Any chance of a Sesame Street cameo in the new Muppet movie?

Convincing John

Reaction score
Until we actually see something on the screen, we won't know. If you all want a Sesame Street cameo really bad, well, like DW said, Beautiful Day Monster was on both shows, so yeah, technically it does count. If you really want to be picky about it, Kermit and Rowlf were on both shows, too.

I'm just looking forward to a really great movie with a lot of Muppety goodness.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I would have hoped that they would at least let them have Cookie Monster make a brief cameo, I mean remember his appearance in the "Elmo goes Green" DVD ? :insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I'm saying is if we have one, great, if we don't, it's understandable (we hadn't had a Sesame Cameo since MTM). But above all, I'd RATHER wait and see the movie and have anything and everything be a surprise. It's great to have seen a big list of celeb cameos and all, but that's going to take the fun out of seeing them all the sudden. I mean, if we think there's going to be a Sesame cameo, even if there was on, instead of being surprised, we'd just ask "when are they going to pop up?"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
All I'm saying is if we have one, great, if we don't, it's understandable (we hadn't had a Sesame Cameo since MTM). But above all, I'd RATHER wait and see the movie and have anything and everything be a surprise. It's great to have seen a big list of celeb cameos and all, but that's going to take the fun out of seeing them all the sudden. I mean, if we think there's going to be a Sesame cameo, even if there was on, instead of being surprised, we'd just ask "when are they going to pop up?"
I'd have thought that we would care more about what obscure characters appear, or at least have sizable roles. I care about what Muppets have significant parts than what celebrities make appearances.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
With the Muppet Movie soon upon us and the reviews are pouring in...I have to ask in terms of cameo/mentions, Was Sesame Street even MENTIONED within the movie ? :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what I find interesting? Back in the days, Jim owned the rights to ALL the Muppet characters, both the Classic Muppets, and the Sesame Street Muppets, but what I never really quite understood is why in TMM and GMC, there had to be disclaimers during the end titles that said Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch "Appear Courtesy of Children's Television Workshop", I mean Jim had legal ownership of Big Bird and Oscar back then, so why would they have to appear courtesy of CTW?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They wanted to have Elmo, but they said there was too much money to have him.
Now a question would be if there are any Fraggles becuase the Jim Henson Company did work a bit on this movie. But there were no Fraggles.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They wanted to have Elmo, but they said there was too much money to have him.
Now a question would be if there are any Fraggles becuase the Jim Henson Company did work a bit on this movie. But there were no Fraggles.
You forget two things: 1. JHC DIDN'T do any work on this movie, and 2. JHC just up and gave away the rights to FR.