me. Maybe it was just my dvd player *shrugs*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some DVDs, especially today, go to great lengths you prevent you from skipping through the trailers, previews, intros, etc, irregardless if you try to skip, fast forward, or even press menu. It depends on the DVD itself, and the studio who put it out.

And hey, I like both the original Looney Tunes, AND I like Space Jam. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still don't quite get the hate Space Jam gets. I thought it was better than Back in Action. BIA had its moments, but I've only watched it once and have no desire to ever watch it again.
Space Jam has one thing over BIA... it's coherent! BIA tries to shove too much plot info into a film with a lot of human cast meddling, all the while trying to out as many Easter Eggs, mythology gags, and character appearances. Not to mention how much insane meddling that ruined the film's script because Warner Bros. apparently knew a lot better than Joe Dante! I Mean, that's why the movie was a flop, wasn't it?

Space Jam, for all the crap it gets, makes the most out of its crap. I think the Looney Tunes Show salvaged the personality devoid Lola Bunny that was thrown in cynically to get girls to watch (as I always said, she has to be Bugs's equal and his superior). It's a flimsy concept that wasn't too great an idea for a movie in the first place, but they run with it. It's not by any means great, but it's not like there was any point that it could have been. BIA disappoints, sure, but Space Jam never let you have expectations in the first place, and then it surprises you by being kinda good.