antron fleece and dye

rtgentry

Reaction score
Where can I get antron fleece and the proper dyes. When I asked the lady at the fabric store about antron fleece she looked at me like I was a gonzo or something.:concern: Also if anyone has any tips on how to go about covering a foam puppet please let me know. I think I have the idea but would love some tips.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
For Antron Fleece, you can buy it from Ga Stage, Inc. Contact Kathy there, via email: info@gastage.com

They sell it in 12 oz and 14 oz weights and it is 54" wide. It only comes in white but it can be dyed. There is no minimum purchase required. The 12 oz is $12.98 per yard and the 14 oz is $13.98 per yard.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If it's a pain getting Aljo, RIT and Tintex dyes also work very well and are usually available at a Drug Store or through stores like Wal-Mart and K Mart. Personally, I prefer RIT to Tintex.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's best to follow the directions on the dye you use. Most brands have a detailed info sheet you can follow. You could also go to your local library and check out a book on textiles that covers fabric dye processes.

vaderdentist

Reaction score
According to the puppet builder, Aljo has a Nylon specific cold dye that really pumps color into the Antron (nylon) based fleece material and that the colors are much more vivid that Rit which doesn't seem to take to Nylon and other man made fabrics.
Dave :smile:

rtgentry

Reaction score
thanks for the info, that should help. what kind of paint should I use to paint the foam in which gonzos nose is made from? spray paint?

vaderdentist

Reaction score
I think you need to airbrush with water based paints...........because some solvent based paints will dissolve the foam!!!!