Any chance of a Sesame Street cameo in the new Muppet movie?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
While they did not have a cameo in their movies in the 90s, here's hoping that Disney would be a bit kind enough to let Sesame Workshop work within the movie to at least show and remind people of the Muppet family relationship between the frog :smile: and the street :wisdom:.

What do you all think of the chances of this happening ? :frown:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would make a nice trade-off between allowing Kermit on the cover of the Sily Storytime DVD in exchange for a Sesame cameo, but I also doubt it a bit.

Then again, with the Muppets hosting a telethon, it would be intersting if they had as many Sesame Street Muppets as possible watching the telethon at Bert and Ernie's apartment.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You can't forget Kermit's past, and part of his past was on Sesame Street, and I think Disney and Sesame Workshop understand that and are at least trying to get along. So Don't count anything out this movie is going to be the biggest thing in a long time for the Muppets, and I'm sure we are going to be in for a shock or two.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Much as i'd love to see it, i don't see it happening with this movie. Disney's whole overarching goal is to reestablish the (Classic) Muppets as its own brand and reminding people that this family of characters is different than the Sesame Muppets is a large part of that.

The next Muppet movie, i'd say is a great possibility. But not this one. They're not going to run counterproductive to what they see as the main purpose of the film from a branding/marketing place to appease those who want to see a SST crossover akin to the cameos in the first three films. But at least they're making up for it by giving us lots of rare Muppet cameos from within the Classic Muppet family instead (and hey, if it helps - you can view Beautiful Day's presence as a SST cameo since he has history with both)

As much as lots of Muppet fans would love to see a one-line cameo from Cookie Monster, Disney's need to get the general public to be able to take kids to a Muppet movie or view a Muppet project without every six year old in the audience asking "Where's Elmo? When is Elmo coming?" (or every sixteen year old, for that matter) is greater right now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unless Jason had real pull on the project, I wouldn't hold my breath. I would LOVE to see Oscar or even Traveling Matt in the background of a scene, maybe with one line, but it doesn't seem all that possible. Never mind the fact we haven't seen a true SS cameo in a Muppet movie since MTM (the stairs and doorway that are based off of the front stoop of 123 Sesame St doesn't count).

But I would LOVE to be wrong. :smile:

Just don't expect it. it's not a surprise if you expect it, and if it doesn't happen it becomes disappointing.

Still... I wish they could put Dracula from FSM somewhere in a crowd scene or as an Easter Egg in a poster. We wouldn't have a Muppet movie (at least this one) if it wasn't for that puppet.

Scooterfan5

Reaction score

mbmfrog

Reaction score
There was an article about the new movie that confirms Elmo won't make a cameo http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,2076566,00.html?xid=fblike

What I notice is that they said Elmo is too expensive and won't be in the movie, but they don't say the same regarding other Sesame Street cameos, or even point out the difference in character ownership.
Blast it all, there goes a good Big Bird cameo as well. I guess that also means Fraggle Rock may be out of the picture too. :frown::smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It sounds like, from that interview, it wasn't Disney saying no.

So... take that any way you can. I don't even want to discuss it, since the probability of something sounds pretty ambiguous at this point.

I'm not holding my breath for anything, I'm not completely doubting it. Though I STILL say Bear should have walked by in a scene.

TSSD

Reaction score
Guys, why is everyone doubting a Sesame Street cameo just because they couldn't get Elmo? Even if getting Elmo is too much money, maybe they could get a different character that wouldn't be as much. Maybe I'm just being stupidly optimistic, but there's still a little bit of a chance.