Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Slackbot

Reaction score
Actually, The Last Flight of the Champion was shown in more than one town. Atlanta, for example. Alas, I missed it. And, yeah, it's strange that it disappeared into the depths with nary a ripple.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, The Last Flight of the Champion was shown in more than one town. Atlanta, for example. Alas, I missed it. And, yeah, it's strange that it disappeared into the depths with nary a ripple.
That's interesting. Other than that, it was a limited release.

Now, if the thing was a student film (and boy howdy did it ever have that quality) I'd feel sorry for it, maybe even respect it. But from the small amount of stories I've heard the guy producing this and directing it was a crook who made full use of Texas's deregulation to overwork the animators and barely (if at all) paying them. No wonder the end result is so subpar that the hack rush job Food Fight got (we all know that story) is higher quality. I feel for Luci Christian having to record the dreck dialogue for this one.

But even Freaky Flickers has more of an internet presence than LFOTC, and that film didn't even get finished. You'd think that by now LFOTC would have hit Redbox in the "crappy CGI movies no one's ever heard of" section (which is vast). It just completely flew under the radar and disappeared quickly. It should have been the laughing stock of the internet the likes of BOTH animated Titanic movies (remember, there are two, and the one with the rapping dog is the mockbuster of an even worse, and more nonsensical film). But it just fades away when it was barely at 20% opacity to being with.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you guys remember that episode of Animaniacs where CEO Thadius Plots regrets the boneheaded decision to outright reject the Warner siblings' movie, which then goes to thoroughly trounce Jam-a-Lot (the parody of Space Jam)? Well, in a fit of life imitating art, it seems Mr. Plots in his infinite wisdom has greenlit a Space Jam 2 this time supposedly starring Lebron James.

Seriously? Just…just no. As kiche as it was and as bad as it may be panned in its day, Space Jam was an okay movie for what it was. Sure, not the best... But is there such an outcry for a sequel now in 2014? Of course not, it's a blatent cash-in move. Pfeh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The scary thing is how that rumor spread like it was officially a thing. Even worse is that anyone believed it would happen period.

Sure, it would be a nice little boost to the Looney Tunes characters if it were to happen, but there is no way that they'd bother with a sequel to something that did so meh.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
The scary thing is how that rumor spread like it was officially a thing. Even worse is that anyone believed it would happen period.

Sure, it would be a nice little boost to the Looney Tunes characters if it were to happen, but there is no way that they'd bother with a sequel to something that did so meh.
Well look on the bright side. At least we have the Looney Tunes Show which is actually pretty good, and *shock* gets laughs from Lola....

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Well look on the bright side. At least we have the Looney Tunes Show which is actually pretty good, and *shock* gets laughs from Lola....
As funny as the Looney Tunes Show is, apparently it's the reason why Tom Ruegger's "Mixed Nutz" series was never made. If I had a choice between a sitcom starring the Looney Tunes and a crossover series starring both the Looney Tunes AND the Hanna-Barbera characters, I'd go for the latter. From what Ruegger says in the first entry (at the bottom), this series almost went into production.
http://cartoonatics.blogspot.com/search/label/Cartoon Shows That Never Were

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, that...doesn't really sound too good. It seems like a collection of 6 minute long CN ID's from the 90's as a TV show. I don't think the die hard LT fans would like that any better. Of course, they automatically hate anything that isn't from the 1950's, anyway. Can't really blame them, but other than 2 horrid misfires, the Looney Tunes based cartoon series have been thoroughly enjoyable if different. Then of course they gave LTS the heave ho. I don't think they even showed the last episode in the US.

And considering LT:BIA got such a cold reception (thanks to Elf and Cat in the Hat), I doubt they're really looking to another movie, no matter how many times they threaten the Marvin the Martian and Bugs Bunny live action pictures. Weren't we even supposed to get a sequel to that dull, poorly cast Yogi Bear movie by now too? So that's why I'm not buying Space Jam 2. Especially since it's also been widely debunked.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Honestly, that...doesn't really sound too good. It seems like a collection of 6 minute long CN ID's from the 90's as a TV show. I don't think the die hard LT fans would like that any better. Of course, they automatically hate anything that isn't from the 1950's, anyway. Can't really blame them, but other than 2 horrid misfires, the Looney Tunes based cartoon series have been thoroughly enjoyable if different. Then of course they gave LTS the heave ho. I don't think they even showed the last episode in the US.

And considering LT:BIA got such a cold reception (thanks to Elf and Cat in the Hat), I doubt they're really looking to another movie, no matter how many times they threaten the Marvin the Martian and Bugs Bunny live action pictures. Weren't we even supposed to get a sequel to that dull, poorly cast Yogi Bear movie by now too? So that's why I'm not buying Space Jam 2. Especially since it's also been widely debunked.
What people would rather see the Cat in the Hat brutually murdered (not literally children, I mean ruined) than a funny Looney Tunes movie?